Thailand’s CCSA to consider sixth phase of lockdown easing this week

webfact

Thailand’s CCSA to consider sixth phase of lockdown easing this week

09AB3E28-5F5A-4B7D-8580-30B5A6880510.jpe

The CCSA will meet mid-week to consider a sixth phase of lockdown restriction easing, by allowing the entry of foreign migrant workers, from Thailand’s neighboring countries, to ease the labour shortage and enable economic rehabilitation, said CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin on Sunday.

Relaxation of entry restrictions on certain foreign tourist arrivals, visitors to trade exhibitions and film crews will also be considered at the meeting, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, he said, adding that a subcommittee of the CCSA, headed by the Secretary-General of the National Security Council, will meet Monday or Tuesday to consider whether the state of emergency will be extended again.

Thailand reported three new COVID-19 cases today, all in state quarantine. One is a 60-year old Thai office worker, who returned from Singapore before entering state quarantine.  An asymptomatic case, he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 17th.

Full story:  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-ccsa-to-consider-sixth-phase-of-lockdown-easing-this-week/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Haha 1

Non-O Retirement still not allowed in... that is effed up. Seriously. Think about it. There cannot be that many Non-O retirees out of Thailand right now. Why not let this surely small group back in? This just seems malicious now.... And I thought that the Elite Visa was not eligible for a work permit... see the chart. 

imageproxy.jpg

Edited by Tounge Thaied
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Deli said:

Migrant workers in with millions of Thais out of work and money ?

Don't get this one...

Thais are too expensive, the Elite has to maximize their profits by using migrant workers who are willing to work all day in the heat for 200THB.

Edited by jackdd

call me when they stop requiring masks on the bts/mrt/malls/stores....

oh that's right, the 2 months without any cases means that there are still a lot of asymptomatic people, i.e. no evidence is the evidence...huh??

dont mind that the CDC says that an respiratory virus outbreak can be considered over after 2 incubation periods(for covid that's 1 month) without a case

the WHO defines an Ebola outbreak after 42 days from the last case....

based on the per capita covid numbers here, its only an outbreak, not an epidemic...

but these facts dont panic people, so pay no attention to them...

the best way to get new cases in thailand is to start l;etting people in

11 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

My thoughts exactly .thousands of thai's without work. Sort their own out first

You don’t get it.  The migrant workers are here because they will do the work that Thai’s will not do for wages that are lower. They are not taking jobs away from Thai’s by allowing these people back.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gilltom said:

My thoughts exactly .thousands of thai's without work. Sort their own out first

I remember years ago when the government was doing one of their periodic crackdowns a street vendor said she couldn't afford to hire a Thai.

Migrant workers are not subject to minimum wage.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Guderian said:

90% of Thais want a complete ban on foreign arrivals, and I assume this includes migrant workers, so it sounds to me like the government is playing with fire in more ways than one. When there was so much genuine public dismay after the C19 near-misses in Rayong and Bangkok (fingers crossed that they stay near-misses after the 14-day incubation period is over), the Thai people won't be  very happy if the government turns the country into Singapore Mark II, at least in terms of the never-ending cases of C19 among migrant workers.

I don't think the thai people equate franags foreigners with those  fro surrounding countries who severs them and do the low paid jobs thais snub their noses at...

Simple reasoning, if you have a Thai Elite visa, you have money to spend and are not a financial burden on the Thai government, so it makes sense Elite is allowed in before Non-Imm visa who are not married to Thais.

If you cannot afford an Elite visa..........wait........your turn will come, later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I thought there were thousands of out-of work Thais?

But I guess we all know the reasons why migrant labour is needed !!

Yes, Thai's will not do manual labor.  Just like the migrant farm workers are used in the US.  Laziness and greed by the owners and handlers.  Why kick the money down to the workers when it needs to go up in order to win the project.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It is all about cheap labor even cheaper that what the Thais are paid. With all the roads being built throughout the country these projects produces large red envelops for the leaders larger than any group of bar owners will ever receive.

The the major point having the Emergency gives and maintain the control it is a legal method used better than calling it Communist decree?????

So what is the six phase of easing?

Minimum wage is the same for Thais and migrant workers, the latter also need accommodation or camps on top. The difference is rather that there are some jobs that Thais prefer not to do – some jobs are to my knowledge considered low status – but of course also the level of wage, above minimum, can be a reason...????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

That was my initial thought as well but the simple answer is that migrant workers are cheaper to employ. I've been travelling around the country for several days and the amount of roadworks with hardly anyone actually working is very noticeable.

Plus migrant workers do not demonstrate against the Government!

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Surely, political reasons aside, there is no logical reason to extend this state of emergency ?

The nearby countries, who have either fared better then Thailand, or been on par with Thailand, in regards to the virus, did not need an state of emergency in their countries. 

Concrete proof that it is solely about complete control, and avoiding mass demonstrations from civilians, unhappy with the current governments performance over their 6 "unelected" years.

Hit the nail on the head cartoon Royalty Free Vector Image

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Minimum wage is the same for Thais and migrant workers

I beg to differ...

The Thai minimum wage set by the government is around 330 baht per day [no hours stipulated]

As a migrant you get what the boss pays you.

Next to my home is a new apartment/shop construction... 20 units

4 floors with a shop on the ground floor, Myanmarese migrants are the main employees.. 
they are being paid 280 baht for a 10 hour day 08:00-18:00. 6 day week
Sunday is overtime same flat rate... 

• Like 1