Is Nitrous Oxide safe in Whipped Cream?

talkman

Nitrous is the propellant that "whips" the cream, it's used in the cans of whipped cream as well as creamers.

Whilst it is a narcotic type gas (it's used as a safe painkiller during childbirth) the amount used in a creamer is so tiny that there's pretty well zero risk unless you intend huffing vast quantities of whipped cream.

• 3 weeks later...

I worked in a Denny's style restaurant in the late 70's washing dishes and  making salads. One day I found one of the bus boys passed out in the salad bin, he'd been huffing the whipped cream cans.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, EVENKEEL said:

I worked in a Denny's style restaurant in the late 70's washing dishes and  making salads. One day I found one of the bus boys passed out in the salad bin, he'd been huffing the whipped cream cans.

In my university, way back when, we found a place that would sell us big canisters of NO2. From our food service we took the linings out of discarded cartons of milk - the kind that were put in milk dispensers in the cafeteria. The linings were essentially a plastic bag with a pipe attached where the milk was meant to exit. After cleaning them up, they made excellent receptacles for the NO2. Unfortunately for me, the brief high was followed by a prolonged period of nausea, so my fling with the gas was a short-lived one.

Edited by thaibreakfast
  • Haha 1