Thailand’s CCSA to consider sixth phase of lockdown easing this week

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

ease the labour shortage

Yep The Thais work 30 min The rest the rest of the day they "Rest" 

Allowing the entry of foreign migrant workers means that the Foreign workers Take a 30 Min Rest and work the rest of the day.  See this on all work sites .  

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I beg to differ...

The Thai minimum wage set by the government is around 330 baht per day [no hours stipulated]

As a migrant you get what the boss pays you.

Next to my home is a new apartment/shop construction... 20 units

4 floors with a shop on the ground floor, Myanmarese migrants are the main employees.. 
they are being paid 280 baht for a 10 hour day 08:00-18:00. 6 day week
Sunday is overtime same flat rate... 

Minimum wage is set by province from 313 baht a day to 336 baht a day at the moment.

The building constructor next to your home seems to be underpaying – and how long time is the lunch brak, which is normally not included in the work-time? – but the migrant workers might however still be happy to earn more than at home.

I haven't yet heard that Sunday work normally is considered overtime in Thailand, whilst many are happy to make an extra day's income. A number of companies still have two days off a month, could for example be every second Sunday, and minimum monthly wage is calculated from works days...????

You have the right to the minimum wage in Thailand. You are entitled to the same wage as Thai nationals doing the same job. From January 2013, the daily minimum wage is 300 Thai baht (THB) throughout Thailand.

Source: "Travel smart - work smart : a guide for migrant workers in Thailand".

5 hours ago, Deli said:

Migrant workers in with millions of Thais out of work and money ?

Don't get this one...

with the exit of filthy foreign tourists mangdas will have no income now, however they are now to busy making rice whisky and selling ya ba to become common labourers.

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Surely, political reasons aside, there is no logical reason to extend this state of emergency ?

The nearby countries, who have either fared better then Thailand, or been on par with Thailand, in regards to the virus, did not need an state of emergency in their countries. 

Concrete proof that it is solely about complete control, and avoiding mass demonstrations from civilians, unhappy with the current governments performance over their 6 "unelected" years.

Can you tell me what the state of emergency does. Since the local village check-point was stopped everything around here is as normal.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Surely, political reasons aside, there is no logical reason to extend this state of emergency ?

The nearby countries, who have either fared better then Thailand, or been on par with Thailand, in regards to the virus, did not need an state of emergency in their countries. 

Concrete proof that it is solely about complete control, and avoiding mass demonstrations from civilians, unhappy with the current governments performance over their 6 "unelected" years.

Couldn't agree more - if there are ZERO cases of "home grown Covid" then there is only ONE reason for this continued "State of Emergency" (And it's nothing to do with the forecasted ""Second Wave" (read "ripple"))

Conspiracy Theory:- Demonstrations against the Government escalate, there is a sudden surge/cluster of Covid cases in "Thingamyburi" and hey ho, we're all in lockdown again!

• Thanks 2

The population should be aware of the unrealistic fear created as extremely few have actually died with ( not because ) the virus.

Many famous intelligent people ( like JFK and Dwight Eisenhower ) have stated openly that we should be careful not to give up our freedoms for a little security. I wonder if the lessons of 9/11 have been learnt?

• Like 1

A little off subject maybe, but last night while watching U.K. tv, I was shocked to see an advert for "Visit Amazing Thailand".

This is the first I have seen since the breakout of CV19.

There maybe a little light flickering at the end of the tourist tunnel. ????️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Anna Rak said:

A little off subject maybe, but last night while watching U.K. tv, I was shocked to see an advert for "Visit Amazing Thailand".

This is the first I have seen since the breakout of CV19.

There maybe a little light flickering at the end of the tourist tunnel. ????️

If that is in fact true then you have a better chance of flying there than we have in oz, we are locked up tight and cannot go anywhere, oz was originally a convict nation, not much has changed it seems ☺

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

Minimum wage is the same for Thais and migrant workers, the latter also need accommodation or camps on top. The difference is rather that there are some jobs that Thais prefer not to do – some jobs are to my knowledge considered low status – but of course also the level of wage, above minimum, can be a reason...????

Maybe you know something I don't but ATTABOY Chan O, made the minimum wages optional!  Maybe it is the way it is in Bangkok or even with the larger project but the majority are much smaller jobs here in Pattaya I know a number of project a lot of homes being built where the workers are illegals and certainly not getting the minimum. Many if not all of these smaller project, on site they put up tin can shacks, dig a hole for toilet, bring in drums to fill with water for the mixing of cement and bathing.

Before the virus my brother applied for a marriage visa on the day of the interview a Immigration vehicle pull up it was humorous to watch next door house being built how many scrambled.????

9 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It is all about cheap labor even cheaper that what the Thais are paid. With all the roads being built throughout the country these projects produces large red envelops for the leaders larger than any group of bar owners will ever receive.

The the major point having the Emergency gives and maintain the control it is a legal method used better than calling it Communist decree?????

So what is the six phase of easing?

6th phase will cover migrant workers in the construction business and food export industry, foreign visitors who co-organise trade exhibitions, foreign visitors in film production crews, and foreign travelers who are members of the Thailand Elite Card

6th phase.jpg

Edited by i84teen

31 minutes ago, i84teen said:

6th phase will cover migrant workers in the construction business and food export industry, foreign visitors who co-organise trade exhibitions, foreign visitors in film production crews, and foreign travelers who are members of the Thailand Elite Card

6th phase.jpg

Thanks maybe I can qualify for Number 4, Youtube counts?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Maybe you know something I don't but ATTABOY Chan O, made the minimum wages optional!  Maybe it is the way it is in Bangkok or even with the larger project but the majority are much smaller jobs here in Pattaya I know a number of project a lot of homes being built where the workers are illegals and certainly not getting the minimum. Many if not all of these smaller project, on site they put up tin can shacks, dig a hole for toilet, bring in drums to fill with water for the mixing of cement and bathing.

Before the virus my brother applied for a marriage visa on the day of the interview a Immigration vehicle pull up it was humorous to watch next door house being built how many scrambled.????

Illegal migrant workers are not covered by the regulations.

The kind of camp you talk about is about the same as for many legally employed construction workers, both Thais and migrants. Often a few, could be a few families, will live at the construction site, instead of in a camp, to protect building materials from not walking away at night...????

• Haha 1

Many from India come with huge production teams. And as you know the virus is completely out of control there. 

It will be open to abuse. I have friends in India, who are desperate to get out. Dubai is currently the only avenue open to them, and that is too expensive for them. They will flock to Thailand. 

Very dangerous. 

On 7/20/2020 at 9:17 AM, southcoast said:

Its FA to do with the virus, take off those rose tinted glasses, its controlling the people at the end of the day...WAKE UP!

So you are one of those smart farang  "I dont need to mask" brigade are you? Thailand dos not need your snotty western attitute, that, by the way, is likking thousands in thr US as we speak.