Nobody found infected by ‘privileged’ foreigners yet

webfact

1 hour ago, sitti said:

Well, you can try to bash Thailand but doesn't change the fact that whatever Thailand is doing to fight covid19, it has been proven they are doing far better job than those in farang lands. Ouch the face????

China and Thailand both had Covid S strain while EU and US have Covid G strain.  The "G" strain has shown to be much more contagious.  Might be why China's numbers were so low and Thailands almost minuscule compared to other "farang" countries.
Of course UK and US aren't wearing a lot of masks either ....

It’s all too early to say that the results are negative because the incubation period of the virus may take over 14 days. They even said that the citizens  “tested negative to Covid-19” but results are not out yet! It seems like the second wave of the virus is already here before the tourists.

3 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

China and Thailand both had Covid S strain while EU and US have Covid G strain.  The "G" strain has shown to be much more contagious.  Might be why China's numbers were so low and Thailands almost minuscule compared to other "farang" countries.
Of course UK and US aren't wearing a lot of masks either ....

No intelligent person believes the low Covid-19 figures put out by China and Thailand

7 hours ago, sitti said:

Well, you can try to bash Thailand but doesn't change the fact that whatever Thailand is doing to fight covid19, it has been proven they are doing far better job than those in farang lands. Ouch the face????

Just as it's been proven that they are much better at fighting hypothermia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If people think that children will not spread the covid virus, I ask you who brings the

colds and flues home mostly. Mom and Dad, or the little bug carriers?

Just think of how many times you parents got sick from your kids.

I have been sick many times from the angels that walk among us.  As for

this Egyptian affair, people can be thankful for not catching the bug from the jerk.

Geezer

16 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Another headline which will add more venom against foreigners

once positive results are found. 

They won't be found, the "amazing 50+ days" record will not be spoilt by stating the truth !

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Still possible that Thailand has some sort of herd immunity as it was open to Chinese for 8 months after first cases were seen there but not yet recognised as COVID. At that time few if any wore masks.

I remember myself being more sick than even around early December. I mean flu or a bad cold would hit me on many years but last year was magnitudes worse than usual. But I got over it in a few weeks. Many people I know also got badly sick around that time, Nov-Jan.

So maybe we already got through COVID. Question is how many of us still have any antibodies left... and how much these would protect us against Italian strain of virus...

I highly doubt it. Not even China, Spain or Italy has herd immunity as it seems like a lot of the sick does not test positive for anti bodies after a period. Not even Sweden who had hoped to achieve herd immunity reached its goal and failed miserably. 

It also seems like the anti bodies does not stay there for a longer period, so who knows how long we're protected after getting covid 19.

Personally i think we just have to live with it and it's consequences and then hopefully a vaccine can help us getting back to normally, but producing 7 billion vaccine is not something done over night, and it's not even certain a vaccine is the cure. 

As for traveling to Thailand, I'm hoping for February, but not to super optimistic, since I don't want to come if certain restrictions is in place. 

And for those bashing Thailand for beeing negative about foreigners in these times. 

Would you for example have hordes of tourists from US, Brazil, Sweden,India or England roaming your neighborhood? 

I wouldn't but that does not mean I hate those nationalities, I just don't want their company right now. 

I hate how covid 19 changed the world..... 

18 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I think too many people have a hot button like cntrl X and it plugs in that word.  Just how many countries are not xenophobic, especially these days?

How many countries have dual pricing for say national parks? If you have lived there any lengthy period of time, you will be aware of the xenophobia. Sure racism exists in most countries, however the degree at which is exists varies 

On 7/17/2020 at 12:04 PM, Virt said:

Not even China, Spain or Italy has herd immunity as it seems like a lot of the sick does not test positive for anti bodies after a period.

It might be worth noting immunity doesn't mean you have antibodies floating around 24/7. It means the B-cells & T-cells learned how to produce them on demand. Antibodies are only present once the B-cells start producing them to fight off the infection, once it's gone, antibodies will fade away until the next time.

Testing for immunity .. tricky stuff. One obvious is to intentionally infect a test subject, which brings all sorts of troubles. So they use hamsters and monkeys & co.