Neighbour was angry with me today. Dont know what to do.

bbabythai

49 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

3. If they do try to stop us I will have to get very angry and raise my voice and show my <deleted> off face. 

Do that and it's not them that will end up losing.

You say "us". That indicates a wife. If she is Thai why are you getting involved at all? It's her job to fix the problem.

BTW, silicone fixes leaking windows.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Did you offer to clean up the mess in their yard? Did you show up with a broom and dust pan? Sounds like you are just saying sorry and making them clean it up.

I once had a neighbors dog dig under our fence and tear up my backyard. The neighbor came over, repaired everything, and paid for the damages. I was pretty upset, but his efforts calmed me down.

Perfect!

Accidents can happen in life.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Never initiate a wai to someone of lesser social/financial/educational status than yourself.

They will see you as inferior or weak.

agree, just shows you dont understand thai culture, i cringe whenever i see foreigners waiing locals right left and centre... just take a moment to understand the wai, it's quite easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

agree, just shows you dont understand thai culture, i cringe whenever i see foreigners waiing locals right left and centre... just take a moment to understand the wai, it's quite easy.

I cringe whenever I hear someone suggest you should support an antiquated system that entrenches or elevates classism. Surely you are better than that - and just maybe these foreigners know *exactly* what they're doing.

Edited by jacob29

8 hours ago, Eibot said:

Seems to me you are trying to be friendly. If they don't accept it, than they don't. Life too short to worry about unfriendly neighbors. 

Life could become shorter, by annoying unfriendly neighbours!

Normally, people don't become unfriendly or angry without any rhyme or reason (of course there are exceptions to the rule).

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

It's not easy at all. Saying it is shows that one doesn't know how to do it properly, IMO.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe they don't like 'dirty farang' and are scared of catching a disease from you.

Sometimes, unknowingly, ones 'attitude' attract misery to oneself... Retrospection might help, but no guarantee!