UK minister on Trump's Huawei remark: 'We all know Trump don't we'

snoop1130

UK minister on Trump's Huawei remark: 'We all know Trump don't we'

2020-06-24T030852Z_568619152_RC21FH96N6EX_RTRMADP_2_HUAWEI-STORE.jpg

Image: Google

LONDON (Reuters) - A senior British minister on Wednesday denied that U.S. President Donald Trump was responsible for Britain’s 5G ban on Huawei, saying the decision was a considered one despite attempts by some individuals to claim credit.

Britain announced on Tuesday it would purge Huawei equipment from 5G by the end of 2027, with Trump saying hours later that: “We convinced many countries, many countries, I did this myself for the most part, not to use Huawei, because we think it is an unsafe security risk, it’s a big security risk.”

Asked about the remark, British Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Sky News: “Well we all know Donald Trump don’t we.”

“All sorts of people can try to claim credit for the decision but this was based on a technical assessment by the National Cyber Security Centre about how we could have the highest quality 5G systems in the future,” he said.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-07-15

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

with Trump saying hours later that: “We convinced many countries, many countries, I did this myself for the most part, not to use Huawei, because we think it is an unsafe security risk, it’s a big security risk

He can count modesty amongst his many 'um qualities .? 

But whether he pulled the strings as suggested or not t'is a good thing Huawei been detached as they are a security risk .. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

and we all know Matt Hancock, health minister, liar and now apparently, a national security advisor.

Will be remembered for coining the phrase,

”we’re following the science “ when corvid19 deaths went out of control in England trying to deflect criticism.

Suggested premier league footballers took a pay cut to help the NHS, declined taking one himself. 

Now he thinks, I’ll have a go at Trump, that might make me more popular.

unwise move by the minister,

no "win" in upsetting Trump now that UK is seeking to cut a trade deal with Trumpland and the Trumpers

• Confused 1

This could get interesting.  DT is slipping.  He doesn't realize that his clout in the US, with the Senate and Justice Department in his pocket, does nothing for him on the international stage.  But with Bannon in both his and BoJo's ear we're sure to have some good reality show moments.  Johnson can keep on about chickens and DT can do his dishwashers and toilets routine, one of my favorites: after all, these are the important things.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Consistently lied about UK virus testing figures, both tests conducted and testing capability.

Consistently lied about protective gear quantities purchased by the government. 

Counted a pair of plastic gloves as 2 pieces of personal protective equipment.

I actually watched his interview this morning live and I watched him a few weeks ago telling the viewers he never speaks ill of foreign politicians but hey, it’s only a few porkies.

He was constantly being caught out telling his porkies on a daily UK morning tv show, Boris had to stop him appearing on the show. 

Now because of him the whole government have been prevented appearing on this morning news programme, he simply couldn’t back up anything he was spouting.

Yes my opinion along with millions more and nothing to do with politics just his lies.

Yea but he is a politician.  That's what they do.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Consistently lied about UK virus testing figures, both tests conducted and testing capability.

I actually watched his interview this morning live and I watched him a few weeks ago telling the viewers he never speaks ill of foreign politicians but hey, it’s only a few porkies.

He was constantly being caught out telling his porkies on a daily UK morning tv show, Boris had to stop him appearing on the show. 

Now because of him the whole government have been prevented appearing on this morning news programme, he simply couldn’t back up anything he was spouting.

Yes my opinion along with millions more and nothing to do with politics just his lies.

I would say they would still all  be on Radio 4's To-Day program, just a pity John Humphreys is no longer a presenter, he would have sorted him. 

21 hours ago, Susco said:

We all know Johnson as well, don't we?

We all know them all.  Not one decent upstanding man between any of them.  And ironically all of them are on the back foot.  Hancock is being called out on a daily basis for his miss-information and cover ups,  Johnson for being Cumming's puppet and generally spineless and Trump for........ Well the list is just too long.  Let's just say a complete moron and leave it there.

I don't think a trade deal with the USA can be taken seriously as Trump will be gone by Christmas.  There will be repercussions over Huawei because once again Johnson and his chums screwed it up in the first place.   Hancock said  “All sorts of people can try to claim credit for the decision but this was based on a technical assessment by the National Cyber Security Centre about how we could have the highest quality 5G systems in the future,”  And that assessment warned of the security risks and Johnson just waved them aside.

We are being governed by inadequate fools but I guess it could be worse.  Imagine living with Trump's lunacy!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

unwise move by the minister,

no "win" in upsetting Trump now that UK is seeking to cut a trade deal with Trumpland and the Trumpers

And there was me thinking that the trade deal was between the USA and the UK. You have spoiled my day by bringing Trumpland and the Trumpers into it. ????

On 7/15/2020 at 1:23 PM, twocatsmac said:

Not just a liar, but totally incompetent. PEP, testing, hospitals releasing Covid carrying patients into retirement homes, he's been behind the curve on every single issue during this crisis. And about as much charisma as a dead fish.