Neighbour was angry with me today. Dont know what to do.

bbabythai

10 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think it's any different which country you live in,

We had a problem with our neighbours tree dangerously over hanging our house more so the roof and when the storms come blowing all the leafs in the pool.

I had asked them nicely to cut it back off my land if it had come down on the roof it would have done some damage they wern't interested she told me to cut it down it's my problem I stopped being nice to her and sent a letter from the Lawyer with photo evidence stating the law, she cut it back cost about 8000 Baht she's never spoke to me since, like I give a <deleted>,

I'll be on to her again soon it's growing back, 

In NZ the landowner has the right to cut any branches that are over the boundary. Is it different in LOS?

• Like 2

Go to local police station 
pay them 500 baht to send someone in uniform to come and make sure the truck is parked correct and not blocking traffic etc????
have a gift for the woman, potted plant, fruit basket, to give her (in front of BiB)
her attitude will be totally different
as others have said make sure you clean up ALL the mess your builders made in her garden (and a bit more)
and make sure she knows this will happen

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In NZ the landowner has the right to cut any branches that are over the boundary. Is it different in LOS?

It's the same here but I knew how much it would cost I had already asked our gardener

Edited by ChipButty

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's not easy at all. Saying it is shows that one doesn't know how to do it properly, IMO.

It is really not that complicated... at least not on a daily basis... I am not talking about ultra formal occasions... just the daily stuff.. but not making some effort to return a wai is rude... though the ones who do not make an effort surely don't care if they are rude and then come on here wondering why they have no Thai friends and calling Thai people unfriendly... 

even if your hands are full, you make some effort and laugh and smile... a perfect beautiful wai is not expected... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ravip said:

Sometimes, unknowingly, ones 'attitude' attract misery to oneself... Retrospection might help, but no guarantee!

I don't have any problems with my neighbours ..... in a any country.

I ignore them, they ignore me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

Why are you dumping cement on your neighbors? Did you not have some protective barriers up in place to stop this happening? You should not be dropping any rubbish. Waiving 500THB at them to clean up your mess is a big insult. You got to fix this yourself.

Presumably you are not Thai and there is a Thai owner to your property, why are they not managing things anyway?

Very true indeed!

Imagine if the roles were reversed, the comments here too would have 'reversed' to a very ugly and untrue version.

'nuff said

• Like 1

5 hours ago, innosiem said:

Go to local police station 
pay them 500 baht to send someone in uniform to come and make sure the truck is parked correct and not blocking traffic etc????
have a gift for the woman, potted plant, fruit basket, to give her (in front of BiB)
her attitude will be totally different
as others have said make sure you clean up ALL the mess your builders made in her garden (and a bit more)
and make sure she knows this will happen

I respect all the replies on this thread but this is the advice I will take. I talked to my staff about the idea and they agree, given the circumstances, that police presence will prevent further issues tomorrow. I just got back from the station and the boss of traffic cop dept said he can do it. I said we just need 1 guy for 1 hour at the beginning. We didnt mention any issues with the neighbours. He said 'oh you need the premium service. 2 guys..' I asked how much and of course he didnt tell me. Anyways, if it means the old lady will not be able to stop me doing the job tomorrow then its worth it. I also intend to take the mother in law. Same age and I think it will work if she translates for me. My wife cannot leave our business. 

cheers for your help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Why are you dumping cement on your neighbors? Did you not have some protective barriers up in place to stop this happening? You should not be dropping any rubbish. Waiving 500THB at them to clean up your mess is a big insult. You got to fix this yourself.

Presumably you are not Thai and there is a Thai owner to your property, why are they not managing things anyway?

Not possible to put protective barriers. Its on the 4th floor and a cliff face down to their yard. My wife could not attend. She works full time at our business

11 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I respect all the replies on this thread but this is the advice I will take. I talked to my staff about the idea and they agree, given the circumstances, that police presence will prevent further issues tomorrow. I just got back from the station and the boss of traffic cop dept said he can do it. I said we just need 1 guy for 1 hour at the beginning. We didnt mention any issues with the neighbours. He said 'oh you need the premium service. 2 guys..' I asked how much and of course he didnt tell me. Anyways, if it means the old lady will not be able to stop me doing the job tomorrow then its worth it. I also intend to take the mother in law. Same age and I think it will work if she translates for me. My wife cannot leave our business. 

cheers for your help.

Yeah a couple of cops present should smooth things over. 

• Haha 1

IMO, you have been given some amazingly silly advice on this thread.

Especially the silly 1990's style advice on wai'ing. ridiculous

And after whats happened already, the pot-plant/gift thing is just as bad.

She will probably end up throwing it at you.

IMO, The only sound advice was the people who said "leave it to the Thais"

If it were me i would have made myself scarce during the whole process.

The bossman or people doing the job would have easily dealt with the old lady, Thai style.

Another thing ive noticed, hanging around squarking at the workers and checking up/telling them what to do, NEVER gets you anywhere in Thailand.

In fact, when you do that, dont be suprised if you end up with faults you didnt notice, that later end up being a big P in the A!

• Like 2