Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 congestion

Just a shadow of the writing on the wall from there view.  Either the slow trot before the storm surge or someone's putting there own spin on something they have heard to ensure no mass pandemonium as people line up for the 90 day report.  I have been doing mine on-line and will do it again next Friday as I have a due date of August 4th from my last 90 day done on-line.  Gf went to Lat Prao Immigration for hers and was looked at strangely but given until October 6th on her 90 day report, as she tried on-line but for a month it just sat there pending as she is on a Non-LA visa extension because she is from Myanmar.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Why don't they source it out to be done like many other government works is done theses days? or that they jealously guarding their rights to monopolise this lucrative money making entreprise too much to let outsiders a peace of the cake?...

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on "retirement" visa till Dec. "Non O". My reporting date should have been June 8 and I ignored it so I suppose I fit into #2 in the first cartoon. Is the information in the article really an official state notice, or for a certain region, or what? I don't want to go in person, and to authorize another person I have to let my passport out of my hands for a few days, right? Is there anywhere to find out for sure what they want and expect?

I have a friend who ignored all his 90 days reports in the year before his Non O renewal in March, and the issue was never raised nor was he fined when he successfully renewed in March. So is the worst just a 1900 fine, if they even bother?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Extended stay for foreigners until end July formally endorsed

Cool. But the cartoon in the OP seems to contradict this cartoon.

The new cartoon seems to intimate that anyone who didn't make a report during "relief", needs to file one sometime/soon/whenever?

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, keith101 said:

There still seems to be no clarification for those who needed to exit and re enter for their 90 days .

As far as I know no one needs to exit. It is just a 90 day report. Not a visa extension.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

This thread is about the 90-day address reporting requirement for those on long-stay permissions to stay.

it is about possible upcoming congestion at Immigration offices and therefore involves everyone that will find themselves needing to go there in the next few weeks, which is why they have made this announcement 

I have heard that those here who are covered under the 31st July amnesty will be given until the 7th Aug to leave and if they haven't left will need to visit immigration after the 31st and will only be granted 7 days extension 

I need to visit immigration around that time so this affects me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, greggraham said:

Extended stay for foreigners until end July formally endorsed

You are right, but it seems likely that it won't be extended.

Can you imagine all those who didn't renew turning up on August 1 to renew?

I'm glad i did mine online.

• Like 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

They have changed their tune, as we suspected that they would, foreseeing the congestion that is inevitable when the amnesty is lifted.  It justifies the actions of many of us who continued to report on our due date, despite being told that it was not necessary.  Necessary and sensible are sometimes different things. 

But I'm still wondering what's the worst that can happen? A $60 or $100 fine doesn't bother me at all. Why can't I wait till the next one rolls round from my missed June 8 and do it then and just pay the fine if they ask for it? 

I've been here for years and because I would almost always take the occasion to travel somewhere interesting before the 90 days hit, I only did one such report in all that time, by mail.

However, I live in the Trendy building now so I guess if I wanted to let go of my passport for a few days there are plenty of reputable services downstairs I could authorize for me. There is also that well known one on soi 24 I believe.

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Wrong. Think again.

No. If your 90-day report is late, better hurry along and get er' done.

Because this isn't about "those who needed to exit and re enter for their 90 days".

For most people (the silent majority) it does. For those facing challenges doing it online, you simply go to the Immigration office in person.

The app does NOT work at the moment. All links to it on the immigration site have been removed. They admit themselves there is something wrong right now.

The website reporting works fine.

19 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Please tell me how ,tried many times but no joy .as i only live 10 minutes away from Jomtien office its quicker to drive there do 90 day and come home . than waste time trying it online .

Attached a 90-day Report website Troubleshooting Guide.

90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Huh? Care to elaborate? Pretty sure 90-day reporting was "relieved" until 31 July. See cartoon above.

still didn't stop you doing one

Anyone that does them in person and let it slip during the amnesty should think about doing it now, I have a feeling Immigration offices are about to get very busy

4 minutes ago, Enzian said:

But I'm still wondering what's the worst that can happen? A $60 or $100 fine doesn't bother me at all. Why can't I wait till the next one rolls round from my missed June 8 and do it then and just pay the fine if they ask for it? 

I've been here for years and because I would almost always take the occasion to travel somewhere interesting before the 90 days hit, I only did one such report in all that time, by mail.

However, I live in the Trendy building now so I guess if I wanted to let go of my passport for a few days there are plenty of reputable services downstairs I could authorize for me. There is also that well known one on soi 24 I believe.

If you actually have to go to Immigration, a 90 days report normally takes less than 15 minutes. at least it does in Jomtien IO?  

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

If you actually have to go to Immigration, a 90 days report normally takes less than 15 minutes. at least it does in Jomtien IO?  

But Chaeng Wattana is an hour drive from me here in Bangkok. But thanks.

• Like 1

My last two reports I did on-line both were accepted got the pending sruff and waited and waited for the approval. Gave up and went in person both times. Last time The IO told me they will only accept in person 90 day reports. Have a feeling my IO isn't the only one.

• Like 1