Who Has Bought or Sold Their Own Property In The Last Few Months?

zen, I have to tell you that you are one of very few, who after asking for advice, getting it, then coming back to say "thank you".

Yes I agree he is very polite and this is deeply welcome. But he is not going to get a Foreign Exchange Transfer Form (FET/FETF). This has just increased from a USD $20k investment to a USD $50k investment. His investment is not in either of these regions.

I think he will have to go for what I believe to be called Bai Rap Rong (s). It will cost him, the transactions are small (SWIFT transfer is in my UK terms around 20 GBP per hit)

Latest FET/FETF attached.

FET FETF.docx

Edited by pkrv

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is so much talk about the down turn in the market and I have seen it first hand myself.

I am interested to know who has actually sold a property in the last few months. I dont want to hear from the agents as that is not the point of the thread. Ive been in real estate here for a long time and I KNOW, things are more than slow in Phuket.

Interested to hear from the sellers please. Property type, location and price.

I have a beautiful house in Bang Saray. Since the Thai Government announced that they were going to investigate all the tricky dicky Thai Corps opened by Gooofs like me, I totally expect nothing but the worst from the Thai's. All my friends have their homes set up the same way, some have millions of USD in Thailand. If the Thai's dont steal the property, you can be assured they are going to HORSE F_ _ K out of thousands, tens of thousands of worthless USD. I have my home for sale 20K under what I paid for it two years ago, and not one looker!!!!!

How can one buy a house in thailand without worrying on this sticky situation :jap:

• 1 month later...

Why are so many posters here trying to show how clever they are? Just give us the specifics of any property that you have bought or sold in the recent past. Let the facts speak for how clever you are in your deals.

Mjo, give us the facts of your BKK townhouse purchase -- location, age, size, price paid, etc. No one is going to be able to track you down as to your identity or deal. No need to state how clever you are; we readers can figure that out all by ourselves.

And no need to analyze the market or give us your conclusions. What we are trying to do with this thread is to build up some real transactions data so that each reader can come to his or her own conclusions. How difficult is that to understand?

agreed, just state the facts..

sure u can find good buys in the jungle... but capital gains is great.. I made more money than I could work for doing this..

seaviews, blah blah.... I dont care for it, it seems expensive... but I get the capital gains you will not get in the non busy areas..

not about the money? well depends if you have/get enough...