Security agencies to monitor anti-government student activities

webfact

Security agencies to monitor anti-government student activities

%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%9B%E0%

Thai security officers are keeping a close watch on the political activities of the Union of Thai Students, after the group held an anti-government protest at the Democracy Monument in Bangkok on Saturday, followed by similar protests in the northern province of Chiang Mai and in Ubon Ratchathani in the northeast on Sunday.

Informed security sources said today that the yesterday’s protest at the Democracy Monument was just to test the strength of the protest, adding that a larger protest is anticipated in the next two weeks.

The protesters are demanding the dissolution of Parliament, a new Constitution and an end to government harassment of people who disagree with it. Lt-Gen Kongchee Tantravanich, spokesman for the Defence Ministry, said today that the students have the right to hold protests, but the protests must be within the limits of the law, adding that Thai security services are concerned with the safety of the protesters, in wake of COVID-19 pandemic, and reminded the protesters to abide strictly by health measures.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/security-agencies-to-monitor-anti-government-student-activities/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, smedly said:

they don't like you or want you

get over it

maybe you can arrest them all and give them some adjustment Chinese Style........or Thai style, pretty much the same thing

Your military junta is finished - you had a chance to make a difference and failed

The Thai people are fed up with this.....................go

Yep criminals 

Freedom has a cost,  usually paid for in blood, broken lives and dead bodies.  One can only hope that the freedom they seek is worth the cost....and what follows is not more of the same type of despotism,  corruption and greed. 

• Like 1

I guess the uniformed elderlies do not want this to get more international attention.

They will just do some tests again, discover the virus is alive and kickin....opening of the 2nd wave.  

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

I'm sure there is nothing unusual in this. I'm sure other countries' security agencies do it as well.

Yes, I believe you are correct, as they all fear the voice of the people.