Greta Thunberg demands 'crisis' response to climate change

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

How is that for an acute diversion from needing an economic overhaul to meet green targets to knowing who finance her activism expenditures. Next will be the usual endless conspiracy theories on Gates and Soros. 

Go at it like a detective. Who does she religiously not attack? The one making all the CO2 who under reports to the world.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Go at it like a detective. Who does she religiously not attack? The one making all the CO2 who under reports to the world.

It could just be that Its not Chinese election results her handlers are trying to influence.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

This kid is really getting on my nerves. Nobody likes a wailing banshee at their throats at every turn, especially one so newly out of the crib, She may be right, but she is also annoying.  

Hey, she's demanding, well right then, let's all jump to it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pilotman said:

This kid is really getting on my nerves. Nobody likes a wailing banshee at their throats at every turn, especially one so newly out of the crib, She may be right, but she is also annoying.  

Not half as annoying as the idiots that deny it's a crisis, unfortunately. I've had many conversations with people, often very wealthy and therefore influential, who categorically deny it in the face of obviously overwhelming evidence, whilst not having (or wanting to have, as it affects their profits) a clue about the mechanisms involved. Nobody else but a 17 year old girl seems to have the drive, whilst Marxist anarchists are taking the limelight during a health crisis to whinge about events in the distant past, ignoring huge injustices the world over. The main thing we need to worry about is making the planet one big desert, which could well happen before the end of the century. Oh, and China, which is the main culprit in the former danger too. And the current one, while we're at it..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, katatonic said:

Not half as annoying as the idiots that deny it's a crisis, unfortunately. I've had many conversations with people, often very wealthy and therefore influential, who categorically deny it in the face of obviously overwhelming evidence, whilst not having (or wanting to have, as it affects their profits) a clue about the mechanisms involved. Nobody else but a 17 year old girl seems to have the drive, whilst Marxist anarchists are taking the limelight during a health crisis to whinge about events in the distant past, ignoring huge injustices the world over. The main thing we need to worry about is making the planet one big desert, which could well happen before the end of the century. Oh, and China, which is the main culprit in the former danger too. And the current one, while we're at it..

First time?

19 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

This will bring out the reactionary ignorant dinosaurs ...

19 hours ago, Tug said:

I totally agree with you she certainly is a sanctimonious little gal but imo right in many ways we certainly do need to evolve in a responsible way towards renewables ahh the passion of youth unencumbered by experience lol 

Little Greta is wearing synthetics ...

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

True!  But I am sure they are recycled !

If they were, they would have probably been supplied by "green" manufacturers. And, part of her contract would require that the logos would be prominently visible! 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

In marketing terms, the messenger is as important as the message.  If the audience don't like the messenger, they will either not hear the message, or dismiss it.  That's what is happening here.  The kid is annoying, precocious and irritating and it's blanking the message, however worthy it may be.  

I think the essence of your criticism is that she's young: how many 'kids' wouldn't be annoying and precocious in the circumstances? Jesus annoyed a few people too in his short life. There isn't much we can do on that score except wait and hopefully in the meantime we can act on the message.

Edited by katatonic
duplicated word
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Do you actually read anything about the world's climate crisis.. or do you just live in denial? 

Relative to the time earth has existed my expected life duration would be a mere 2 seconds. And I have 1 / 8 billionth of a say in matters. I personally am quite honoured, proud and thankful I am here, but I don’t concern myself with negative thoughts and actions . And I certainly don’t believe I’m superior to others I share the planet with and spend my life preaching that others are wrong for living their lives as they please ( within reasonable limits obviously).

I’ve had a few crises in my life , personal ones that mean I have become immune to other ( scientists / professional/ journalists/ politicians etc etc) ‘end of the world’ predictions.

22 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I think kids should be kids.  I don't mind her being young, I do object to being lectured by someone hardly out of the egg, who knows nothing of life, or of the challenges that the World faces in all areas, not just climate change.  She is clearly spouting the prepared words of others and what future is there for a child pushed along as she is being.  She is  a fad and like all fads she will fade away, even if the problem does not and she will be left all the worse for it.  Her parents are abrogating their responsibilities as protectors of this child. They should be ashamed and embarrassed, not proud and arrogant. 

She's a modern day Joe 90.

• Like 1