Earthquake At Wiang Pa Pao

Thaising

Heard about it but why worry. You should be worried if there are no small earthquakes happening. It just shows that pressure is building up and when it is finally released, it will be a biggy.

So be reassured and feel happy for the small earthquakes.

Anyone feel the tremor at Amphur Wiang Pa Pao, according to Thai meteorological department the 4.5 richter scale earthquake was felt around five kilometer ratio around Wiang Pa Pao this afternoon, so far no report of damages or injury.

View Map at http://www.tmd.go.th/

You can't predict an earthquake and set a warning is not very smart... I lived in Chile which is the most active region in the world (Even more than Japan) and even the mediums were predicting a big earthquake in the central region since 7 years ago (Obviously no warning or predictions from the government since they know do something like that it's just alarming people without base)... still waiting for it :D

Normally an earthquake would occur every 10 years in the central part of Chile, the last one was on the 85'... cool here in Thailand are more andvanced than Japan and Chile then setting warnings :o

Anyway, let's expect nothing happens.

Normally an earthquake would occur every 10 years in the central part of Chile, ...

I assume you mean a major earthquake.

Even Thailand has 'regular' earthquakes more often than that.

Terry

Strange. I saw just today on TV (TV5) there was a (second) big earthquake in Chile today (maybe yesterday because of the time difference....). No casualties, but some persons missing near the seaside due to waves 6 m. high.

4.5 isn't that powerful.

"The Richter magnitudes are based on a logarithmic scale (base 10). What this means is that for each whole number you go up on the Richter scale, the amplitude of the ground motion recorded by a seismograph goes up ten times. Using this scale, a magnitude 5 earthquake would result in ten times the level of ground shaking as a magnitude 4 earthquake (and 32 times as much energy would be released). To give you an idea how these numbers can add up, think of it in terms of the energy released by explosives: a magnitude 1 seismic wave releases as much energy as blowing up 6 ounces of TNT. A magnitude 8 earthquake releases as much energy as detonating 6 million tons of TNT. Pretty impressive, huh? Fortunately, most of the earthquakes that occur each year are magnitude 2.5 or less, too small to be felt by most people"

There was a 4 richter earthquake reported on the midnight Thai news just before. I couldn't make out if it was Chiangmai or ChiangRai. Did anyone feel it.
I checked with the wife: she says she didn't feel a thing

A couple of hours ago, had a massive earthquake in the North of Chiang Mai.

My wife and all her family have disappeared. Now I have the inconveinience of finding another wife.

I predict that this quake will be followed by a great meteorite that will crush all the bars in Chiang Mai. Now no wife and no bar girls.

Dam these earthquakes.

This is really funny. I've heard of hurricane warnings, snow storm warnings, tornado warnings, but NEVER am earthquake warning.

Another priority (issuing earthquake warnings) rather than stopping the violence down south.