Visa amnesty extended to September 30?

And there was me thinking they will come up with some formula to charge those stuck in the Kingdom in order to prop up the financial situation I would be amazed if they extend until the end of September for zero cost never in my 14 years have I received any change from my local IO and when I did ask once where was my change the reply was charges for photo copying even tho they never did any.

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Reading this attachment seems a clear message to all Americans book your ticket home if you don’t have a current visa

DFD5548B-95AC-473B-9EAD-629AFDF84939.jpeg

The US embassy has nothing to do with visa amnesty in Thailand.  They don’t have any idea if it will be extended or not.  It is the Thai government that will determine the visa policy in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thai journalists/translators probably don't understand immigration and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are different.

I predicted another 60 days, and am happy to be right.

But it does seem immigration (refusing 60 day extensions this week) had been given the nod early.

And with all the builders/labourers/wait staff from neighbouring countries stuck in Thailand, it seems they had little choice until the land borders are open again. Quite a lot seem infected, when tested by their home countries, so they don't want them back at the moment.

The amnesty isn't just, or even mainly, for white folk!

Would tend to agree.

What many seem to overlook it that airport operations and immigration are 2 completely different scenarios and cannot possibly work within the same timeframes.

The last announcement from CAAT was on the 2nd July which effectively amended the previous ban on most incoming flights until further notice, and it is very unlikely that will come to an end before the end of the month. Any announcement on lifting the ban would in all probability give airlines a couple of weeks notice.

With an ongoing restriction on aircraft operation there is a strong possibility of an extension.

It should be borne in mind that currently item 7 is in fact repatriation flights into Thailand from other countries.

2. Aircraft carrying persons shall be banned from entering into the airport in Thailand unless it falls with any of the following categories:

(1) State or military aircraft

(2) Emergency landing flights

(3) Technical landing flights without disembarkation

(4) Humanitarian aid, medical and relief flights

(5) Repatriation flights

(6) Cargo flights

(7) Passenger flights carrying the persons permitted to enter Thailand as prescribed in 3.

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51895

• Like 2

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

But will the ED be extended also?

It should be noted Bill that this paragraph has been added to the latest CAAT announcement, which is until further notice.

In order to provide a guideline for those involved and ensure the consistency with Regulation Issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 12) issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020) and Order of the Centre for the Administration of the Situation due to the Outbreak of the Communicable Disease Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) No. 7/2563 Re : Guidelines based on Regulations Issued under Section 9 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situations B.E. 2548 (2005) (No. 6) issued on 30 June B.E. 2563 (2020), by virtue of Section 27 and 28 of the Air Navigation Act B.E. 2497, the Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand hereby issues the notification as follows:

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/51895

12 hours ago, worldfun said:

No air mailing seriously? not even a tiny letter? Hmm I understood cargo was kind of regular at least as I haven't noticed any supply disruptions at all... amazon etc also going on pretty much as normal

I have sent an EMS parcel to The Netherlands a few weeks ago. It arrived fairly quick after. No delays. On the other hand, a friend received a secured priority parcel from The Netherlands recently and took about 1.5 months.

Edited by 41632584
Error in grammar

20 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

The US embassy has nothing to do with visa amnesty in Thailand.  They don’t have any idea if it will be extended or not.  It is the Thai government that will determine the visa policy in Thailand.

You are absolutely correct.  What they are doing is telling the Americans not here on a current Visa or extension of stay that the Jig is almost up in their purview, and that those folks need to move onto Plan B and Plan C and book a flight home or check in with the embassy and get a repatriation loan if they can not afford to fly out on there own in order to return to the US.

16 minutes ago, william76 said:

I was at Phuket immigration office two days, to extend my visa for medical purpose.

The officer told me to wait and didn't want me to pay the fees. He looked quite confident about a visa amnesty

Thanks for reporting, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the Amnesty will be extended.

Of course it is strongly recommended to enquire now at your local IO about your Visa situation and options.

But if they confirm that you can apply, it is also recommended to wait till the end of the Amnesty (but not last day, because then it will be a madhouse at IO), to apply for a 30-day extension or a 60-day extension of stay because such an extension is provided from date of application.

So this advice to wait is always correct and advantageous for the applicant:

- If the Amnesty is extended, the applicant will not have wasted unnecassarily his life-line 30-day or 60-day Extension (he might need it later on);

- if the Amnesty is not extended, the later the application the later the permission to stay will expire that the applicant will get from such application.

17 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Beyond the speculative nature of the whole article, there is no way that site has any connection to real news sources.  To do so would make it a media outlet, and that means it would have to be Thai owned and operated.

