BANGKOK
black tabby

Defense against mean dogs

Get a Stun Gun problem Solved they scatter at the Noise , I was surrounded by 6 mongrels a lil zap noise disappeared 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best defense ?

A brain !

walking everywhere in this country full of soi dogs and never felt threatened ! What's wrong with you guys ?! Do you just know nothing like most Thai !?

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 2:04 PM, Eindhoven said:

Utter rubbish. 

Don't project your bizarre fears on to innocent animals. I come into contact with dogs every single day. 

None of them conform to your view. Not even one. Some are definitely more cautious, but get to know them and you'll see a completely different side of life.

I don't mean domesticated dogs, who have adapted to life with their owner, but dogs born outside and who live outside.

I actually think domesticated dogs are more dangerous than the outside dogs.

You are so right !

It's weird that someone who seem to be able to think as you do, doesn't want to give the AIS unlimited promotion codes in another thread !

🙂

On 7/16/2020 at 7:40 PM, sirocco said:

hello,

very true, for vinegar, which I also use for dogs and cats that revolve around my planters.
As for the pepper mixed in the bottle, it sometimes clogs the nozzle.
So I directly suspect it.
Otherwise, the umbrella that is suddenly opened is very effective.

Thanks for your comment.

Powder stuff like pepper and chili, sometimes clog the nozzle as you point out.

For the smooth feed of the rounds,  vinegar is always the best since it is 100% liquid.

I  also used to use an umbrella for my defense against dog attacks.  In my experience, it could only deter them for a moment when I open up.  Seconds later, they close in again and resume their aggression. And they never run away. Swinging  it  around like a baton did not work well either.

That is why  I have come to the idea of Mean Dog Buster Spray 3 years ago.  It is even more effective than a firecracker bang. 

And the best thing about this MDBS is its quietness; it will not disturb people around myself and the nasty dogs. It can be used at any time.  Day or night. It will never needlessly wake up early risers already in bed for tomorrow's work.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

Best defense ?

A brain !

walking everywhere in this country full of soi dogs and never felt threatened ! What's wrong with you guys ?! Do you just know nothing like most Thai !?

Your the de man, the dog whisperer of Thailand who knows more then every Thai person in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Over the course of 2 years i now can flip a coin in the air, with the same hand grap my vinegar gun, hit the coin in mid air, holster it back, and catch the wet coin.

It took some practise, but all dogs now show appropriate respect when i walk up and down my soi at dawn.

next step, try to tame women !

you are improving, it's good !

2 hours ago, LarryLEB said:

Orton Rd posted (post number #7): "Dogs are nasty, deceptive, and dangerous animals."

In reply to that, Eindhoven (post #10) posted:  "Utter rubbish.  Don't project your bizarre fears on to innocent animals. I come into contact with dogs every single day.  None of them conform to your view. Not even one." (my bolding)  He condemns Orton for projecting.  How?  By making a statement which is also projection! This is hypocritical. 

The bolded three words in Eindhoven's quote above are laughable at best, but more accurately could be termed imbecilic.

Furthermore, why does he use the word bizarre?  I hope Eindhoven looks very closely at the photo in post #16.  Is it bizarre that some people have realistic fears when you see something like the damage done to that young boy?  

Keep thinking imbecilic also, let's see if situation change !

I think just like Eindhoven and 20 years in Thailand never bitten, so who is wrong ?!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, rwill said:

In my experience the street dogs back off if you walk towards them.

This is the only truth !

Only weak old men keep whining when the problem is just them !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, geoff65 said:

Your the de man, the dog whisperer of Thailand who knows more then every Thai person in Thailand.

Knowing more than them and old grumpy foreigners is not very difficult for someone not totally insane !

flip flops aint no good for kicking, but with proper shoes you can just front kick their teeth in

Man, really? Pretend like you have a stick in your hand and you are going to whack him. That is all you will ever need. But you gotta mean it you can't be doin no half ass cock backs.. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Get a Stun Gun problem Solved they scatter at the Noise , I was surrounded by 6 mongrels a lil zap noise disappeared 

Hello, 

Stun Gun  certainly works well.  Its electric noise and white sparks  scare them away instantly.

I have also thought about getting it once. However,  I have also   learned that carrying a Stun Gun in public might be subject to confiscation and fine in Thailand. If  cops spot  you carrying it.  That is why I have adopted MDBS instead.  Thank your your comment anyway.

9 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

This is the only truth !

Only weak old men keep whining when the problem is just them !

Practice your way by yourself.

Not much point to force your belief to others.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to push back mean dogs with empty hands.

• Haha 1

I use this for many years, and mention this more than once on TV.

Only I concentrated this by boiling for 50%.

Yet there are still dogs who don't care about this.

Fell from my bike twice because of dogs.

• Haha 1