disable select ads in newsletter?

fdsa

Is there any way to disable ads in the newsletter? At least some of them.

E.g. I do not purchase girls online (thaifriendly ad) and never will, and do not plan to buy any property in Thailand ("PROPERTY OF THE DAY" and "HOT PROPERTY DEALS". especially obvious scam like that last ad "autonomous cyber bunker on Samui just 55 M THB will finish construction in 2077" LOL) - this property&dating stuff takes way too much space in the letter.

But I'm totally OK with the ad line below the "TOP STORIES", as they are somewhat personalized and in theory may have something interesting.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

When I subscribe to a newsletter from somebody I am not subscribing to ads. If a newsletter then contains ads and and if my annoyance about the ads exceeds my perceived benefits from the newsletter, I unsubscribe from the newsletter.

• Like 1

There are apps that will assist you in getting rid of those annoying Ads. I can't mention them here, because TV will delete or Block my post. It is a big Plus, to have such an app.

Nip it in the Bud

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Shot said:

There are apps that will assist you in getting rid of those annoying Ads. I can't mention them here, because TV will delete or Block my post. It is a big Plus, to have such an app.

Nip it in the Bud

An "app" will not help as ads are embedded in the body of the email letter, and they do not have distinctive IDs to filter them with an ad blocker.

Well, I'll write more complex rules for an ad blocker.

ad.png

to Thaivisa forum

since a few days I am getting this annoying video on top of every page/topic. I have not been able to stop it.

it is very disturbing since I am using my computer in public and the sound is very disturbing.

please advise how to get rid of this ad. without paying for an ad blocker. I am considering unsubscribing from Thai Visa forum.

thanks

thaisabai 

Its getting to the point of ridiculous the amount of ads in the newsletter now.  What really annoys me is the first 6 or so supposed news items are actually ads but they wont signpost them as ads like they sometimes do with others.....somewhat deceitful I feel.

And dont ever open the ones at the top by adchoice, they re obviously aimed at the mentally retarded.  I made the mistake of checking out the oh so simple cure for tinnitus.....what a laugh!!  Never open them even though they are taking the world by storm lol!

The funny part with "adchoices" is there is no actual choice of ads - you can not opt-out from some ads nor even report abusive/malicious ads! there is simply no abuse contact on their website, I suppose "adchoices" are run by russian hackers.