Big jump in Suvarnabhumi traffic after fifth phase of lockdown easing

Big jump in Suvarnabhumi traffic after fifth phase of lockdown easing

By THE NATION

800_30d64755ecb81e4.jpg

Suvarnabhumi Airport is seeing an increase in passengers after the government eased lockdown measures in the fifth phase that allowed domestic travel.

Wing Commander Suthirawat Suwanawat, general manager of Suvarnabhumi Airport, said that from July 1-15, the airport had seen operation of 3,205 flights (1,604 incoming and 1,601 outgoing) or 214 flights per day on average.

“The total number of passengers using the airport was 174,912 (85,758 incoming and 89,154 outgoing), or 11,661 passengers per day on average, which is a big jump from the previous months when the fifth phase of the easing of lockdown had not started yet, he said.

640_9h57b55ka866hedbikaad.jpg

“To ensure the safety of passengers and staff during the Covid-19 situation, Airports of Thailand has employed measures as suggested by the Ministry of Public Health, such as setting up screening checkpoints at all terminals, maintaining social distancing in operation and passenger areas, performing deep-cleaning in public areas and facilities every day, and enforcing the wearing of face masks by staff and passengers,” he added.

640_e895fcc8cek5d5hh8b6bb.jpg

Suthirawat also suggested that passengers should download the AOT Airports Application and fill in the information in advance before entering the airport to avoid creating bottlenecks at terminals.

“For inquiry about the airport’s services and flight details, contact AOT Contact Centre 1722, which is available 24 hours a day,” he added.

640_aghg5bhgc9dagbabai8di.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391532

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-18

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

or 11,661 passengers per day on average

In an article from last year, there was daily numbers of tourists recorded with 203 000. (int & nat)

Long way to go, a new era has begun. In my eyes it will never be the same again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paiman said:

In an article from last year, there was daily numbers of tourists recorded with 203 000. (int & nat)

Long way to go, a new era has begun. In my eyes it will never be the same again.

Now just over 11,000 a day so around 5% of last years figures. Let's call that a big jump for some positive news.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Many are claiming people are not allowed to fly to Thailand....

More baseless moaning ?

Suvarnabhumi Airport is seeing an increase in passengers after the government eased lockdown measures in the fifth phase that allowed domestic travel.

Increase mainly in domestic.

• Like 2

Just now, brucegoniners said:

So how are they keeping us safe? Does everyone go into quarantine? 

The Nation writes horrible articles.

As pointed out the majority of the traffic is domestic, no quarantine is needed.

International traffic quarantine is needed.... unless you are Egyptian Army !!

• Like 1

Just now, holy cow cm said:

I just flew to Suvarnabhumi last week and back to CM. It did not look like all that going on

yeah when i fly I take no notice of how many flights are coming and going over a 24hr period.

an average of 9 flights an hour does seem small but not a number i would be aware of as I don't hang around to count.

19 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

yeah when i fly I take no notice of how many flights are coming and going over a 24hr period.

an average of 9 flights an hour does seem small but not a number i would be aware of as I don't hang around to count.

Most domestic would be morning to early night. I was in the waiting area for an hour er so and could see inbound and outbound. Nothing else to do.

47 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

That still seems like too big of a number for flights.

Maybe they have recruited hundreds of soldiers to fly back and forth between Bangkok and the provinces, in order to boost the numbers...

Edited by Brunolem
  • Haha 1

214 flights. They sure count arrivals plus departures and include pure cargo flights :smile:

And still I have problems to find 100 departures on Friday e.g.

Maybe 70.

Majority domestic.

I was surprised to see that Bangkok Air does seven(!) flights to Samui on a Friday.

Even more surprising to see a report of a full flight (no empty seats, ATR72 though).

So this alone might count for 14 flights on a Friday.

Did some copy/edit/count for yesterday (Friday).

Finds 84 "Departed".

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airports/bkk/departures

Edited by KhunBENQ