Plutaluang Royal Thai Navy Golf Course 

• 1 month later...

First time i played there was March last year (north-west) could not find my ball on the Fairway on at least 3 occasions,imo 1st cut and the fairway were one of the same (rough)....overall opinion it is (or was)scruffy. A useful caddy there is a must as layups need to be spot on imo near enough ain,t good enough. Played that combination once more but didn,t really like it. Then played South-East 3 times made the mistake of walking once (only once)never again,i did find that combination better but it is not near the top of my list to re-visit.....it is though above Kings Naga...played once and probably never again.

I,ll give you that it is cheap and a good challenge....but for a challenge that i can see and a course that looks good on the eye, (to me)then i,ll take Treasure Hill. 

21 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

First time i played there was March last year (north-west) could not find my ball on the Fairway on at least 3 occasions,imo 1st cut and the fairway were one of the same (rough)....overall opinion it is (or was)scruffy. A useful caddy there is a must as layups need to be spot on imo near enough ain,t good enough. Played that combination once more but didn,t really like it. Then played South-East 3 times made the mistake of walking once (only once)never again,i did find that combination better but it is not near the top of my list to re-visit.....it is though above Kings Naga...played once and probably never again.

I,ll give you that it is cheap and a good challenge....but for a challenge that i can see and a course that looks good on the eye, (to me)then i,ll take Treasure Hill. 

have you tried Emerald nearby which has new owners and currently I understand has a weekday all in package of THB1,150?

2 hours ago, Thaivisa Golf said:

have you tried Emerald nearby which has new owners and currently I understand has a weekday all in package of THB1,150?

Yes played Emerald about 4 times in the past month or so and @1050baht great value.....they have made some very good improvements.....a tidy course.:wink:

I see Burapha have gone back to the 2100baht Green Fee.....thank gawd i qualify for the over 60  promo......while it lasts.

• 2 months later...

500 Baht for 18 holes - Possibly the best golf deal in Thailand? 

plutaluang-royal-thai-navy-golf-course.jpg

We are always trying to pass on the current best rates available through our Golf Offers forum.

Yesterday, I was at Plutaluang Navy Course near Sattahip, and they have some new rates until the end of December, which are hard to beat.

Green Fee THB200 + Caddie Fee THB300 and Carts are optional during the week, and only THB500 at the weekend.

So THB500 for 18 holes walking is maybe the best deal in Thailand. And at THB1,000 all in for weekend golf is a bargain.

Anyone else know a better deal around?

2 hours ago, Thaivisa Golf said:

500 Baht for 18 holes - Possibly the best golf deal in Thailand? 

plutaluang-royal-thai-navy-golf-course.jpg

We are always trying to pass on the current best rates available through our Golf Offers forum.

Yesterday, I was at Plutaluang Navy Course near Sattahip, and they have some new rates until the end of December, which are hard to beat.

Green Fee THB200 + Caddie Fee THB300 and Carts are optional during the week, and only THB500 at the weekend.

So THB500 for 18 holes walking is maybe the best deal in Thailand. And at THB1,000 all in for weekend golf is a bargain.

Anyone else know a better deal around?

500 baht sounds good but it isn't that, include compulsory caddy tip and it's 800+,be honest with that rather than ignore it

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

500 baht sounds good but it isn't that, include compulsory caddy tip and it's 800+,be honest with that rather than ignore it

There is no "compulsory" caddy tip. Some will tip 300, some more some less. Why belittle what is an excellent offer in these times?

All the rates quoted on the offers/deals exclude this amount as it is up to the individual and you can compare the different costs of gf and caddy fee and cart if appropriate. Your seeming antipathy towards caddies should be well known by now to anybody on this forum and, since you don't even play courses anymore with caddies, don't you think it's about time you gave it a rest?

if you want to nit pick the article then the offer was/is available in October/November and i have already played twice at that price. 

7 hours ago, topt said:

There is no "compulsory" caddy tip. Some will tip 300, some more some less. Why belittle what is an excellent offer in these times?

All the rates quoted on the offers/deals exclude this amount as it is up to the individual and you can compare the different costs of gf and caddy fee and cart if appropriate. Your seeming antipathy towards caddies should be well known by now to anybody on this forum and, since you don't even play courses anymore with caddies, don't you think it's about time you gave it a rest?

if you want to nit pick the article then the offer was/is available in October/November and i have already played twice at that price. 

Everybody knows caddy tips are compulsory stop pretending otherwise and everyone knows its 300 up unless caddy is extremely rubbish, try talking to your fellow golfers to find out. 

So 200 baht green fee, 600 baht caddy, 3x the amount the golf course gets, crazy

Edited by scubascuba3
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Everybody knows caddy tips are compulsory stop pretending otherwise and everyone knows its 300 up unless caddy is extremely rubbish, try talking to your fellow golfers to find out. 

So 200 baht green fee, 600 baht caddy, 3x the amount the golf course gets, crazy

That last statement sounds a little like someone who has been reading Pub Economics 101 instead of Drucker.😐

The caddie does not get the full Caddy fee for herself.

There will be a number of reasons why the club has set the GF at 200thb. I would suggest one might be golfers see the 200 baht and think oh I’ll have a buggy then.

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

The caddie does not get the full Caddy fee for herself.

Usually the club takes 50 baht, not a big deal, still 550 baht vs 200 baht. From memory Plutaluang you don't need a cart unless unfit or struggle with walking

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You have completely missed my point.

Since everybody knows it then it doesn't need to be mentioned in an article about the deal you pay to the course which changes and about which people won't necessarily know.

"Crazy" - it's Thailand and you banging on and on about it isn't going to change it.