BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand road carnage: 7,414 dead at the scene this year - 38 yesterday, 560 so far in July

22 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Makes year i and others say it :

Just f.. learn the BASIC DRIVING RULES !!!

It's just amazing (and it looks really really bad and stupid) how they make 5 or 6 ENORMOUS MISTAKES, all the time !

- Traffic circle (round about) : they stop in the middle... Clear signs on the road although, but they can not get it !

- Wrong way is a classic-classic for motorcycles

- Engage without stoping, slow but "hey it's me i should pass", they sometimes look once engaged

- Traffic light : ho but why don't we turn IN FRONT of the opposite cars : accidents GARANTEE with motorcycle coming sideway

- On the road : a motorcycle coming opposite way : but why should i not pass, motorcycle is so small he can surely move aside for me !

- Or pass without any visibility (small hill)... I even saw a police car doing that ! Any car coming opposite and it's a crash garanteed.

- Change of file without looking...

To the dis(credit) of Thai people : problem is from the Department of transport, clearly !

- Funny : test for colors is f. WRONG in some places (or all) : Green dark, green light, and red. No yellow but you are supposed to guess what they want here. Anecdotic though.

- How on earth can they make people watch hours of video, plus training, and the ONLY thing they learn is to use INDICATORS 😂 Actually they mess up with that too many times...

- A Thai friend confirm me she does absolutely not know how to drive, but they gave her the license...

I would say the blame is on the Department. Nobody in this department to learn the BASICS and to make them teached ???

Looks really poor for Thailand. No one other country has such a problem. Even Vietnam, Cambodia, etc.

But hey, just a "few" dozens of thousand people dead and millions people injured per year, why should we care, , it's not a virus 🙄 Not in the breaking news everyday 😬

If it made some money then.....

3 hours ago, johng said:

Google says

Is there some other Agenda 21 ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, jerolamo said:

Car and motorcycles are not cheap in Thailand. New one are not cheap and second (or more) hand are not cheap too... In my french country, cars, motorbikes and electronic is cheaper if you have to compare the same model, the same quality. Same for second hand.

you are right

It seems to me to be very strange due to tax in french very expensive...

Yes, it's strange

the reality is the middlemen have very big and deep pockets and they

are busy to fill them with money

but then in Thailand, they build no car, no motorbike, all is importation and import fees are expensive in Thailand.

You are wrong

according to the BOI

'' Thailand automotive industry has been significantly developed for over 50 years. The industry contributed 12% of the GDP1 with more than 1.94 million vehicles produced and worth USD 27 billion in 2016. These successes ranked the country as the largest automotive producer in Southeast Asia and 12th in the world.'' 

On 7/16/2020 at 9:14 AM, Pungdo said:

They are just complete morons, nothing between the ears other than a vacuum, I was on my way to collect my daughter from school on my bike a couple of days ago, when a young moron flew passed me so close that his mirror clipped mine, just a little closer and it could have been handle bars clipping and I hate to think how that would have ended, probably with both of us biting the road 🤬

I was lucky to survive an accident on Sukhumvit Rd 4 years ago when an idiot with a very young girl sitting on the back of his bike, forced me into the gutter on the median strip, heaps of bark missing, 5 broken ribs and a broken shoulder blade was the result. 😖

and i bet they blamed you. as you are falang😫

On 7/16/2020 at 9:08 AM, DrJack54 said:

I have always wondered why deaths that occur later in hospitals or even on the way to hospital are not included. 

Is there some strange reason for this?

No strange reason whatsoever. Tourism in Thailand is more important than life itself. Everything in Thailand comes at a price. 

When did this change?

I think people are getting Thailand mixed up with a regular country.  They have high aspirations but face saving gets in the way.

It will never change, it will always be this.

Your only option is to leave Thailand and move to Europe, USA, wherever.  Live your life happy.  

Driving here is just about moving the car. That's it. No one knows any road rules and if they do they ignore them. There's no understanding or awareness that other people/vehicles use the road. I have to drive for them. That means, as much as possible, giving them the least chance to hit me.

• Like 2

if only they had been wearing masks and social distancing....

these tragic losses could have been averted

• Like 1