U.S. swoops down on Portland protesters after Trump order to protect monuments

rooster59

3 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

no troops?  we don't know.  not if they have no identification and refuse to identify themselves.

that's kidnapping, and citizens have a right to refuse to comply.  they also have a right to defend themselves, with deadly force if necessary.

You obviously don't live in the US. 

No troops? I know. I've done the work for over 20 years. I know exactly who they are. If you're committing a crime and a plainclothes cop arrests you, PLEASE defend yourself with deadly force.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

How many of these crimes over the past few months of protests have been identified by the FBI as politically motivated, rather than by street criminals?

The FBI has found no evidence that the American militant anti-fascist movement Antifa was involved in violence that erupted during national protests over the death of George Floyd.

https://www.ajc.com/news/fbi-finds-evidence-antifa-involvement-national-unrest/qVI3U9wb8Q6u1QEvVsJ7AJ/

ajc.com... good on you

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Any examples of this, re the USA?

From this forum. "the U.S.A. should follow up on how Tienemen Square was handled. If Government does not handle this quickly, then Patriots, Militias and Veterans will"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is that all and you think calls for harsh measure are 'out of control' if I was 15 I would add LOL

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

From this forum. "the U.S.A. should follow up on how Tienemen Square was handled. If Government does not handle this quickly, then Patriots, Militias and Veterans will"

Is that all and you think calls for harsh measures are 'out of control' on this forum, if I was 15 I would add LOL !

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

“Federal officials don't go around arresting people for no reason,” the official said. “This isn't communist China.”

Pot and black kettles come swiftly to mind. Pompeo should henceforth shut his mouth criticizing Beijing for the same. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

“Federal officials don't go around arresting people for no reason,” the official said. “This isn't communist China.”

Pot and black kettles come swiftly to mind. Pompeo should henceforth shut his mouth criticizing Beijing for the same. 

.50 collected

36 minutes ago, uesnyc said:

It would be subversion. The country was built as a free market economy.

Personally, anybody who wants to take what I've earned and own yes, I hope they die slowly and painfully. I'm an individual, not a collectivist.

I just want to be left alone. I owe nobody anything. My bills are paid, I've cleared my debt.

There are countries out there that are not capitalist, welcoming others to join. Leave mine alone.

And people with a different view than yours could change the whole country through elections and in the end you would be the one who had the choice to leave or accept it.

This will happen over time so better get used to it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dap said:

Maybe in the country you come from that sort of action is condoned by the folk around you, but certainly NOT by the general public in America. Appears you could use some counseling and I suggest you look into getting some very soon.

I'm in America (sadly).. I'd be all for commies being addressed in this manner.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And people with a different view than yours could change the whole country through elections and in the end you would be the one who had the choice to leave or accept it.

This will happen over time so better get used to it.

believe it or not, I agree with you. I'm waiting for this <deleted> to finish, put my dollars into BHT, and get the <deleted> out of here while I still can. At least cash is still king in the LOS.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, uesnyc said:

You obviously don't live in the US. 

No troops? I know. I've done the work for over 20 years. I know exactly who they are. If you're committing a crime and a plainclothes cop arrests you, PLEASE defend yourself with deadly force.  

unless you're in portland now embedded with the nameless troops, you don't know nothing.

if a plainclothes cop arrests me, he gots to identify himself as a police officer.  no-knock warrants for example still require the cops to identify themselves as cops when they break into your home at 3am.  if i shoot a cop breaking in and he didn't identify himself, i'm just defending my castle.  some guys in black grab me on the street without saying a word and try to toss me in a van, i'm within my rights to resist to whatever level necessary.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, uesnyc said:

it's still ongoing, investigations unfounded.

If correct, will have to wait & see what the final FBI report says rather than speculative claims

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

unless you're in portland now embedded with the nameless troops, you don't know nothing.

if a plainclothes cop arrests me, he gots to identify himself as a police officer.  no-knock warrants for example still require the cops to identify themselves as cops when they break into your home at 3am.  if i shoot a cop breaking in and he didn't identify himself, i'm just defending my castle.  some guys in black grab me on the street without saying a word and try to toss me in a van, i'm within my rights to resist to whatever level necessary.

