I just lost 10 KG. It was EASY

GoDucks

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

Stupid remark its the amount of food not carbs or no carbs. Though too many processed carbs are bad but people lose weight on a a twinkie diet too. Low carb works but its followers are almost like a religion ascribing magical properties to it. It gets a bit boring. Just eat healthy (carbs can be healthy) and less then normal.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2010-dec-06-la-he-fitness-twinkie-diet-20101206-story.html#:~:text=Twinkie Guy — also known as,Stop the presses.

i eat keto/carni for my health
NOT for weight loss
Fat loss just happens
(weight loss and fat loss are not specifically the same thing)

i was diagnosed with IBS
had terrible bloating, heartburn, acid reflux, flatulence etc.
also found out i had insulin resistance

all symptoms gone since keto/carni

also
not all calories are equal????
i do not deprive my body of calories when on keto/carni
i eat sometimes 5000 calories a day

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Go trim some fat off your attitude

i was explaining to you, fat is a good energy source

yes we have all been misprogrammed by govs and corps
don't take it as a personal comment

Edited by innosiem

44 minutes ago, robblok said:

Any diet will work but sticking to a lifestyle change is most important otherwise you gain it all back. That is why i don't really diet but just change what i eat forever. (had my fall backs usually after injuries or stress). But changing permanently what you eat works best.

Its total BS that people can't lose weight or that there is one way to do it. We are all different and there are many different ways but they call come down to eating less then you burn.

you have my vote !   I have lived a certain lifestyle for decades.   Don't eat junk food ( though a bit here and there will not kill you) .... and keep active.  I used to be very active, but of course slow down with

age.   Everyone overweight talks of "metabolism"  .    I don't know,  for me its just eat moderately ( i have cut down on carbs)  and

get some exercise .   "No one way to do it".      

Robs words "changing permanently"  i think is the key to staying fit .  Can you do it ?

Since i just had a birthday,  maybe i will show the world what a 70 year old Rumak looks like.

I am sure it will be good for a few digs from the cabin crew.

20191218_110901.jpg

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, innosiem said:

NOT for weight loss
Fat loss just happens

i was diagnosed with IBS

also

Weight loss and fat loss are different indeed. 

No not all calories are equal but to think that some calories don't count is stupid. Sure processed carbs are bad. However oats / unsugared musli and so on are not. 

The B.S. that calories don't count is crazy. Just add 50ml of MCT oil to your diet every day and if you keep all other foods the same you WILL see weight gain. Calories count laws of physics never change. However if your insulin resistant then fat goes off harder. But if you eat less your insulin resistance will get less too. As insulin resistance is based on the amount (and kind) of carbs. By eating less you eat less carbs too. So it changes too. Keto is not needed to get rid of insulin resistance. Less and better carbs are. 

1 hour ago, rumak said:

you have my vote !   I have lived a certain lifestyle for decades.   Don't eat junk food ( though a bit here and there will not kill you) .... and keep active.  I used to be very active, but of course slow down with

age.   Everyone overweight talks of "metabolism"  .    I don't know,  for me its just eat moderately and

get some exercise .   "No one way to do it".      

Robs words "changing permanently"  i think is the key to staying fit .  Can you do it ?

Since i just had a birthday,  maybe i will show the world what a 70 year old Rumak looks like.

I am sure it will be good for a few digs from the cabin crew.

20191218_110901.jpg

No digs from me, look good enough.

It is indeed about a permanent lifestyle change. The reason people  often get fat again is that they see their change as temporary and go back to what got them fat in the fist place. It just does not work.

Indeed eating bad food once in a while won't kill you as long as you eat healthy most of the time.

I eat healthy most of the time. Did have a minor setback earlier this year when i got shoulder problems (almost fixed now). I could not train and got depressed in a way and ate all the <deleted> food. Guess what i gained weight. Its gone now by going back to what I always did.

18 minutes ago, innosiem said:

NOT for weight loss
Fat loss just happens

i was diagnosed with IBS

also

Innosiem I agree with all of your posts in this thread.

I have been on keto, on occasion bordering on carnivore, for more than 2 years now. I have maintained my weight at 75Kg now for that time (I was over 95) and orignally started it to combat metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. I have not reintruduced tha bad carbs (white rice, potatoes, noodles/pasta, and bread), the only carbs are vegetables. Sugar is out in every form (although that is the hardest to chuck! - damn those Beng Beng!). Haven't eaten any processed food in over 2 years. I give no thought to hunger or going back to bad habits. I would say maintenance is easy.

