Border wall/Fencing

FireMedic

Hi everyone and good afternoon. Can anyone recommend a company that can do this kind of combination wall....bottom half needs to be relatively solid as it will be retaining and the upper half chain link or mesh? I'm thinking about 1 meter concrete slabs and 2 meter high chain link above it...then I'll vine it up with passion fruit or other viney plants. Anywhere in the Udon-Ban Dung area? Have a couple of offers in the village, but it seems they aren't quite getting what we are asking....sticking to the tall, skinny thin blocks. I've seen about a dozen of those walls fall over in a stiff breeze throughout the years. TIA! 

fence1.png

fence2.png

• Like 1

Took two attempts. I knew nothing about building a retaining wall before. But I do now. Got to get lots of drainage pipes in and the outside wall stayed at regular intervals. The wall is 80 metres long. There are also first-built walls right around the other sides of the property but they didn't collaspe. 

• Like 1

Yeah they found someone who sent over some pretty impressive drawings, if they actually build it that way, I'll be surprised. I'm also very concerned about the water...the wife is saying we can't do it that way because the neighbors will lose their minds if all our water dumps out onto their land....as our wall would be very close to the back of their houses. So I will have to make sure they have a drainage plan well thought out......I'll keep my expectations low. 

Just an update as well....I got the price quote for it. 4 meter posts, 1 meter under in footers, 1 meter slab wall above ground, 2 meter chain link fence above that, 2 gates..one car gate and one small gate in the rear.....512,000thb for the 2+ rai. Given some of the other prices I've seen, it doesn't sound too unreasonable. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 12:45 PM, FireMedic said:

Just an update as well....I got the price quote for it. 4 meter posts, 1 meter under in footers, 1 meter slab wall above ground, 2 meter chain link fence above that, 2 gates..one car gate and one small gate in the rear.....512,000thb for the 2+ rai. Given some of the other prices I've seen, it doesn't sound too unreasonable. 

Sounds like a great price and design. Good luck. Can you upload finished photos later please? Thx