Neighbour was angry with me today. Dont know what to do.

bbabythai

You really need to sort it before hiring a cherry picker if she says no then leave the blocked up window as it is I presume it was grey block you used if so I see no problem with it causing any kind of dampness you only have to look at the Thai builders half never even render the block they just leave it I wouldn’t offer her any money as the price will keep increasing just leave the wall as it is at least your not looking at it 

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Never initiate a wai to someone of lesser social/financial/educational status than yourself.

They will see you as inferior or weak.

He's a farang - they see us all as inferior - a wai is not going to change that

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

One catches more flies with honey..

A "hail fellow well met!" a few drinks and a gift for the lady of the house works wonders...

Your neighbour's might even be into Scrabble..one never knows..

It is "hale" fellow.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

One catches more flies with honey..

A "hail fellow well met!" a few drinks and a gift for the lady of the house works wonders...

Your neighbour's might even be into Scrabble..one never knows..

Is it really necessary to offer 'bribes' in life?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You got a death wish?

Involving the police is the most pathetic/ ridiculous thing possible, you should be ashamed of yourself.

You are in the wrong, not your neighbour.

My wife cannot leave our business, BS.

Damned glad your not my neighbour.

Utter rubbish, for someone who has lived in Thailand for years you seem to have learnt nothing, the police are often used in this manner (you do understand that the poster has not reported these people to the police), and yes you pay for it, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, howerde said:

Utter rubbish, for someone who has lived in Thailand for years you seem to have learnt nothing, the police are often used in this manner (you do understand that the poster has not reported these people to the police), and yes you pay for it, 

You appear to be the 1 talking rubbish, involve the police, then some time in the future, somebody will get you back.

You clearly have no idea how things work here, a farang upsets locals, beware, always watch your back.

As has already been said, Pu yai ban is the person to go to.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You appear to be the 1 talking rubbish, involve the police, then some time in the future, somebody will get you back.

You clearly have no idea how things work here, a farang upsets locals, beware, always watch your back.

Damn right! A white Caucasian "farang" tends to stand out like a country dunny on parade* in the Thai villages.

*Australian sar-major speak for hopelessly unpresentable recruits.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

by having a 4 storey house you obviously make them feel inferior and they lose face, make them an offer for their house that they can't refuse, give them some of that ALL IMPORTANT FACE and with some luck they will get lost!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shdmn said:

The best advice I ever read was to just not wai.  Farangs aren't expected to do it and will never do it right anyways. If you do it wrong or to the wrong people you look like an ass.  So just don't, ever.

I've been here 15 years and have NEVER wai'ed to anyone. They don't expect it of a foreigner, so why make a fool of yourself if you don't need to.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

by having a 4 storey house you obviously make them feel inferior and they lose face, make them an offer for their house that they can't refuse, give them some of that ALL IMPORTANT FACE and with some luck they will get lost!

An absolute sorry analysis, the OP should ignore.

If serious, best is to leave Thailand. This mentality is the sole source of trouble.

Disgusting, to say the least.

Having a 4 storey or a 400 storey building gives you the right to muck up your neighbours property? Where do you come from?

Edit

Waiting...

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Take a Thai with you...or let the Thai go alone...explain to neighbor what work remains...offer her 1,000...be willing to go higher if necessary...set a limit. 

You can not put a price on good neighbor relationship...

Better to nip this in the bud now...

If your neighbours react like that in the first place the relation will not get any better so no need to pay 1000baht or more fornsomething that can't be fixed anyway .