Visa Extension - Opening a new bank account

With everthing that is going on i've decided to go with a 1 year extension based on marriage and looking to open a Bangkok Bank account to put the required funds into, I don't have a work permit so my question is which branches have you have success with when opening a new account without an work permit?

Edited by ozzy111

I opened up my account with SCB many years ago, a work permit wasn't a requirement.

I make sure that I have the required 400,000 baht in the account at least 3 months prior to extending each year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozzy111 said:

With everthing that is going on i've decided to go with a 1 year extension based on marriage and looking to open a Bangkok Bank account to put the required funds into, I don't have a work permit so my question is which branches have you have success with when opening a new account without an work permit?

Maybe if you indicate in what city you are it should help

i have been quite dispointed from my experiences in Pattaya with SCB and Bangkok Bank

on the other hand i have always been happy with Kasikorn, so i am and stay with them now

no work permit required afaik with Kasikorn. A valid visa and a certificate of residence is enough to open an account

Edited by kingofthemountain

If you are in Chiang Mai , go to Kad Suan Kaew branch of Bangkok Bank in Chiang Mai.

Tell the branch manager that you are opening for a marriage visa. They have many foreigners opening accounts there.

Edited by EricTh