Result: Bloods normal, no longer on statins or metformin for diabetes. I am convinced with some recent food tests, my diabetes is in remission.

A few downsides: some constipation, lack of muscle strength, working on some exercises to complement my daily walking.

OP - good luck but I have to say I could not just eat one meat and nothing else. Variation will help further, get some Makro salmon when you are next there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Innosiem I agree with all of your posts in this thread.

I have been on keto, on occasion bordering on carnivore, for more than 2 years now. I have maintained my weight at 75Kg now for that time (I was over 95) and orignally started it to combat metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. I have not reintruduced tha bad carbs (white rice, potatoes, noodles/pasta, and bread), the only carbs are vegetables. Sugar is out in every form (although that is the hardest to chuck! - damn those Beng Beng!). Haven't eaten any processed food in over 2 years. I give no thought to hunger or going back to bad habits. I would say maintenance is easy.

Result: Bloods normal, no longer on statins or metformin for diabetes. I am convinced with some recent food tests, my diabetes is in remission.

A few downsides: some constipation, lack of muscle strength, working on some exercises to complement my daily walking.

OP - good luck but I have to say I could not just eat one meat and nothing else. Variation will help further, get some Makro salmon when you are next there.

Yes low carb is not good for muscle. People like to deny it but the fact remains to build muscles carbs are better then no carbs. It can be done but is far from optimal. Many bodybuilder research has been done in this area and while you CAN gain some muscle its much harder to do then when you eat carbs (balanced diet). 

But given that you got diabetes eating carbs is not really a option. Its great to see people lose weight and get rid of medicine. I have nothing against low carb as such, only when its touted as the only way or when people think its far superior. (only true in initial stages and with people with metabolic problems and insulin problems).

My diet is dairy (yoghurt), salads, beef or chicken or whatever, musli, some bread even. But I workout a lot so the body has  no problems processing those carbs. They actually come in handy fueling my exercise. For long duration exercise you don't need carbs. For shorts bursts of power carbs are still the best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

I’ve had great short term results too with beef also chicken and fish but experienced constipation, then felt I had no choice than to add some fibre laden carbs.

Without resorting to fibre gel, any suggestions anyone to eliminate this?

Meat is murder but if you must eat it and get stuffed up lactulose is best, non addictive stool softener which works by drawing water into the colon. Sold as Hepalac in Thailand, about 80 baht a bottle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoDucks said:

Jordan Peterson's issues have nothing to do with his diet.  His daughter is on the same diet and vry healthy.

So... keep on it and it works, stop it and you gain weight.  LOL OK good evidence it works.

Not easy to do when u do not eat and cook at home, true.  So I cheat a bit.

i agree it works, but for most it only works out short term

same could be said for keto. there's a lot of articles about once stopping it it does more damage than good

best diet is one that you can do long term, and i'm not convinced vegetables are bad for you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

i agree it works, but for most it only works out short term

same could be said for keto. there's a lot of articles about once stopping it it does more damage than good

best diet is one that you can do long term, and i'm not convinced vegetables are bad for you

100% in agreement. Not sure why anyone would NOT want to eat vegetables. They are healthy and so is some fruit. Its the processed stuff that is bad not vegetables and fruits. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not sure why people have constipation problems, maybe should add some salad or fruits to their meat. Its healthy too. 

3 years of constipation in Thailand sure beats 5 years of diarrhoea in Cambodia ????

Edited by Saltire

6 minutes ago, Saltire said:

3 years of constipation in Thailand sure beats 5 years of diarrhoea in Cambodia ????

I would say either is a problem. Are you not eating veggies ?

Also you could try some psyllium husk (available at good karma)

Just read the first page.  All I know is you do miss out on necessary vitamins when eating an all meat diet.   "eating meat deprives your body of folate, vitamins C and E, and fibre, which are all essential for good health" 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

Just read the first page.  All I know is you do miss out on necessary vitamins when eating an all meat diet.   "eating meat deprives your body of folate, vitamins C and E, and fibre, which are all essential for good health" 

I also don't really get it why people refuse to eat fruits or veggies. Those are NOT problem items in ones diet. Processed foods, sugar, alcohol are. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Meat is murder but if you must eat it and get stuffed up lactulose is best, non addictive stool softener which works by drawing water into the colon. Sold as Hepalac in Thailand, about 80 baht a bottle

Most days I train twice so everything I consume I prefer it to have some value. I don’t want to take constipation medicine as I see it so now use green vegetables, minimal grains. 