You don't live in the US because you don't understand the castle doctrine.. Some states have, some don't.  If you're in the commision of a crime, a cop does NOT have to try to stop you and convince you to feel comfortable about his identity. Sorry, it's not how it works. Stop being educated on the internet. "he gots".. Again, I'll implore you, do criminal activity, and use deadly force against the people trying to stop you from doing so. I want to see this youtube video.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

If correct, will have to wait & see what the final FBI report says rather than speculative claims

agreed. but I'm on street level and I know what I see, not from biased news.

2 minutes ago, uesnyc said:

You don't live in the US because you don't understand the castle doctrine.. Some states have, some don't.  If you're in the commision of a crime, a cop does NOT have to try to stop you and convince you to feel comfortable about his identity. Sorry, it's not how it works. Stop being educated on the internet. "he gots".. Again, I'll implore you, do criminal activity, and use deadly force against the people trying to stop you from doing so. I want to see this youtube video.

i don't live in the usa because i left there 15 years ago.

some of the folks that were picked up, from reports on the internets, were not at the moment of kidnap "doing criminal activity."  no reason for a legitimate officer not to identify themselves.  "feel comfortable" is ridiculous.  identify self as an officer of the law.

some dudes dressed in black?  are they cops?  are they feds?  are they antifa?  are they right-wing anti-antifa vigilantes?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dap said:

What commies? I thought the thread was about the questionable tactics of the federal troops against Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. protesters and my reply was to the individual who wished to use flamethrowers against them. More than a bit psychotic and frightening in my estimation.

There's nothing questionable about the tactics. We've done it under clinton, bush, and obama too.. it's only questionable now because it's trump. We did the same job under every president. Look up portland antifa, or rose city antifa.. COMMIES

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Americans are fed up with it,I know I am! At least this nbc affiliate shows both sides of Americas disdain!  I'm sitting here in Thailand and thinking who has helped in dividing America and it ain't the law and order President. 

It took a lot of digging in google weeds to find a transparent local news source!

Police getting hammered in the head

Crowd chanting and wanting to burn down a police precinct!

(seems I heard this before)

People trying to run over the police with a car

(seems I heard this before) 

All under, what started as a peaceful protest!

All these protest in many instances have ended this way!

48 days and counting

NBC affiliate 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, uesnyc said:

agreed. but I'm on street level and I know what I see, not from biased news.

48 days and counting!

Who are these protesters ! It appears some are from the Seattle riots,judging from the umbrellas in the video!

https://www.seattlemet.com/news-and-city-life/2020/06/how-umbrellas-became-the-symbol-of-seattle-george-floyd-protests

NBC affiliate video 

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Could you imagine if it was right wing rioters destroying cities every single night for almost 2 straight months, could you imagine the hysterical, blubbering outrage from the illiberals? They’d be foaming at the mouth at the use of the feds. 

Down right laughable that any person could have the audacity to claim that these people are “peaceful protesters” and not be booed out of a room. 

But this is par for the course for the Democrat party. They will be continuing the vile and filthy escalation in the coming months and weeks over the election.

Brilliant,the shoe on the other foot! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cantata said:

So do you or do you not speak for all Americans?

Well if you watched the video that speaks or 7 weeks of the violence,( past comment) that  have occurred during  peaceful protests. Yes

"Americans who abhor riots do so for good reason. When a protest descends into violence, the people who had gathered to advance justice nonviolently are invariably robbed of the ability to define events".

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/police-reform-popular-rioting-not/612580/

By the way whats your agenda. 

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Well if you watched the video that speaks or 7 weeks of the violence,( past comment) that  have occurred during  peaceful protests. Yes

"Americans who abhor riots do so for good reason. When a protest descends into violence, the people who had gathered to advance justice nonviolently are invariably robbed of the ability to define events".

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/police-reform-popular-rioting-not/612580/

By the way whats your agenda. 

How does this prove that your opinion jibes with all Americans (including the ones protesting) or even a majority?

How does the statement you quoted prove that most of the demonstrations are not peaceful?