Medical tourism package will go ahead, but under strict control

webfact

18 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Completely confused. 

I was scheduled to have finger surgery on deviated bone, and contemplated it having it done in Thailand, as the UK had an 18 month waiting list for non emergency procedures of this kind ! 

However, when i contacted the Thai embassy in London, they said you can only qualify for this visa if you are unable to have any procedure done in your home country. 

Which begs the question, which medical need can you only have in Thailand but not in your home country? 

giphy.gif

Sun therapy, like for arthrosis. 

21 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Completely confused. 

I was scheduled to have finger surgery on deviated bone, and contemplated it having it done in Thailand, as the UK had an 18 month waiting list for non emergency procedures of this kind ! 

However, when i contacted the Thai embassy in London, they said you can only qualify for this visa if you are unable to have any procedure done in your home country. 

Which begs the question, which medical need can you only have in Thailand but not in your home country? 

giphy.gif

Plastic surgery most of the listed places dont do, sex change surgery, abortions, HRT, youd be surprised how much isnt possible in many places. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

If you come for medical reasons why do you need to travel anywhere apart from the airport and the place of treatment?

Just askin'

It's been proven that every visit to Gucci, Louis and Chanel improves healing rates by 30%. If you're from a conservative arab country then a stop over at Vic's Secrets has a +5% boost on top.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

It's been proven that every visit to Gucci, Louis and Chanel improves healing rates by 30%. If you're from a conservative arab country then a stop over at Vic's Secrets has a +5% boost on top.

A 5% top boost sounds ok or am I thing the wrong way?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I am still suspicious regarding the Sudanese girl who was found to have the virus, why else would a diplomat bring a little girl to Thailand ......???  

Because she's his daughter and his family lives here with him during his assignment, as with most diplomats?

21 hours ago, Berti said:

How should this be possible when only repatriation flights organized by the embassies are allowed to bring in passengers?

There have been some charters and special flights, but most of the so-called "repatriation flights" right now are just regular commercial flights that the embassy has decided to designate as such. I imagine they want to keep the number of flights low so that embassy personnel can be present to screen passengers for each one, but if numbers increase they'll eventually have to leave the screening to the airlines and let people use a greater variety of flight options.

3 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

You sure of this....??

It's what the press has consistently reported:

"On July 7 the Sudanese diplomat’s family took the 4 daughters to get tested at a hospital in Sudan before travelling to Thailand. The Test showed negative for Covid-19. Two days later the family travelled to Thailand on flight number MZ3277 which had 245 Thai people onboard."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/more-details-emerge-about-the-movements-of-the-sudanese-family

23 hours ago, webfact said:

According to an announcement on July 3, more than 1,700 medical tourists have registered for the programme.

1700 medical tourist will single-handedly rescue the devastation wrought by economy destroying dictates.  Yeah, best of luck that.

2 hours ago, connda said:

1700 medical tourist will single-handedly rescue the devastation wrought by economy destroying dictates.  Yeah, best of luck that.

They're just beginning. 

But I'm quite sure if a Western doctor or a health insurance recommends treatment in Thailand then they'll find a less buerocratic way to let medical tourists in. 

So if you're sick and in need of care or want a boob job or dick enlargement...COME ON IN!!! But if you have a visa with a valid 1 year extension, a long time Thai partner, a Thai Driver's License, a couple million in Thai bank, an apartment and a house, a motorcycle and a car...YOU CAN "EFF" OFF! :post-4641-1156693976:

12 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Completely confused. 

giphy.gif

If you live in Timbuktu you qualify.

One of the issues I see here is that Middle Eastern visitors who are allowed to travel after completing their mandatory quarantine period and treatment, may be treated badly after the incident in Rayong. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that Rayong businesses in particular won't be welcoming any Middle Eastern looking people for some time to come.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:11 PM, tribalfusion001 said:

They really are clueless, the middle eastern countries are full of covid-19, might as well invite everyone and have 14 day quarantine.

Think this is not what it seems to be  . It maybe trial run to see how they can handle reintroducing tourists.  Bummingrad hospital maybe pressuring some in power as they would be loosing big money. I heard from a relative that worked there that at the height of the pandemic that more than the c19 official death toll were going out the back door daily in body bags, what they died from is anybody’s guess