12 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Most days I train twice so everything I consume I prefer it to have some value. I don’t want to take constipation medicine as I see it so now use green vegetables, minimal grains. 

It's a sugar not really a medicine.

2 hours ago, GoDucks said:

I came across an all-beef diet used successfully by Jordan Peterson (if you have heard of him) and thought, like he said, I can try anything for a month.

Really happy for you and well done, however you have to find the balance of a healthy diet, i.e. not just beef, e.g. while researching for a healthy diet, I found that red meat contains important nutrients, including protein, vitamin B-12, and iron, however, there is also evidence to suggest that eating a lot of red meat can raise a person's risk of certain cancers, heart disease, and other health concerns, so I eat beef once or twice at most a week.

Last year I weighed 90.5kg, and my BMI was in the obese range, so I decided to get onto a healthy diet, by not eating white breads, rice, and pastas as I used too, even though I enjoyed them all of my life, they are loaded with carbs, so I changed to brown bread, rice and pasta, lo GI if I can get them, however seldom eat them these days, and after changing my diet, I also started running on the treadmill for (45 minutes) in the morning first up, for the 8 months it took me to reach my target which I set to achieve in 12 months, I reduced my weight to 75.6kg, a loss of 14.9kg or just under 2kg a month and 4 months shorter of the 12 month target.

After the 8 months, I then started to do weights to turn the fat into muscle and stopped running on the treadmill and swapped it for walking at a good pace so as not to lose anymore weight, and although my weight has gone back up, e.g. from 75.6kg to 79.4kg as of this morning, it's because when you gain muscle, the scale goes up and that's fine as I am happy with the way my physique looks for a 60 year old 183cm bloke as opposed to how skinny I looked when I lost the weight and before I started doing weights. 

Don't forget, salmon and chicken and lots and lots of greens and veggies, I also like a small yogurt in the morning with active probiotic bacteria cultures as its good for the gut, almonds, bananas and so on.

If you haven't heard of this guy, Dr Berg, suggest you listen and subscribe to his Youtube channel, such a great teacher on the body and how it all works with what foods are good and what foods are bad, although it's based on the Keto diet, I haven't started it yet, but get the jist of it all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, innosiem said:

i was diagnosed with IBS
had terrible bloating,

I too would bloat when eating just about anything, with my wife we would cut out this and cut out that only to find later that it wasn't the food, e.g. when I was in Sydney I would never bloat because I used to eat yogurt with active probiotic bacteria cultures, and just happened to stumble on some here about two months ago, and since eating it daily no more bloating or passing wind.

For anyone with bloating, IBS, passing wind frequently suggest you try it, it only comes in a small size and is 20 baht, the brand is Yolida and its called ProBio with paracasei

I have only found it at some BigC stores and little mini BigC stores, and VillaMart so it can be hard to come by and lasts for a good 10 days, so stock up ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Not sure why people have constipation problems, maybe should add some salad or fruits to their meat. Its healthy too. 

leafy greens or salad, YES

Fruits.......Hell no, they are full of fructose????‍♂️

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I would say either is a problem. Are you not eating veggies ?

Also you could try some psyllium husk (available at good karma)

I do eat veggies but maybe not enough. I stick to mainly broccoli, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, onoins, capsicums etc mainly for cooking dishes. PaleoRobbie.com now do organic Brussels sprouts which I have started to eat lots of.

I have fruit trees all around me in the wifes farm but I found out early most fruits skyrocket by blood sugar so I tend to avoid them, though I do miss them a lot. If I give in I have watermelon occasionally.

5 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I do eat veggies but maybe not enough. I stick to mainly broccoli, tomatoes, lettuce, mushrooms, onoins, capsicums etc mainly for cooking dishes. PaleoRobbie.com now do organic Brussels sprouts which I have started to eat lots of.

I have fruit trees all around me in the wifes farm but I found out early most fruits skyrocket by blood sugar so I tend to avoid them, though I do miss them a lot. If I give in I have watermelon occasionally.

Sure for a diabetic it makes sense not to have much fruits.  

3 minutes ago, innosiem said:

sugar in any form is still sugar
we are talking carni/keto here

Paleo is different????

That is one of the things i have against Keto.. their anti fruit stance. Then again your free to do as you please.

I like my carbs (im low in carbs but still get enough). Love them for a workout and for their muscle building potential. IT all depends on the rest of your life style. Guys like me with a lot of muscles handle carbs far better then people with less muscles and less exercise.