I finally beat Immigration... until next year my old foe!!!

Not being a smart A, but if you can afford it use money in bank retirement. Zero issues.

Agree you should not have to. 

I have black texta through marriage extension if you have rubbish immigration office along with income method across the board.

Well i know how relax and happy you are and im happy you are ok now. And no more stress or headaches.

But... i dont think you beat them. At the end of day they got what they want.. more photos.. more copies.. 

But yes you did it in 1 day. I dont know wht its a common thing with the IO that they really dont want to do it at your first visit. There must be something with it. Maybe they want to check like you can do it or not. If you made fake things maybe you cannot do again or likewise. Dont know. But yes they have this habbit of not to do at the first visit.

Im going to khon kaen from bangkok tjis monday to extend my expired non o and im doing it just because nonthaburi IO refused to do it for some reason that i dont know... im full ready and sure i have all the paper work.. but im also sure they will find something and send me back to bangkok and do new things... 

Wish me luck, i hope i can beat them too. 555

Edited by problemfarang
  • Confused 1

@greenmonkey

400K is peanuts, you should try changing it into 800K for retirement. The 'battle' is fiercer for retirees. It is more difficult to maintain a minimum balance of 800K.

Nowadays, they even require one year bank statement in addition to bank book which essentially does the same thing.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

@greenmonkey

400K is peanuts, you should try changing it into 800K for retirement. The 'battle' is fiercer for retirees. It is more difficult to maintain a minimum balance of 800K.

Nowadays, they even require one year bank statement in addition to bank book which essentially does the same thing.

400k is peanuts.... ummm.. sure pal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EricTh said:

@greenmonkey

I did mine based on monthly foreign transfers (65K+) and it was very easy, as usual. I've seen people turned away but they were not following the easy rules. If someone can't handle simple paperwork, it would be better to use an agent. 

That said Non O Marriage requires more, approval from Bangkok and in some cases a home visit.

BTW Married with a green card in US get home visits ,sometimes and grilled about being married. In the US I had several employees that reported this to me. I guess they need to make sure it's not just a marriage of convenience, same here ( i suppose). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, perconrad said:

Amazing all the troubles some have at immigration.

In Sisaket IO it goes like this when you apply for retirement extension: You give the IO your passport and the letter from your embassy and say retirement extension, 90 day report and reentry permit if you also want these. 

He looks at the embassy letter, goes and make some copies, fills in some forms and have you fill in your part and sign them, take pictures of you with webcam and deliver all the paperwork to the boss and in tAhe meantime settle the payment with you, shortly after you get your passport back with the new extension, the reentry permit and the 90 day report stapled in.

Most times the copies are free, but sometimes it is 20 baht to the coffee box.

SiSaKet is also my Immigration office.  They are correct, relaxed and very friendly.

Surely one of the better if not the best Immigration office in country.

• Like 2