Cheap Beer

thaiflyer1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

From the looks of things I assume if you buy a beer the barfines are free?

What looks of things indicate that... you have been around long enough to know that the only thing the op got for free was the hangover the next day... 

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

There was a clue in the OP -  "Soi LK all night ...new bar"

Short time promotion, either the price will go up or "gone bar".

So thanks for your pearls of wisdom Sandy. I got it regardless. Still it is quite cheap but as i have not been able to get back to Thailand since Christmas, who knows what is cheap now.????

omg.  

7 hours ago, zenobit said:

If they have "Chang" too, there would be a reason to visit Celona. ????

omg someone thinks changover  is on par with hinny?   those are big feet.  I didn't  notice until you pointed that out.  but I prefer her to the toad.  I've only been visiting Th for 4 years and bar visits ate not my main activities  but I was surprised some of these  heavies  can make a living at the bars. 

Heineken in Th is not the same as here in USA.  I think all beers in TH are severely lacking in hips amd malts unless  imported and I'm cheap Charlie and I am not going to buy many 250 baht+ of good imported  beer.  so I try to suffer on one singha a day.    

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, sandyf said:

There was a clue in the OP -  "Soi LK all night ...new bar"

Short time promotion, either the price will go up or "gone bar".

A friend went on a bar crawl through LK last night, many bars selling small bottles of beer @ 44b.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johng said:

They are hiring staff at 9,000 to 12,000 baht per month, how many small bottles of beer need to be sold just to cover the staff wages ?

It would depend on the 'bar fines', assuming the management get 50bht profit from every 'lady drink' and 250bht every time a girl goes out the door, they wouldn't need to sell any beer to cover the wages.

Edited by BritManToo

11 minutes ago, johng said:

They are hiring staff at 9,000 to 12,000 baht per month, how many small bottles of beer need to be sold just to cover the staff wages ?

@ 12k a month they would have to sell 10 small bottles @44b per day to cover each staff members salary, then there is lady drinks and barfines.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

@ 12k a month they would have to sell 10 small bottles @44b per day to cover each staff members salary, then there is lady drinks and barfines.

That's be just dandy if they didn't also have to pay rent, expenses and tea money.

Judging by the lack of patrons in many bars before Corona they are either running at a loss or <deleted> money

All the beers were 44 baht not just Heineken..........also noticed something else on the photo i posted, the licensee at the bottom of the bill is Seven Sins Bar which is next door...........i remember both bars were full so maybe they are also selling at 44 baht

• Like 1

Just now, thaiflyer1 said:

All the beers were 44 baht not just Heineken..........also noticed something else on the photo i posted, the licensee at the bottom of the bill is Seven Sins Bar which is next door...........i remember both bars were full so maybe they are also selling at 44 baht

According to a friends facebook posts many bars on LK are selling at 44per small bottle.

Whilst it wont be a loss leader in entirety the real money in beer bars like that come from the local spirits and mixer sales. The mark up in my Exs small bar was over 450% on average. The source of the spirits even I never got to find out but they came from across the border. I'll let you work out the rest. I was genuinely startled at the time that according to her "many" bars did the same

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How much extra to take the skinny one with the big feet home with me?

Look again more carefully at the angle of the shoe and you'll see its pukka kit

He won't last long at that price as they cost 42 baht per bottle to buy, out of your 2 baht you have to pay staff, elec for fridge, air con, lights etc. What are the prices of the other drinks as this must be a short time promotion.   

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OMG. What's with all the "well padded" working girls nowadays? The one on the right is pretty enough, but she has the trademark Pattaya girl skinny legs.

?

You seriously think that is a girl?  

• Haha 1