I just lost 10 KG. It was EASY

GoDucks

4 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I have also cut back my beer intake to historically low levels. These days 4 cans on a Friday night is a BIG night for me. I feel a lot better and obviously the calorie intake via beer has gone down a lot. It also means a diet of beef, beef and more beef is not required.....though I do loves me a bit of beef.....

Alcohol is bad if you want to get really lean (though i had a friend who would drink a lot and still have a good six pack of abs). For me sugar drinks like fruit juices is the problem. Never liked beer (lucky me). 

I have no special love for beef, certain fish or chicken or pork is good too. But for now the beef patties from the Makro are a welcome addition to a salad from jones salad (diner)

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

Alcohol is bad if you want to get really lean (though i had a friend who would drink a lot and still have a good six pack of abs). For me sugar drinks like fruit juices is the problem. Never liked beer (lucky me). 

I have no special love for beef, certain fish or chicken or pork is good too. But for now the beef patties from the Makro are a welcome addition to a salad from jones salad (diner)

Yeah, those fruit drinks....EVERYTHING here is full of sugar! I tried the 'reduced sugar' Nescafe tinned ice coffee the other day. To me it was sickly sweet still. I have also cut back on sugar I put in coffee, now its less than 1/2 teaspoon whereas a few years back it was 2. You dont miss the sugar after a while. I still eat some junk food occasionally. 

There are possible side effects from all meat diet  ,, Gout, bowel problems , gall stones ..  I have a family member  who did it for one year  ,, he got all those problems but he did lose 30kg  ,, he has kept the weigt off but now eats a more balanced diet 

Just now, 248900_1469958220 said:

Yeah, those fruit drinks....EVERYTHING here is full of sugar! I tried the 'reduced sugar' Nescafe tinned ice coffee the other day. To me it was sickly sweet still. I have also cut back on sugar I put in coffee, now its less than 1/2 teaspoon whereas a few years back it was 2. You dont miss the sugar after a while. I still eat some junk food occasionally. 

Stuff like black currant syrup with a soda or lychy sirup with soda was my weakness and of course mango juice. Now i cut it all out for some reason i can't take a little of it. It always creeps back up if i just lower the intake. I need to really not take it otherwise i will cave in. 

But i really do think the calories from those drinks add up over the day. Now its mainly soda (the stuff they mix with wisky) and green tea made myself. I must say the fat i gained during my injury never came off as fast as this time. So it does show a bit.

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

How about all posters uploading a selfie of their belly “Sixpack” here ?

Not complete six pack but good enough for me. The last little step take to much energy to complete. 

692A57A0-8F84-44A3-9961-1AADCCE5B1C4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Stuff like black currant syrup with a soda or lychy sirup with soda was my weakness and of course mango juice. Now i cut it all out for some reason i can't take a little of it. It always creeps back up if i just lower the intake. I need to really not take it otherwise i will cave in. 

But i really do think the calories from those drinks add up over the day. Now its mainly soda (the stuff they mix with wisky) and green tea made myself. I must say the fat i gained during my injury never came off as fast as this time. So it does show a bit.

I like vegetable juice and mix with soda 50/50 for refreshment, and also fresh coconut juice once and awhile. Gatorader some few during the harder and longer training sessions.

71C963FA-F1D4-47D9-B7B7-2842C432D47B.jpeg

13 hours ago, Tagged said:

Not complete six pack but good enough for me. The last little step take to much energy to complete. 

692A57A0-8F84-44A3-9961-1AADCCE5B1C4.jpeg

Close enough.. ill upload mine at hte end of this cut. Your right th last part is the hardest part to complete. But where you are at is below 17% for sure its quite good actually. 

Last part is super hard.. been there a few times but lost it too.

Edited by robblok

54 minutes ago, robblok said:

Close enough.. ill upload mine at hte end of this cut. Your right th last part is the hardest part to complete. But where you are at is below 17% for sure its quite good actually. 

Last part is super hard.. been there a few times but lost it too.

