BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand road carnage: 7,414 dead at the scene this year - 38 yesterday, 560 so far in July

15 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Very good point. That will only happen with a complete overhaul of license system, the testing system and the actual enforcement that does not function purely at "tea money time". Perhaps put the COVID boys onto this as their next project, or hire a load of foreign coppers to teach the police how to enforce the law consistently. 🙂

We tried to teach them as a group from the US when i was working as a traffic cop. They listened and said they understood, but then the end results are the same. Nothing critical in my post or aggravation on my part.  You just have to accept that which most can not. You can not change people, they must want to change. You can not fix people, as they have to fix themselves. Women try to change men and it never works, the same vice versa as well.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it seems that the Government and the authorities see this as a legal way to reduce the number of Nationals under their care, hence why unemployment benefits etc are not as we would expect in more civilised countries. It is a sad thing to see the lack of true transperancy of a Government that shows proper cause of protecting the people who live in this country.  

Week-ends and holidays are quite safer, that's not what I would have expected.

21 minutes ago, Benmart said:

This is not about any other country. It is about Thailand.

Wow. Correct!!

And people get killed on the road in all of them... Thailand too... 

Simple really you only count 7k it looks bad, but looks so much better than the truth which is at least double.... 

• Like 1

It's disgustingly apparent, the 58 dead from COVID needs attention because it's the perfect

opportunity to control the Country.

23,000 ANNUAL deaths on Thailand's roads ( and sidewalks ) as well as

Hundreds dead from the Annual Bad Air Quality - those just get weak lip service.

• Like 1

Shock Horror... Despite the relentless Driving Campaigns.... Police Crackdowns on Schoolkids 3 up on a bike... Babies carried pinion style. This is very disappointing.

Perhaps it's because it's not worthwhile until the faring Road Blocks return and provide a cash incentive to fund the issue.???

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have always wondered why deaths that occur later in hospitals or even on the way to hospital are not included. 

Is there some strange reason for this?

only 8  fingers on each hand!

37 minutes ago, Benmart said:

There is no national lockdown of the roadways, no quaranteen of "felonious drivers", no task force to isolate the cause of the staggering death toll. A pathetic response by government to address this preventable, "manmade epidemic" of roadway carnage. The vaccine is before the governments eyes, but alas, no one willing to administer it.

its pisses me off when i am driving, get hungry,  and can't find a quaranteen anywhere to buy a snack.

other than that....   i agree with the sentiment of most here.  why isn't traffic control of any importance here ?    but i am also equally baffled how spooked the average Thai is of being attacked by some invisible virus.   (yes, i know that some countries have many cases,  along with a long list of preventable diseases.)      

Gee, those stay at home internet stocks are sure doing well .     

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmm.... this unmitigated slaughter of people on Thai “roads” has been going on for years , which tends to support a thought that stupid is what stupid does? Tell me that I’m wrong I dare you!

uh oh .      road rage 

Here...

Puts Covid in perspective.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, lee b said:

Forgot Licence not needed

Also forgot that correct and proper means of driving lessons and a test are not needed.