Four new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine

webfact

By The Nation

s3.reutersmedia.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Reuters

There were four new Covid-19 cases in state quarantine over a 24-hour period, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), reported on Thursday (July 16), the 52nd day without a domestic case.

CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin apologised to Thais again for not fully reporting on the first announcement of a case involving a foreigner on Monday and also read the apology letter from the Egyptian embassy.

Of the new cases, a 33-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman had returned from the UAE, a 27-year-old student who had a history of being in close contact with patients had returned from Egypt, and a 51-year-old woman with fever symptoms had returned from the US.

Meanwhile, three patients recovered fully and returned home.

As of July 16, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,236 (299 found in state quarantine) -- 83 are under treatment, 3,095 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 58 deaths.

Globally, the total number of confirmed cases passed 13.6 million, up by 234,000 on Wednesday; 8 million have recovered while deaths stood at 586,000. Thailand is 100th among countries with most number of cases in the world; the US has the highest number, followed by Brazil and India.

Updating on the case of the Sudanese ambassador’s daughter, Dr Taweesin said that 16 people had used the same elevator but they had all tested negative.

Meanwhile, in the case of the Egyptian soldier’s case, a taxi driver has reported himself to the health officer since he didn’t actually drive the soldier to the mall but talked to them for five minutes.

He said the total number of people in Rayong who had been tested could be divided into: 12 high-risk close contacts, all of whom have tested negative: people registered with ThaiChana or signed guest books (medium risk); 886 people went to Laem Thong department store and 447 people had visited Rayong Central mall -- all are negative. All the 267 people who lived in the area of the One-X condominium, where the Sudanese family stayed, had been tested and found to be negative.

Meanwhile, 1,252 people who were concerned and went to test on July 15 at mobile labs are awaiting results.

At the end of the brief conference, he warned Thais about influenza and dengue fever and urged them to take care of themselves by following a healthy lifestyle.

He also said that Rayong people can now go to both Rayong Central mall and Laem Thong department store since they have been disinfected and were closed for comprehensive cleaning after the news.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391416?utm_source

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-16

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It could get a lot worse yet if they let more people into the country. 

Just red the news :     Imaging that  some of them Are positive an decide to Fly / Sneak  into Los  

The owner of a Bangladeshi hospital, accused of issuing thousands of fake negative Covid-19 test results at his 2 clinics, was arrested yesterday whilst trying to flee to neighbouring India dressed as a woman.

(Now that you’ve absorbed the first sentence…)

Police say the arrest marks the end of a 9 day manhunt for 42 year old Mohammad Shahed over allegations he gave fake certificates to patients certifying them “virus-free” without testing them. He’s one of more than a dozen people detained in the past few days in connection with the scam.

“He was arrested at the banks of a border river as he was trying to flee to India. He was wearing a burqa.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

It could get a lot worse yet if they let more people into the country. 

Just red the news :     Imaging that  some of them Are positive an decide to Fly / Sneak  into Los  

The owner of a Bangladeshi hospital, accused of issuing thousands of fake negative Covid-19 test results at his 2 clinics, was arrested yesterday whilst trying to flee to neighbouring India dressed as a woman.

(Now that you’ve absorbed the first sentence…)

Police say the arrest marks the end of a 9 day manhunt for 42 year old Mohammad Shahed over allegations he gave fake certificates to patients certifying them “virus-free” without testing them. He’s one of more than a dozen people detained in the past few days in connection with the scam.

“He was arrested at the banks of a border river as he was trying to flee to India. He was wearing a burqa.”

Hundreds of them arrived in Italy with those fake tests and dozens are positive.

https://www.benarnews.org/english/news/bengali/covid-italy-07082020193028.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Updating on the case of the Sudanese ambassador’s daughter, Dr Taweesin said that 16 people had used the same elevator but they had all tested negative.

16 people used the same elevator. This really shows the level of intelligence or utter .. these guys sprout.

How did she get to the elevator? Where was she before that? Where was she after that? Her family tested positive and she's wondering around BKK. But don't fear. It's all ok. Those in the elevator tested negative? Well the first time anyhow. Where are those people now? And why one has to ask was she allowed to wonder the streets of BKK.

Edited by dinsdale

21 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

16 people used the same elevator. This really shows the level of intelligence or utter .. these guys sprout.

How did she get to the elevator? Where was she before that? Where was she after that? Her family tested positive and she's wondering around BKK. But don't fear. It's all ok. Those in the elevator tested negative? Well the first time anyhow. Where are those people now? And why one has to ask was she allowed to wonder the streets of BKK.

I don't fear at all, the virus is the last of my concern in my daily life in Thailand.

9 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Good for you. Do you fear giving it to someone else?

No, because there's no virus atm in Thailand.

If it was rampant I would be more careful but I'd still try to go on with my life.

1 minute ago, Anton9 said:

No, because there's no virus atm in Thailand.

If it was rampant I would be more careful but I'd still try to go on with my life.

Fairly sure plenty will disagree about the state of the virus. Schools opened up a couple of wks ago so let's see. Of course if testing was being done then we could have more certainty. 

7 hours ago, CGW said:

Let's just ignore reality and be panicked into fear, despite the odds on dying being ????

Interesting fact:- The number of Coronavirus deaths WORLDWIDE are LESS than the number of Children that go missing in the United States of America alone every year!

So the simple answer is, treat the CV seriously instead of trying to downplay or ignore it. Mask up, social distance and wash your hands. And then there won't be the need for lockdowns.

Typically around the world, the lockdowns are only occurring where the virus is spreading pretty much out of control and/or threatening the capacity of health care systems.

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So the simple answer is, treat the CV seriously instead of trying to downplay or ignore it. Mask up, social distance and wash your hands. And then there won't be the need for lockdowns.

Typically around the world, the lockdowns are only occurring where the virus is spreading pretty much out of control and/or threatening the capacity of health care systems.

image.png.a51a7bbfe94894db65464f3a7a17f0ec.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The posters on this forum who do not take the virus seriously should try to get to

the USA, at least there you will have lots of company. There are still today a lot of Americans

who just because they did not get sick yet, think that the Covid virus is just another flu.

I do hope that Asia does reopen in November for the high season, as I know there

are thousands of the northern hemisphere people who want to escape the cold weather

of this coming winter.  I just hope that the rules do not get to relaxed until a vaccine

is getting used by a lot of the world.  I have had some friends who contacted this

virus and none of them are saying that they felt okay, even though most have survived.

One of my older friends said bye, and he died not long after our phone call.

Geezer