Police outnumber customers in Samui’s deserted bars

rooster59

58 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Theerapong said the holiday island was ready if and when the tourists do return.

"And we the police will be back to compensate our loss of income caused by COVID, helped in that by all these sexy new anti-Covid rules."

"But we are looking into ways of collecting from the tourists that fail to be here right now."

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

Apparently they didn't visit Black night club further down the soi in the photos, as that was where everybody were heading to last night – both Thais, and the usual ladies and partly ladies, and stranded foreigners, and expats – the place was not crowded, it was packed like fully loaded salted fish-barrel...:whistling:

Yep and seen videos of last few days and it’s packed with 95% Thais . Half of them being bar girls though , but you have to wonder where they get all the money as even on say a Tuesday night it’s packed . ????????

Oh and it obviously closes at 12am ????????????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Daily News reported that a huge entourage of local officials headed by district chief Theerapong Chuaychu and Bo Phut police chief Pol Col Yuthana Sirisombat descended on Chaweng's nightlife entertainment early this morning on an inspection visit

Checking on their assets?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yep and seen videos of last few days and it’s packed with 95% Thais . Half of them being bar girls though , but you have to wonder where they get all the money as even on say a Tuesday night it’s packed . ????????

Oh and it obviously closes at 12am ????????????

Thanks for the update~discounts galore?

19 minutes ago, khunPer said:

It was also stuffed last Wednesday night, and quite a number of foreigners inside – also a few young probably stranded Western girls – whilst the pub outside with more contemporary Western music is full of aliens, and an equal number of Thai ladies; with some usual well known faces among the ladies...????

The music style inside is very Thai, in my modest opinion boring repeating in eternity eight heavy drum/bass bars and a break, where you are supposed to "raise your f..... hands".

I however think you are very mistaken about half the girls being bar girls when stating 95 percent are Thais, They are not bar girls, it's local "normal" girls having a night out – including numerous attractive singles that unfortunately are mainly, or only, looking for handsome Thai men – and many of the females might even be together with their boyfriend or husband, where a group of girls will stay dancing together whilst the males are drinking; there's no dance floor, you dance by the tables.

Also the other typical Thai nightlife places are full, even on weekdays' nights. Many of the locals on Samui have money enough for regular partying, and right now they even have 3½ month dry-season to catch up with...????

Yeah anytime I heard the music in the place it was awful. Guess it’s to cater for the audience there , certainly the music isn’t like any large club i would go to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

"And we the police will be back to compensate our loss of income caused by COVID, helped in that by all these sexy new anti-Covid rules."

"But we are looking into ways of collecting from the tourists that fail to be here right now."

silly comment .....   so just let china, wuhan, Victoria and everyone come and go to your favorite bar .....  lol

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Going by usual Thai logic they probably upped the price ! ????

Actually not, surprisingly cheap compared to what other late night venues have been charging before. I bought a Spy Red and a Coke for 140 baht, many places would charge 120 baht for a Spy wine cooler, and soft drink price of 40 baht is same as in Green Mango Club, and many affordable restaurants and pubs.

I have before paid 150 baht for a late night venue soft drink – I almost never drink alcohol when having a fun night out, so I'm not custom to that prices – and in Q-bar, the former hi-so disco club half way up the temple-cliff by Chaweng Lake, I was charged 250 baht for soft drinks like soda and coke, and that was even early in the evening.

Cha Cha Moon Beach Club also charged 150 baht for a coke, and that was after paying entrance fee; amazingly they were "sold out", all 1200 tickets bought in advance...????

Well, they are finally there, where they all wanted to be. The "dirty farang" are gone and will not be back anytime soon, if ever. You cannot ransack, rape and bash on a major source of income, the tourism, for decades and then be surprised, if your activities finally show results. 

In addition to the short term tourism you also kissed definite goodbye to the longterm residents and retirees with your absolutely silly immigration procedures, bank letter confirmations of statements printed in original bank books, photographs of house, house numbers and individual rooms inside the house, interviewing neighbours and showing up at ungodly hours like a SWAT team to make a surprise visit to the visa-extension-applying alien, usually in groups of 5+. 

I assume that the pricing of juices will have to go up now as there are fewer if no takers these days! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

In addition to the short term tourism you also kissed definite goodbye to the longterm residents and retirees with your absolutely silly immigration procedures, bank letter confirmations of statements printed in original bank books, photographs of house, house numbers and individual rooms inside the house, interviewing neighbours and showing up at ungodly hours like a SWAT team to make a surprise visit to the visa-extension-applying alien, usually in groups of 5+. 

I think that the strong baht and fixed incomes were the main reason here, but very few people admit that they are broke. So other factors are blamed.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1