SIM card

AlfHuy

Good evening,

A friend of mine has had her phone for many years. 

She has all her photos and other data on her phone.

She recently bought a new phone and a new SIM card from AIS.

She now wanted to recover photos from her SIM card but doesn't remember the password.

Her old phone doesn't switch on anymore. She tried to charge it, change the battery. Dead.

She asked me for some help is there is any chance to access her old SIM card. Her old number is not more available and I don't know

if data was on her SIM card or just on her old phone.

Any chance to access her old sim?

Thanks

• Thanks 1

I don't think that the photos were stored on the SIM card but on the internal memory of the phone. Since this cannot be accessed anymore learn about backup important data. 

Her photos are probably not on the sim card but in the phone's internal memory. If she cannot turn on the phone, I guess the only way to recover the photos is to pay someone to open the phone and access the internal memory from another device.  I don't know if that is possible with all phones models.

does your friend know what sort of bits are inside that phone?  does she maybe have a sim card and a separate memory card?

sounds like she didn't try the sim card in another phone to see what data might be stored on it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I just asked her.

What she basically wants now, is to recover contacts she had on her old SIM card.

She bought a while ago a new phone and new SIM card.

She put her old sim in her phone just to see if she can recover her old contacts but nothing. It is requesting a pin or other code.

In regards of her Android phone, it was an old one. She can't remember her old emails password as she was always logged in, when she accessed her email.

Basically all she wants now, is to recover her old contacts from the sim.

I don't know if this is possible without knowing a Puk or whatever.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

It's very unlikely she'll find any contact info stored on the SIM Card (besides the default provided by the Wireless Carrier). All the data she's looking for would be stored in the phone's internal memory.

She might be able to take the phone to a local repair shop to see if they power it up and get it to boot and access the data.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 4:10 AM, AlfHuy said:

Thanks a lot for your help.

I just asked her.

What she basically wants now, is to recover contacts she had on her old SIM card.

She bought a while ago a new phone and new SIM card.

She put her old sim in her phone just to see if she can recover her old contacts but nothing. It is requesting a pin or other code.

In regards of her Android phone, it was an old one. She can't remember her old emails password as she was always logged in, when she accessed her email.

I don't know if this is possible without knowing a Puk or whatever.

Cheers

If her old SIM is still alive the network should be able to sort that for her.