Honda Forza 350

hithere

Hi 

Just sold my Forza 2014, 5.700 km..... wanted to buy the new Forza 300 then i saw the 350, think i wanna buy that one, if any looking to buy a Forza 300 second hand i can see the prices are coming down, could do a good deal i can see. Still wanna buy the 350 ???? 

forza.jpg

I don't think 350 is coming any time soon..., maybe next year,.... and I remember when new model came in 2017/18, the old Forza held its value for a good year or two, before many used new models showed up on market for sale...

But I see your dilemma... ! Although you already have so many bikes, why bother....

35 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I don't think 350 is coming any time soon..., maybe next year,....

It's already listed on Honda's website, so it's probably just a matter of a few weeks until they are available.

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

It's already listed on Honda's website, so it's probably just a matter of a few weeks until they are available.

You are right, they are accepting orders at the bike motor show , so who knows, maybe comong soon... 

I'm amazed they kept quiet about it so long and then suddenly manufactured and now selling it...!!! 

Some more details below:

https://www.bikewale.com/m/news/48964-new-honda-forza-350-details-explained.html

https://www.autocarindia.com/bike-news/honda-forza-350-maxi-scooter-unveiled-418035

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/2020-honda-forza-350-maxi-scooter-launched-in-thailand-could-make-it-to-india/

Still nothing about HP but apparently there will be a touring model with top box.

Lets hope Yamaha will follow up and make a similar sized engine.

6 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Lets hope Yamaha will follow up and make a similar sized engine.

Yamaha has Xmax 400, but does not sell it in Thailand for some reason..., they just need to unleash that here and that would put a big damper on this Forza 350 parade, which is in reality a 330cc engine...! 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:33 PM, Agusts said:

on this Forza 350 parade, which is in reality a 330cc engine...! 

Yep the old 300 was not 300 and now the 350 is not 350. Not sure what it is with scooter manufacturers and model names.

When i first heard about this I thought not 350 probably 327 and I was out by 2cc!

• Like 2

https://www.motomotionthailand.com/review-first-ride-2020-all-new-honda-forza-350-specification/

Need the translator but more details about Forza 350. No power or torque numbers from Honda yet though...! ????

I like the 5 clutch shoes instead of 3, I think they finally acknowledged there is a problem there with such a heavy bike and the whole design, my old model Forza always suffer with a bit of clutch judder and vibration ...

Also the new air filter intake pointed to the back, but someone mentioned water and dust can get in there, specially water jets they use to clean bikes here. He opened and found a small hole at the bottom to let water out,  but still, strange place and so exposed, that box need more regular opening and cleaning, but get more air in and easier I guess...

And hydrolic timing chain tensioner that works with engine oil pressure, Honda first in Thailand...! High tech...????. Hope it is maintenance free and lasts,  any ideas...? 

Edited by Agusts

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, ianezy0 said:

Tried the Forza. Very comfy but underpowered to travel around Thailand. Just bought the NC750X DCT. Awesome bike.

About to step from PCX to manual for touring Thailand. I am looking at the NC750X DCT but was leaning towards the CB500X. Since I will be new to big bikes, I was thinking CB would be good start. But the NC750X DCT looks great. 

Do think the NC750x is a solid starter bike as well? No problem with traffic or anything or manual transmission, just don't know much about size, weight and such. Tomorrow I am actually renting a CB500x to see how I like it. 

I didn’t ride the CB500X but I have spoken with a few mates who have. Their main comment was that you would very soon be ready to upgrade to something else.

jumping straight into the NC750X was a good choice for me. Great in the twisties and awesome around town. 

weight is not so much of an issue once you get used to the real motorbike feel, i.e. feet resting on pegs and a different stance.

However, you might want to get a run around for town errands etc. and keep the NC for touring and weekend runs.

The DCT makesit ridiculously easy to ride.

Best of luck with whatever you decide

I think it s better to wait december and the motorshow in Bkk.

will have many bikes with euro5.

new models (maybe !)  honda x-adv 800, nc800x, AT800 ?  new kawa650 versys...? 

Else cb500x is a great deal, can do off/gravel/dirt road, perfect for traveling in thailand and the price is excellent

9 hours ago, hithere said:

Been on sale since late July 

It was only introduced in Bangkok motorbike show then and they took orders, didn't know they actually delivered them so quickly...

Have any of you guys received a delivery or seen one on the streets yet...!? 

On 9/11/2020 at 6:33 AM, Agusts said:

It was only introduced in Bangkok motorbike show then and they took orders, didn't know they actually delivered them so quickly...

Have any of you guys received a delivery or seen one on the streets yet...!? 

I have seen a used 350 for sale already, 

https://www.kaidee.com/c12-motorcycle-motorcycle

On 7/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, jackdd said:

You better get a bigger bike, to have more comfort, maybe the Honda X-ADV

My friend, who is an engineer, and has a high end bike suspension shop in BKK, hates the ADV. He thinks it is a monstrosity. Horrific suspension, is the word. 

Edited by spidermike007

I am also looking to purchase a new Forza 350. Have been looking for one to test drive. Wondering if any of you have driven one? If so, what did you think? Compared to the X-Max? I find the X-Max to have terrible suspension. Especially the rear shocks, which are low end junk. 

Edited by spidermike007

I'm on old Forza model, and set the preload on my rear suspension to stiffest. It's fine for me, not sure everybody changes it, unless you ride with a heavy pillion I hardly have issues with it..., okay , occasional bump here and there, that's okay....

The roads are mainly smooth and we are talking about a scooter, going mostly straight line and not that fast ..., the cheap run of the mill suspensions do the job, it's not a Bentley or Rolls Roce ... lol

Unless you want to take it off road and then of course that's another matter, and perhaps maybe think of another bike altogether....! 

P.S. I think the new Forza 350 has the same rear suspension of all previous models..., the one I saw in the mall already changed it...! 

Edited by Agusts

49 minutes ago, Randell said:

I read a article the other day but can't find in again now talking about  a Forza 750 with similar running gear to the  700 . Sorry to not be able to post the article but it seemed legit.

I think it will just be an update of the Honda Integra (currently not sold in Thailand), to make it look like the current Forza, and then sell it in Thailand as "Honda Forza 800" (they will probably also upgrade their 750cc engine to 800cc)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

I'm on old Forza model, and set the preload on my rear suspension to stiffest

Unless the shock has a progressive spring, the preload does not affect the stiffness of the suspension. It only affects the sag and geometry of the bike. That's because a linear spring as the name suggests has a linear progression when compressing so even if you say put 10kg on the spring as preload and it compresses 5mm, the next 10kg of load will again compress it for another 5mm (fantasy numbers). For stiffness there is a compression (and to some degree rebound) setting but I doubt the Forza suspension has it.

23 hours ago, Randell said:

I read a article the other day but can't find in again now talking about  a Forza 750 with similar running gear to the  700 . Sorry to not be able to post the article but it seemed legit.

• Like 1