• 1 month later...

Played here yesterday. Course in good condition and greens were great - running fast and true.

550 baht gf vouchers available from the Pattaya Sports Club.

1 hour ago, topt said:

Played here yesterday. Course in good condition and greens were great - running fast and true.

550 baht gf vouchers available from the Pattaya Sports Club.

Good to know. Is it still okay to walk this course?

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good to know. Is it still okay to walk this course?

I have always walked. Can be a bit hard to walk (effort wise) especially if very wet.

2 hours ago, topt said:

I have always walked. Can be a bit hard to walk (effort wise) especially if very wet.

That,s good....being in the same neighborhood as Treasure Hill wondered if that too might sneak the Compulsory Cart.

5 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

That,s good....being in the same neighborhood as Treasure Hill wondered if that too might sneak the Compulsory Cart.

They had total bookings of just over 20 for Friday and seemed to be quite a few bodies working around the course. At that level I am concerned for their survivability (they already close Mondays) which would be a real shame as it has consistently been in good condition and has great practice facilities.

In that area Pattavia is still 600 baht, Pattana 700 (after 11.30 I think) and you can walk both. Pattana flirted with compulsory carts In January but quickly abandoned that idea.

28 minutes ago, topt said:

They had total bookings of just over 20 for Friday and seemed to be quite a few bodies working around the course. At that level I am concerned for their survivability (they already close Mondays) which would be a real shame as it has consistently been in good condition and has great practice facilities.

In that area Pattavia is still 600 baht, Pattana 700 (after 11.30 I think) and you can walk both. Pattana flirted with compulsory carts In January but quickly abandoned that idea.

Never played Pattana....how would you rate it to say Greenwood and Pattavia??

Course standard and facilities definitely a step up although treating Covid more seriously than most so no AC in the changing rooms but usually have some big stand fans.

3 x 9s but try not to start on B which is directly in front of the club house with water both sides and then water before a very elevated green.....personally I prefer A+B and C has been closed recently.  Fairly generous fairways with bigger greens than Greenwood and greens not as inclined as Pattavia but still have a fair amount of slope change on many.

Too long for me now off whites especially if soft (like now) - from memory 6,400 off yellow and 6.8/9 off white. Rough can be brutal.

700 is a very good price normally for here. Although caddy fee now 400 since xmas or possibly before.

Playing there next Wednesday.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, topt said:

Course standard and facilities definitely a step up although treating Covid more seriously than most so no AC in the changing rooms but usually have some big stand fans.

3 x 9s but try not to start on B which is directly in front of the club house with water both sides and then water before a very elevated green.....personally I prefer A+B and C has been closed recently.  Fairly generous fairways with bigger greens than Greenwood and greens not as inclined as Pattavia but still have a fair amount of slope change on many.

Too long for me now off whites especially if soft (like now) - from memory 6,400 off yellow and 6.8/9 off white. Rough can be brutal.

700 is a very good price normally for here. Although caddy fee now 400 since xmas or possibly before.

Playing there next Wednesday.

Thanks a lot.....very informative.

On 8/23/2020 at 12:42 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Thanks a lot.....very informative.

Just an update as played at Pattana yesterday - greens were disappointing, slow and a bit bumpy in places. Everything else good and hardly any other players.

Khao kheow greens on Monday were very fast. 

Greenwood greens (back on topic :smile:) on Friday were very good. Whole course was in vgc. 

• Like 1
On 8/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, kku17 said:

Can you rent clubs? If so, what is the price for 9 and 18?

Most courses will rent clubs but they are not cheap - 1000 baht and up. Not sure if the courses will even let you play 9 (or only charge you for 9) unless you go somewhere like Phoenix and play their twilight offer (mentioned I think in the specific thread).

Best would be to go with a golf group who normally have clubs for hire or hire separately from Thaiger Line (if in Pattaya) where for either option should not cost you more than 500 baht.

If you only want 9 holes then maybe the Par 3 course at Asia Hotel or one of the marine/navy courses down towards Sattahip.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:42 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Never played Pattana....how would you rate it to say Greenwood and Pattavia??

Pattana in my opinion is in better condition than say Greenwood or Pattavia ...and their club house is very good with excellent buffet and changing rooms too. However all three are fun to play.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:18 PM, Thaivisa Golf said:

Pattana in my opinion is in better condition than say Greenwood or Pattavia ...and their club house is very good with excellent buffet and changing rooms too. However all three are fun to play.

Just seen this comment and wondering if you had actually played all 3 course other than just "viewed" them?

At the time of my earlier comments greens at Pattana were disappointing and that was confirmed to me by another group 10/14 days ago so looking like little change.

Has Pattana switched on AC in the changing rooms yet? They may have an excellent buffet but few golfers I know avail themselves other than a quick drink due to pricing.