Work permit domestic flight AirAsia

Looking to fly with AirAsia Bangkok to Udon Thani. My passport currently with agent and may not have back in time for flight. Difficult to contact AirAsia these days. Can I use my original work permit and copy passport for the flight? Thanks for any replies.

I've used a work permit to board flights on Air Asia before (Don Mueang to/from Khon Kaen). Granted, this was in 2017 and I had two Thai DLs (one car, one motorcycle) as backup.

In theory, it should be allowed as your WP is official, Thai govt. ID and proof of identity. That being said, I'd highly recommend you have a Thai DL or some other Thai govt. issued photo ID as backup.

Edited by CWA14
Spelling error(s) and word choice for clarity
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, CWA14 said:

I've used a work permit to board flights on Air Asia before (Don Mueang to/from Khon Kaen). Granted, this was in 2017 and I had two Thai DLs (one car, one motorcycle) as backup.

In theory, it should be allowed as your WP is official, Thai govt. ID and proof of identity. That being said, I'd highly recommend you have a Thai DL or some other Thai govt. issued photo ID as backup.

Cheers. I don't have a DL or other photo id so guess I'll try it with the WP and see what happens.

OP, bumping this as you have not received definitive reply. What you need is a recent report. 

I started flying with my Oz drivers license for domestic travel. All good.

Then some time ago the clerk at entry to departure lounge wanted my pp.

Maybe just inexperienced clerk. 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, bumping this as you have not received definitive reply. What you need is a recent report. 

I started flying with my Oz drivers license for domestic travel. All good.

Then some time ago the clerk at entry to departure lounge wanted my pp.

Maybe just inexperienced clerk. 

Cheers Doc. I rang nokair, they told me wp ok, Thai smile no, cannot contact AirAsia as it has that automated thingy which makes it almost impossible to get an answer.

Just now, johnny1966 said:

Cheers Doc. I rang nokair, they told me wp ok, Thai smile no, cannot contact AirAsia as it has that automated thingy which makes it almost impossible to get an answer

How frustrating. Coincidentally I fly often AirAsia to Udon often (pre covid) hope the guys in day night etc doing ok.

Someone will be along hopefully to confirm info for you.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How frustrating. Coincidentally I fly often AirAsia to Udon often (pre covid) hope the guys in day night etc doing ok.

Someone will be along hopefully to confirm info for you.

I'll check out day night for you.

• Thanks 1