U.S. swoops down on Portland protesters after Trump order to protect monuments

rooster59

2 minutes ago, cantata said:

How does this prove that your opinion jibes with all Americans (including the ones protesting) or even a majority?

How does the statement you quoted prove that most of the demonstrations are not peaceful?

What is your agenda

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, cantata said:

How does this prove that your opinion jibes with all Americans (including the ones protesting) or even a majority?

How does the statement you quoted prove that most of the demonstrations are not peaceful?

Do you approve of violence

8 minutes ago, cantata said:

All under, what started as a peaceful protest!

All these protest in many instances have ended this way!

48 days and counting

a snip from a previous comment

I left room for not all

Edited by riclag

1 minute ago, Somtamnication said:

18 years in the force; it was never like that. The militarization of the police is truly scary. Feels like Chile back in 1973 all over again.

Actually, in this case it's not the police but US paramilitary troops. And they weren't asked for by the local government.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cantata said:

No, I do not approve of violence. Do you approve of characterizing peaceful protests as violent?

I told you Many  I was careful to include that 

3 minutes ago, cantata said:

"All these protest[sic] in Many instance." 

All or many?

Your deflection and constant badgering about your confusion over violence during many peaceful  protests has awarded you a spot on  my ignore list! Congratulations!

6 minutes ago, Dap said:

Ok! I'm telling you, as you seem to know how a WWII vet would respond to those wartime horrors. Please, tell me.

How would i know how a WW2 vet would respond to the use of flamethrowers?  The two WW2 vets that i'm related to didn't use one, to my knowledge.  Though flamethrowers were widely used by allied troops during WW2. 

You stated the following:

:blink: There is EVERYTHING questionable about using flamethrowers on ANY living creature ... ALWAYS!! under any and all administration. 

I'm suggesting that the WW2 vets that did use them may disagree with your statement. 

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

He obviously isn't confused by anything but your deflections and bad language and he's not alone.

I think he used it as an excuse to avoid the issue of local control. The local government didn't ask for and doesn't want Federal law enforcement agents. In other words, he's not exactly a principled conservative.

2 minutes ago, cantata said:

And yet the local government don't want them there.

You be honest and stop pretending to know what people who disagree with you want. 

The local politicians are playing games with peoples lives and livelihoods and have hamstrung the police in every way, even releasing the terrorists to regroup the very next day. How many people have died as a direct result of the lawlessness of northwestern politicians over the last few weeks? CHAZ/CHOP/I-5 Roadblocks/Assaults and Robberies/Murder/Property Damage. 

And you show all your cards the minute you equate antifa to peaceful protesters and minimize their destruction, so I know all about how you’d think had the shoe been on the other foot. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Do you mean following them on credible news sources or loony alt right sites?

Is this a loony credible alt right site !

Violence In Portland

"Violence in Portland draws national attention"

NBC affiliate

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

Federal government agents have been detaining people in clear breach of their First Amendment rights.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/portland-george-floyd-protests-president-trump-federal-officers-1030441/

I'm sure you're on top of all the legal ramification in the US while swinging in your hammock in Noosa, or are you just waiting to go back to Uni?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Can you believe this ,the minimizing of violence  that has accompanied peaceful protests!!!!! 

Jeepers creepers even when the left sees the msm report it  they aren't willing to accept it, don't you agree?

Are we denying peaceful protest,no!  

Minimizing or not, whatever violence is occurring doesn't justify disregarding the Constitution.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TPI said:

I'm sure you're on top of all the legal ramification in the US while swinging in your hammock in Noosa, or are you just waiting to go back to Uni?

Nope. just posting a Rolling Stone article calling out the situation in Portland in relation to the OP; if you can factually dispute the content go for it. BTW don't have a hammock, but your inference is correct, Noosa is beautiful and peaceful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevenl said:

This behaviour is very much reminiscent of that of thought police forces in countries like Russia, China, and others where free thought is not allowed.

And like that in Thailand. This happened during the coup. It also happened last month with on activist disappeared and presumed murdered at the hands of fascist royalists Thais.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Do tell why law enforcement used purposely lacks identification if they are acting within the law?

The big yellow “POLICE” patches and Department shoulder patches not enough?

Should they also politely ask antifa if the can be arrested too?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

And like that in Thailand. This happened during the coup. It also happened last month with on activist disappeared and presumed murdered at the hands of fascist royalists Thais.

So fascist's have been living right next door to communists for the last 100 years to no consequence?  I think your confused.

• Like 1