Greta Thunberg demands 'crisis' response to climate change

snoop1130

On 7/17/2020 at 7:32 AM, Pilotman said:

agreed and instead of that, we are using science (IVF) to give children to couples who should not have children.  We interfere with the natural order and balance at our peril.   

It's almost like if we ignore over population one day there will be a terrible virus that tries to cull the herd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's almost like if we ignore over population one day there will be a terrible virus that tries to cull the herd.

Nature will always eventually restore the natural balance in the Universe, when something or someone comes along and fxxks it up.  Watch this space.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 3:36 PM, BritManToo said:

Would point out Corona and it's knock on effects aren't over yet, the economic fallout has barely begun.

Can easily see it destroying welfare and 'fake' female employment ..... then western women will be back to banging men in return for food and shelter PDQ.

Our civilisation is fairly fragile, without welfare, there can be no female empowerment.

You should watch "The Handmaid's Tale" series. I only watched first 3 episodes so far, and don't know how it ends up, but if you do you might get something out of it that wasn't intended by the producers.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, Pilotman said:

agreed and instead of that, we are using science (IVF) to give children to couples who should not have children.  We interfere with the natural order and balance at our peril.   

While it may be hard hearted to say so, the people most at risk of dying from Corona are probably only alive because of modern medicine. Not for science, most would have died long ago. A few centuries ago, most of us on here would have died at around 40 years old. Didn't need pensions then because we didn't live long enough. Even when modern pensions started at 65, few lived long enough to enjoy them much. Our expanded lifetimes are, IMO, an abnormality in nature, and due entirely, IMO, ( for most ) to science.

Now, the greatest danger, IMO, to human existence is, IMO, our desire to breed more than the world can sustain. Greta should be telling her flock followers to stop breeding if they really want to make a difference.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 6:10 PM, katatonic said:

Not half as annoying as the idiots that deny it's a crisis, unfortunately. I've had many conversations with people, often very wealthy and therefore influential, who categorically deny it in the face of obviously overwhelming evidence, whilst not having (or wanting to have, as it affects their profits) a clue about the mechanisms involved. Nobody else but a 17 year old girl seems to have the drive, whilst Marxist anarchists are taking the limelight during a health crisis to whinge about events in the distant past, ignoring huge injustices the world over. The main thing we need to worry about is making the planet one big desert, which could well happen before the end of the century. Oh, and China, which is the main culprit in the former danger too. And the current one, while we're at it..

Doesn't make any difference whether one believes in man made climate change or not, when we are breeding ourselves into extinction.

Environmental destruction proceeds apace to feed and clothe everyone, and even worse destruction to provide all the toys we love to own.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, Pilotman said:

This kid is really getting on my nerves. Nobody likes a wailing banshee at their throats at every turn, especially one so newly out of the crib, She may be right, but she is also annoying.  

Oh you are a bore! Rarely reply to numpties in my ignore bank but yes you are right; however new, young, insignificant etc she is, she's bang on point and more the power to her. C19 is nothing yet.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

You'd better stick me on there too as she is nothing more than a Soros funded puppet & I can't believe grown men are fawning over her or have fallen for it.

As I said earlier she's a 21st century Joe 90.

The believers just never stop to think how unlikely it is that she wrote a letter to the UN and they wrote backs saying, 'why yes, child, come and address us'. Same with Davos and all the media covering her. I mean <deleted>, are you really that naive and gullible that you think this is all as presented?

Edited by mokwit
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

the reason "we,re"breeding ourselves into extinction is third world countries where parents knock out as many sprogs as they can and hope enough of them survive to look after them in their old age,you then get the west where parents only have 2 children on average because thats all they can afford to bring up.

Correct.

https://populationmatters.org/

pop%20growth%20conti%20sq%20no%20logo-14

• Like 1

So she is learning the way of the world already..... do as I say, not as I do. 

Let’s just list here .... 

• she uses the internet as her tool, but all the plastic and metal that is produced in China for the phones these kids use, she yet to go to china
  • she is now a business..... making money off this, maybe needs full disclosure on all her posts

but as this is a kid support base, ..... just what is next years fad? Just like toys and music, MySpace and finger spinners.

Typically, fads last for a total of one season, but they can also last less than a month. Fads are novelty driven fashion choices. A fad is often referred to as “catching on” with the larger population, but will often fade as quickly as it appeared.

2 hours ago, Advocatus Diaboli said:

So she is learning the way of the world already..... do as I say, not as I do. 

Let’s just list here .... 

• she uses the internet as her tool, but all the plastic and metal that is produced in China for the phones these kids use, she yet to go to china
  • she is now a business..... making money off this, maybe needs full disclosure on all her posts

but as this is a kid support base, ..... just what is next years fad? Just like toys and music, MySpace and finger spinners.

Typically, fads last for a total of one season, but they can also last less than a month. Fads are novelty driven fashion choices. A fad is often referred to as “catching on” with the larger population, but will often fade as quickly as it appeared.

Finger spinners ????

Nipple spinners were a fad but they are still going in some places. Contra-rotating is an art form.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2020 at 8:44 AM, Sujo said:

An awful lot of posters spewing bile at someone they say they dont care about.

Usually the old guys who prefer to not have their ideas questioned by science.

Greta Thunberg to donate one-million-euro humanitarian prize https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-53477604

I’m sure they will still find a reason to moan about this. 

Edited by Kadilo