Well around 17 is my comfort as hospital shows in their measurement, but this is more or less same I have been since 28, but after 40 I hit my downfall for many years, and went up to 96kg and fat, broken mind and broken back. Horrible back problems, and unhealthy lifestyle with bad food, and no energy at all which resoulted in depression. It was a bad circle for a long time, but moving to thailand got me back. No more health problems and energy is back. But as said before, nothing comes for free anymore when it comes to body mind and soul. Need to be on a strict program to keep my back in check, and if my back is good, the rest comes by itself. I truly believe a life crisis i neceserry to appraciate small simple things again, and find a way to live that is kind of boring, but feels good. If that should make any sense for anyone reading. 

picture from 28 - 38 - 19 i

D3235A2D-0EBD-42C3-A578-C70D6C2958A9.jpeg

ADB1395E-653C-4A86-AE4D-FFDCB99B6E7A.jpeg

E073C7CB-2A84-4A6E-ADE0-8D6E4EC7F66F.jpeg

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

@Tagged

Im not so sure about the 17% if it was done with one of those scales that measure fat then its almost 100% wrong. Those things always mess up for people with more then average muscle. These scales are based on tables of average people. Anyone who does some weight lifting and gains some muscle falls out of that category.

You certainly added some muscle to your body for your frame. I mean if you ook at your pic of 18 you are lean but not muscular. Now your a lot more muscular. 

I got some of my older pics i now trying to get back to the leanness that i had on the one in the black shirt the other one im close to again. I think at the end of next month ill be in a lot better shape. That last one is a pic of when I was fat. 

AV (Custom).jpg

me (Small).jpg

before - Copy.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, robblok said:

weight often does not say much, im heavier then you and around the same lenght. Got visible abs lower too.. so fat below 12-13% i guess. Not exactly sure. Muscles weigh a lot so the weight quotes don't really say a lot.

I seen skinny fat people too, no muscle in sight.. look skinny but still a belly. Its about fat not weight.. but for those who train its hard to find a good way to estimate fat as fat scales don't work well for muscular guys and skin calipers have a large margin of error. For me its always a measuring tape around the waist to see if im getting fatter or if its muscle. 

Food wise for me its always a mix of (healthy) carbs / veggies / fruits /meat and fish and fat. Now that i really cut out sugar results come fast. 

Unfortunately still an minor shoulder injury. I hope that it is gone in a few weeks. I really want to be able to do DB or barbell bench and shoulder press. I could do shoulder press without  pain but feel it is not helpful (inflamed tendon). So now mainly other lifting.

I thought u would be around 10% body fat if you can see lower abs, I'm around 10% at the moment 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

@Tagged

Im not so sure about the 17% if it was done with one of those scales that measure fat then its almost 100% wrong. Those things always mess up for people with more then average muscle. These scales are based on tables of average people. Anyone who does some weight lifting and gains some muscle falls out of that category.

You certainly added some muscle to your body for your frame. I mean if you ook at your pic of 18 you are lean but not muscular. Now your a lot more muscular. 

I got some of my older pics i now trying to get back to the leanness that i had on the one in the black shirt the other one im close to again. I think at the end of next month ill be in a lot better shape. That last one is a pic of when I was fat. 

AV (Custom).jpg

me (Small).jpg

before - Copy.jpg

Dam, you are a body builder, how many kg you said you where? 179cm right? 

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Dam, you are a body builder, how many kg you said you where? 179cm right? 

I havent checked the scales for a while. Im using a tape measure to keep track of progress. The scales mess me up too much. But im probably around 90-92 kg right now. 

But these pics flatter me. I mean im pumped up in good light.. pics can play a lot of tricks to the eyes.

Biceps pic i was probably 89 kg or so.. i was quite lean then.. that is what i want to get back at. But again weight is strange so tape measure for me now to not make me crazy.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kennycrossfit said:

I thought u would be around 10% body fat if you can see lower abs, I'm around 10% at the moment 

Right now they are visible but there is still some fat on top. So im above 10%. Thats why i said give me 6 more weeks and ill be back in shape. So far the cut is going quite well.. but this is always a bit the sticking point for me. 

Seems like a barrier my body hates to break. 

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Right now they are visible but there is still some fat on top. So im above 10%. Thats why i said give me 6 more weeks and ill be back in shape. So far the cut is going quite well.. but this is always a bit the sticking point for me. 

Seems like a barrier my body hates to break. 

No matter how hard we trying it is the last vit that takes some effort, and I think we can aggree on no matter resoult we want, still a balanced diet gives the best long lasting healthy and good resoults. 

So if the original poster thinks different, it is his choice. 

anyway s great pump gives good pics, and it shows you are dedicated to what you do. 

anyway, I think I was the only one in the the army in the infantery when we enrolled who gained waight  ???? 

Edited by Tagged

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

No matter how hard we trying it is the last vit that takes some effort, and I think we can aggree on no matter resoult we want, still a balanced diet gives the best long lasting healthy and good resoults. 

