UK-born Islamic State recruit can return from Syria to challenge citizenship removal

webfact

2 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Because unlike some i am a proud British subject and yes i live here ,but i abide by Thai law ,i have integrated and i ask nothing of the Thai govt or its people ,but actually contribute to the economy .

is that ok? or am i confusing you?

Precisely, you are here, she will be there (very likely for the rest of her life), you are not stuck with her.

Nothing at all confusing about that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, vogie said:

On the upside, if there is evidence of this woman having committed terrorism related crimes she can be arrested, charged and tried in an open court of law.

And there is speculation that she will get 6 years (if found guilty????) and out after 3 years, not justice in many peoples eyes. But it doesn't finish there, she will be deemed unemployable because of her actions and be kept in a life of luxury and probably be afforded 24hr protection. If she is successfull in her appeal it will open the floodgates to many more Brit haters back into our country, estimated at 150ish. Let the punishment fit the crime and don't reward these people for their treacherous actions (allegedly).

None of which is an argument against Government being held accountable to the law.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Libai said:

Miss Begum served in ISIL's 'Morality Police', recruited other young women to join the jihadist group.  She carried a 'Kalashnikov rifle' and earned a reputation as a strict enforcer of ISIL's laws, such as dress codes for women. Additionally, an anti-ISIL activist told that there are separate allegations of 'Begum' stitching suicide bombers into explosive vests so they could not be removed without detonating. What a lovely person?

She was doing a job that British people don't want to do. What more do you want? 

• Haha 1

As far as I know, she was an impressionable normal young teenager who was unfortunately brainwashed and radicalized and then to Syria to become a bride, not a fighter. She’s lost a couple of kids in refugee camps. Lass needs repatriation and de radicalizing, she needs to live a normal life again, get away from the Sharia nonsense,  that would send a powerful message to Islamic extremists. She, as a teenager made a mistake, it’s up to the British public to be big and forgive. 

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

A personal attack and a reply has been removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members,

36 minutes ago, vogie said:

The flaw I see in this comment is that there will be a good chance the good old British tax payer will be paying for this legal extravaganza, yes the very people she would liked to have seen dead and possibly would still like to see dead. Something wrong here somewhere IMO anyway.

nemo38 suggested that these lawyers would be paid for by 'grudge groups' rather than the taxpayer. I don't know that the government is going to throw huge sums of money at top lawyers to help her.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

What "powerful message" would it send, we can kill westerners and Brits and still be allowed back into the country to claim our benefits?

She was just a bride, washer-up and baby factory.... had she have been producing IEDs I’d be taking a different stance, believe me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, vogie said:

This may be what Begum herself has told the world but independant witnesses have seen her strapping bombs to other members of suicide bombers.

She was just a bride, washer-up and baby factory.

And Hitler was just a landscape artist.

Hitler has arrived already, as we knew he would.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, nemo38 said:

<snip>

I don't subscribe to the idea that we have to continue to follow a set of rules (laws) that have been subverted and are being used to destroy us.

If that is the case, change the laws.

• Like 1