Can I work online in Thailand with an elite Visa?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of teaching English online and living in Thailand using an Elite Visa.  Is this allowed? 

I know I can't work for a Thai Employer in Thailand on an elite visa but what if my employer is a Chinese company for example.  I did a quick search on this forum, couldn't find anything with this particular scenario.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dimitriv said:

Almost all foreigners I know work online without work permit, and do so without problems. 

Nobody can see what you are doing on your laptop. So as long as you keep your mouth shut you will not have problems.

Yes, don't talk about. Gossip, jealousy or misplaced enthusiasm can bring you down. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

It is never technically legal. If your employer is overseas, and all of your students likewise, it is tolerated. Do not worry. If either your employer or any of your students are here in Thailand, you will probably be prosecuted if caught.

49 minutes ago, Isaan Alan said:

Yes, don't talk about. Gossip, jealousy or misplaced enthusiasm can bring you down. Keep it secret, keep it safe.

In other words , tell your matey farangs , Nought ..

The enemy , within ...

Edited by elliss

I suspect the OP is asking if an elite visa might somehow offer more 'protection' than than more conventional means of staying here.

Clearly the answer is “no” unless you want to play an awful lot of golf.

Teaching English would also need to be more lucrative as the elite visa is a very expensive option.

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised
  • Like 1

Hey 

To confirm all the above and make it simple: work permit and Elite visa are mutually exclusive.

The more appropriate question would be: do you need a work permit when working online ?

And then you do the math