International Flights

mackemray

Are these flight from Bangkok to Lonodn or Amsterdam only for repatriation or is het possible that a Thai person with a valid short stay Schengen can fly out. I am aware that some Schengen countries don't follow the list of 14 countries put together by the EU on July 1st. Belgium blocks anything that smells Non Schengen, Finland only allows essential Non Schengen visitors. France and Holland follow the complete list. So would it be possible that a Thai  could fly to Paris or Amsterdam? Also do they need a covid test to fly out or can an airline stop them? Hope anyone can help with current information on this topic

According to the official Dutch government website:

The travel ban for the Netherlands has been lifted as of 1 July 2020 for the following category of travelers.

This concerns the inhabitants of the following countries:

Algeria, Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay and China*.

* The condition of reciprocity explicitly applies to China: the EU will only open to China when China opens to EU citizens.

So on paper, a Thai national can fly to Holland (but cannot automatically visit other Schengen countries as each has their own regulations at the moment). Question then what happens afterwards? How does this person get back here? If you leave voluntarily now you might not be able to claim a repatriation flight. At any rate you need to have a return ticket (normally checked). KLM has flights to AMS but a return flight in, for instance, October is not available and requires a flight to Paris and a connection to Air France. Will they allow you to board? Highly dubious.

Exactly. I checked the KLM website myself. I see the same pattern . There are flights by mid end of  october. Just a few fly directly from Amsterdam to Bangkok. 80 % by Air France over Paris. Also true that a Thai person gets acces to the Netherlands at the moment but not any  neighbouring Schengen countries. Belgium is already considering a new lockdown. Which means suppose France would be hit by a second wave a transit then is out of the question.Finland already refuses transit travelers with a non essential flight.  Not to mention how the Thai embassy in the Hague  would react. From posts on other websites I did read that they warn their own citizens to travel only if needed. Anyway thanks for the information. 

4 hours ago, jimone0 said:

Bangkok to Amsterdam has been open for some time I returned to Spain via Amsterdam 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the information. I have a few questions and hopefully you can help.

1)No delay or cancellation I hope?

2) Did you buy your return ticket at the airline website or with a travel agency?

3)Did you see if Thai people with a short stay visa (< 90 days)were refused on that flight? 

Hopefully you can help

There are a lot of flights leaving Bangkok for those who want to return to their home country.

QR has two (2) dailies to DOH, and connections to 40 other countries.

EK has at least weekly (maybe 3X) service to DXB with connections beyond.

ICN, TPE, NRT, HKG...Honestly too many too mention here.

It looks like KLM is operating AMS-BKK/BKK-HKG tag flight. Air France shows some CDG traffic, but not daily.

EK 448 shows as operating today DXB-BKK/BKK-AKL, although it hasn't departed DXB yet.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

EK 448 shows as operating today DXB-BKK/BKK-AKL, although it hasn't departed DXB yet.

I don't think this can be booked ex BKK, and the return goes through Brisbane instead.  EK373 weekly to Dubai has been the only Emirates one recently, but I can see more being added this week.

17 hours ago, treetops said:

I don't think this can be booked ex BKK, and the return goes through Brisbane instead.  EK373 weekly to Dubai has been the only Emirates one recently, but I can see more being added this week.

My guess was that this might serve as a repat flight for New Zealanders to return home? Maybe you need to contact the NZ embassy here to get approval for purchase? Or it's cargo-only in, and NZ pax/cargo out?

It looks like EK 448 did fly BKK-AKL last evening.

https://www.flightstats.com/v2/flight-tracker/EK/448?year=2020&month=07&date=23&flightId=1040706119

And, yes it does look like that metal turns at AKL to BNE then DXB as EK 449.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, treetops said:

Emirates now appear to have removed all the BKK flights they'd been selling for August.

What does "removed" mean in your lexicon?

Are you looking for a particular flight on a particular day? What is your destination?

BKK-DXB-???

Once you provide that detail we can sort out your issue.

Maybe ring up the Emirates CTO here for info?

After a quick search it does look like all inventory has been removed, but that could the result of pushing a scedhule update. Seeing flights as of 2 Sep. Maybe wait a few days and check again. Use Advanced search, one-way, +/-3 days.

That EK metal DXB-BKK (EK 448), does seem to continue to route to AKL, then return via BNE to DXB as EK 449.

Qatar Airways has flights, two (2) arrivals/departures yesterday, today. QR 830 just landed at SBIA/BKK.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What does "removed" mean in your lexicon?

No longer on sale.

A mate was due to fly next week to the UK (GLA) with them and his PNR disappeared off their system a few days ago.  I suspected this was due to the imminent cancellation of EK377 (IIRC) from BKK to DXB, as EK27 to GLA has been OK since it resumed.  I think what has now happened is Emirates realised they'd got to the point where they had to bite the bullet and cancel as it became apparent regular flights still weren't going to be allowed in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, treetops said:

No longer on sale.

A mate was due to fly next week to the UK (GLA) with them and his PNR disappeared off their system a few days ago.  I suspected this was due to the imminent cancellation of EK377 (IIRC) from BKK to DXB, as EK27 to GLA has been OK since it resumed.  I think what has now happened is Emirates realised they'd got to the point where they had to bite the bullet and cancel as it became apparent regular flights still weren't going to be allowed in.

The mate should ring the EK CTO to sort this out. See if they'll endorse the ticket on QR, at least get to LHR. Or try to fly Mon or Tue this week?

It does look like there is an EK flight for DXB-BKK, which flies on to AKL, and returns via BNA to DXB. 

But BKK-DXB does look scrubbed for August - but it does look like EK 385 is flying tomorrow and Tuesaday, on BKK-DXB.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

The mate should ring the EK CTO to sort this out. See if they'll endorse the ticket on QR, at least get to LHR. Or try to fly Mon or Tue this week?

It does look like there is an EK flight for DXB-BKK, which flies on to AKL, and returns via BNA to DXB. 

But BKK-DXB does look scrubbed for August - but it does look like EK 385 is flying tomorrow and Tuesaday, on BKK-DXB.

Worth a try but with the airspace ban on Qatar from the other Gulf countries just now that's not likely.

The AKL one is in the system to run 3x weekly until the end of August, and 2 BKK flights (one going on to PNH) to resume from 1st September, hopefully.

I can only see EK371 tomorrow which might do, even if it doesn't connect well with the GLA one.  I'll see if he's got anywhere yet and make sure he knows about it.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:58 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Yes they were all repatriation flights with Thais returning to he homeland, and not coming for a holiday before going back to whence they came......

considering that repatriation flights have often had COVID positive folks on them,, I would be reluctant to use a plane that flew one of those missions.  Can't be sure the cabin is cleaned of lingering virus by the ground crews still employed .

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Worth a try but with the airspace ban on Qatar from the other Gulf countries just now that's not likely.

This ban has been in place for ages, ~ 3 years, no clue why it would be an issue now?

Qatar has some options, long layover at DOH via QR 837 to QR 15 to LHR is 15,035 all in next week.

36 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

This ban has been in place for ages, ~ 3 years, no clue why it would be an issue now?

Qatar has some options, long layover at DOH via QR 837 to QR 15 to LHR is 15,035 all in next week.

The nations and hence their airlines just don't co-operate.  I had first hand experience of it towards the end of last year when I was refused a change from one to the other following a cancellation.  It's political to the top level is how I understand it.

I have suggested Qatar to him as he could get to EDI with them (with a short connection) but it seems he's now booked for early September with Emirates so fingers crossed for that one.

What he didn't realise until just now is the UAE have seemingly just introduced a requirement for a Covid test for all passengers before they board a flight which could be interesting.