Looking For Inexpensive Apartment Near Bts/mrt

I travdel to BKK 6-8 times per year for work, and find myself tiring of hotels. I was thinking of getting an inexpensive studio apartment near to public transportation. I do not need a serviced apartment, and I am willing to furnish a place. My only requirements are that it is near the BTS or MRT, has aircon, and has a western-style bathroom (hot water, no squat toilet).

Most of the apartment finding websites seem to focus on more expensive apartments. Are places like I am describing avaialable, or am I being unrealistic. Also, how best would I find such a place. BTW, I do know a couple of thai's that could assist me, if needed.

Thanks all

if you are willing to live in some place the size of a hotel room like a studio, then, you should have no problem finding places for 5k baht a month. they are all over the city. all you need to do is stop at some BTS or Underground stop and walk around.

some areas with hundreds of places in that price range include prakanong (sukhumvit soi 71), ratchadapisek ( the whole length of the underground), and victory monument area (soi rangnam).

you say you have thai friends who can help you out???? ..and they don't know where all the budget places are???? (I say, some really good friends you have there.)

if you are willing to live in some place the size of a hotel room like a studio, then, you should have no problem finding places for 5k baht a month. they are all over the city. all you need to do is stop at some BTS or Underground stop and walk around.

some areas with hundreds of places in that price range include prakanong (sukhumvit soi 71), ratchadapisek ( the whole length of the underground), and victory monument area (soi rangnam).

you say you have thai friends who can help you out???? ..and they don't know where all the budget places are???? (I say, some really good friends you have there.)

Wow nick2k ... thanks for all of your "help"

Time to crawl back under your rock now, pal

hmmm... was just thinking about your response. guess you got upset by my remark about your friends. right? sorry if you took it as an insult. ...but it's true. if your thai friends can't recommend any places to you, then, you really need to think about it. all my thai friends know where all the newest and cheapest places are. they live here, you know.

hmmm... was just thinking about your response. guess you got upset by my remark about your friends. right? sorry if you took it as an insult. ...but it's true. if your thai friends can't recommend any places to you, then, you really need to think about it. all my thai friends know where all the newest and cheapest places are. they live here, you know.

nick2n

Next time you feel the need to make a snarky comment in response to a post, please feel free to actually read the original post.

If you did actually bother to read my original post, you would note that the word "friend" is conspicuously absent. Instead, I wrote that I "do know a couple of thai's that could assist me, if needed" These would be ACQUAINTANCES, and not people that I would feel comfortable imposing upon for an all day apartment search.

NOW, please feel free to crawl back under you rock ....

Edited by BasketCase

My apartment has gone but will be available again in a couple of months. You could try around Huay Kwang MRT. Plenty of condos with security, bath, hot shower, air, cable, furnished, clean, in your price range.

Hope this helps.

Eddy