But why would a Thai owned/operated news site be registered and hosted in the United States?

image.png.fd86f4173c80e9ac2221d79268a0bf59.png

Not sure what you are trying to show here, many/most businesses and individuals purchase a domain online and tucows is simply the registrar, not the registrant.

Similarly, hosting can be located almost anywhere, its an online purchase.

And  where does it indicate or even suggest that the site is thai-owned or operated? 

Finally, a full whois, which you do not provide here, shows the registrant has paid for domain privacy. So you have no idea what adress they have given.

Thaivisa.com is registered to an american registrar with a kowloon address and us ip address and nameservers.

Nationthailand.com is similarly a us registrar, godaddy and runs on us registered cloudflare nameservers and hosting.

Simply put, your sleuthing is pointless, because you have no idea what you are looking for. 

There are reasons to doubt the bangkok heralds credibility as an established news source, you just havent posted any of them here.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, asiacurious said:

Beyond the speculative nature of the whole article, there is no way that site has any connection to real news sources.  To do so would make it a media outlet, and that means it would have to be Thai owned and operated.

But why would a Thai owned/operated news site be registered and hosted in the United States?

image.png.fd86f4173c80e9ac2221d79268a0bf59.png

Not sure what you are trying to show here, many/most businesses and individuals purchase a domain online and tucows is simply the registrar, not the registrant.

Similarly, hosting can be located almost anywhere, its an online purchase.

And  where does it indicate or even suggest that the site is thai-owned or operated? 

Finally, a full whois, which you do not provide here, shows the registrant has paid for domain privacy. So you have no idea what adress they have given.

Thaivisa.com is registered to an american registrar with a kowloon address and us ip address and nameservers.

Nationthailand.com is similarly a us registrar, godaddy and runs on us registered cloudflare nameservers and hosting.

Simply put, your sleuthing is pointless, because you have no idea what you are looking for. 

There are reasons to doubt the bangkok heralds credibility as an established news source, you just havent posted any of them here.

55 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Here’s a photo (℅ Richard Barrow) of the Suvarnabhumi departures board this morning. It’s in both Thai and English, the Thai script reads “cancelled”. I doubt this situation is going to change over the next two weeks. So it’s either extend amnesty or force many people which might include families with children into a situation in which they could be arrested and incarcerated if apprehended.  I, as I’m sure everyone here does, hope that the Thai government continue to look after its guests rather than put them in a position of being incarcerated in these exceptionally difficult times.

8C1C8316-40E5-46B3-AB7D-D4A29ED60B2B.jpeg

I can only see a couple of domestic planes flying yesterday.

Every single other one cancelled.

https://aot-portal.kdlab.dev/bkk

1 hour ago, trucking said:

Exactly. One of the given reasons for the current amnesty was concern at the large numbers of foreigners mobbing various immigration offices.  Those scenes will be repeated by leaving an announcement to the last minute. 

There is also the problem that in the last week of July two public holidays are made up and the immigration offices are closed. In the last week of July there are only 3 working days. The chaos is pre-programmed.

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

I doubt anyone who's lived here long term will care at all

Yep. I'd happily pack my bags tomorrow and go if I'm told to leave, genuinely could care less. Alas, it won't be happening though.  Fact is if you are either married or over 50 it's still easy very to stay here.

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

Here’s a photo (℅ Richard Barrow) of the Suvarnabhumi departures board this morning. It’s in both Thai and English, the Thai script reads “cancelled”. I doubt this situation is going to change over the next two weeks. So it’s either extend amnesty or force many people which might include families with children into a situation in which they could be arrested and incarcerated if apprehended.  I, as I’m sure everyone here does, hope that the Thai government continue to look after its guests rather than put them in a position of being incarcerated in these exceptionally difficult times.

8C1C8316-40E5-46B3-AB7D-D4A29ED60B2B.jpeg

Yes, I was at Suv on Sunday and there was only one flight leaving Thailand all afternoon.

So when you the wise yell 'but you can leave if you want, flights leaving never stopped' it isn't quite like that at all, hardly anything is leaving 4 months on from when the world ended. It's madness.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Yep. I'd happily pack my bags tomorrow and go if I'm told to leave, genuinely could care less. Alas, it won't be happening though.  Fact is if you are either married or over 50 it's still easy very to stay here.

Very easy? Not at all. Still need to risk and waste a 400K baht deposit while the THB crashes now. So many sheeps will be losing quite some money soon as they all deposited 400-800K in the past 2 years. I kept my back straight and keep my money instead.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1