So if the original poster thinks different, it is his choice. 

anyway s great pump gives good pics, and it shows you are dedicated to what you do. 

I go for a balanced diet i need my carbs. I am not talking about garbage carbs. I also need my fruits and veggies. 

I think keto can help for sure but im just not so sure its good to cut out stuff like fruits.

But I have resigned myself a long time that we are all different and what works for one does not work for an other. (i mean cutting calories helps everyone but we all need to put different amounts of effort in). In my group of friends there is a girl who is a bit chubby but she is losing weight quite good and getting in shape. But she is still drinking a lot. I could never get away with that. For me things have to be super strict to get where I want to go. 

6 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

@Tagged,

I am quite jealous of the metobolic genetics you got to work with!

I can just look at a twinkie and gain 2kgs lol

Unfortunately we are all different. But it probably means you could gain some nice muscle easy. Usually its those like us that get fat easy that can get muscles easier too. Its a trade off. 

I must be super strict to keep progress but have less problems hanging on to muscle when dieting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

@Tagged,

I am quite jealous of the metobolic genetics you got to work with!

I can just look at a twinkie and gain 2kgs lol

Started with cross country skiing 2 1/2 year old, skijumping at 4 (small jumps)  first competition 5 year, water skiing 8, judo 10, bicycling 10, boxing 12, skydiving 17, base jumping 19, weight lifting 21 or 22, snowboarding and climbing 22, telemark skiing 26, randonne skiing 32, so always been active with some sports. Now mostly going to gym, but at least 5 times a week.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Unfortunately we are all different. But it probably means you could gain some nice muscle easy. Usually its those like us that get fat easy that can get muscles easier too. Its a trade off. 

I must be super strict to keep progress but have less problems hanging on to muscle when dieting.

Take me back about 1000 years ago and I had the metabolism that you wanted.  Could last days on a single meal. While all the fast metabolism people would die from hunger lol.

Hated a couple of my buddies in high school.  They'd eat a liter of ice cream and it might as well have been steak and eggs and avacado super food as they would gain muscle.

Tagged, one of those buddies was in the military too.  When he'd go back every summer for the Reserve, he'd put on close to 10kgs muscle.  At home he was just a stoner who ate pizza and ben and jerry's. 

Genetics are source number one for what kind of results you get from the diets you try.

And most of these that I've seen in this thread will work...IF you stick to that principle of that diet.  EVEN high calorie keto can gain lean mass while cutting fat if you stick to it.  

But don't be mixing the different diet principles, you'll usually just fail while you are THINKING you are dieting.    Just a recipe for failure from my experience.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, GoDucks said:

I guess you missed the post where I said ALL OF THESE HAD IMPROVED....

Your levels have improved because you lost weight. A diet high in meat will cause problems in the long run. Cardiovascular disease, bowel cancer and other maladies involving the bowels from a lack of fiber. Anyone who needs to lose a lot of weight will benefit from any ridiculous diet, IF they are cutting sugar calories. If the body is starved from carbohydrates, it will burn stored fat. That is the problem with eating too many carbs, especially as you get older. Your body has to burn the easiest source of calories first, and that is carbs. If you eat too many carbs, they will get stored as fat.What you are doing is keeping your body in a state of ketosis, where body fat is used for energy because you are limiting carbs, like the Atkins diet. But if you completely eliminate carbs and fiber from your diet, you are losing many essential nutrients, fiber being one that keeps your bowels healthy. Few doctors know much about nutrition. It's only a very short course in their schooling. A nutritionist is where to go for advice. The ketosis  diet could cause low blood pressure, kidney stones, constipation, nutrient deficiencies and an increased risk of heart disease. Strict diets like keto could also cause social isolation or disordered eating. Ketosis is not safe for those with any conditions involving their pancreas, liver, thyroid or gallbladder. You have lost weight fast because you are starving your body from sugars. It works but the long term effects aren't good. Meat is fine, especially lean meat, but fish and chicken are better, having less saturated fat. It would be a good idea if you included carbs for the health benefits. You don't have to eat a lot, but ones that include fiber are necessary. What you're doing will work for weight loss, but will cause problems eventually. The brain itself relies on glucose to function. Diets high in saturated fat increase neurological dysfunction. Eating eggs, broccoli, avocados, nuts, seeds fatty fish and grains are necessary for healthy brain function, so it would be good if you included these also. Again, just like any "diet", it's a temporary fix, and not something to do permanently.

• Like 2