90 day report paper same day as visa extension expire date??

So my visa expires on September 1st and when I went to do my 90 day check the paper also says September 1st and has a stamp. " Permit same day visa finish." This was done at Udon Thani immigration. I have a Thai Elite visa.

Normally when I was staying in Pattaya if my visa extension expired before my 90 day paper they would still give me a full 90 days. The two are separate and the 90 day cycle has nothing to do with the visa extension. 

Is this okay I have never seen it done like this where the 90 day report was put as the same day as the visa expire date. 

Thanks

Edited by flyingsaucersarereal

2 hours ago, Puccini said:

The expiration date of your visa is not related in any way to the due date for the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days.

Yes I know I have lived here for 8 years and never had this happen until now.

I am reading online that some immigration offices in the "sticks" do this they will not extend your 90 day report beyond your visa extension date.

Strange and not the way it is supposed to happen but nonetheless that's what they do.

Udon is one the offices that only dates the next report to the day your extension ends. You can do the 90 day report 15 days early and do the extension of stay (it is not a visa)  application at the same time.

Some time ago the officer here did the same. I have done both at the same time 15 days early.

I had to renew my retirement Visa on the same day as my 90 day report. The Immigration Officer told me not to forget to do my 90 day report when I got my retirement Visa as they were two totally different procedures. I thanked him profusely. I had assumed that getting my retirement Visa renewed would cover the 90 day reporting!

20 hours ago, Puccini said:

The expiration date of your visa is not related in any way to the due date for the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days.

It depends on the office where you do your report.

In Udon you are wrong, if your extension is finishing less than 90 days from your report date then your report back date is the same as your extension date.

For proof here is a 10 day 90 day report 

F891BA4C-D9E6-4F1D-9110-A8611A79718E.jpeg.f9b209f6e40df91bf4a9432492f670e6.jpeg

Korat Immigration also gave me a less than 90 day report back date aligned to my extension expiry date.  

But they did give me a new, full 90 day report back date when I renewed the extension and I didn’t have to do the 90 day report as well 

Doing the extension here resets the 90 day clock.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReadySteady said:

Korat Immigration also gave me a less than 90 day report back date aligned to my extension expiry date.  

But they did give me a new, full 90 day report back date when I renewed the extension and I didn’t have to do the 90 day report as well 

Doing the extension here resets the 90 day clock.

Okay cool just trying to understand this since I have done these before in Bangkok and Pattaya and they always give a full 90 days. 

7 hours ago, flyingsaucersarereal said:

How early do you guys go back to do your new visa extension? Obviously you don't want to wait until the last day that they put on your 90 slip. I was thinking 1 week prior to the extension expiration date.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can do the 90 day report 15 days early and do the extension of stay (it is not a visa)  application at the same time.

That is the easy way. Just do it all in one trip.