Trump says Confederate flag proud symbol of U.S. South

webfact

An offensive post has been removed.

A post using multi quotes has been removed:

Forum Netiquette:

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes. 

its part of the history and past,you cant just delete history and heritage,some say traitors well they said that of the first rebellion the successful one.many in the south thought they were fighting the same fight,they saw the north as the oppressor.you cant put 2020s leftist ideology into the 1860s thats just plain dumb,consider what the heroes of the north did when it was over-grant sheridan[he who said only good injuns a dead injun fame],custer died on his bid for the white house!thats history too.a dark bloody story of land grabs and genocide,but they were the good guys!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

its part of the history and past,you cant just delete history and heritage,some say traitors well they said that of the first rebellion the successful one.many in the south thought they were fighting the same fight,they saw the north as the oppressor.you cant put 2020s leftist ideology into the 1860s thats just plain dumb,consider what the heroes of the north did when it was over-grant sheridan[he who said only good injuns a dead injun fame],custer died on his bid for the white house!thats history too.a dark bloody story of land grabs and genocide,but they were the good guys!

You may not be able to apply leftist ideology to the 1860's but you can certainly apply abolitionist ideology.

• Like 2

Funny how the Confederate Flag that stood for the Southern States is a symbol of racism even though the Civil War was over states rights and tariffs not slavery but the flag below somehow does not stand for racial preference and racism. 

Black Lives Matter flag flying at Levi's Stadium - YouTube

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Why Trump supports the C flag because if given the chance, he would support segregation and slavery...

while I don’t completely support the removal of all confederate statues, I do see how they reinforce the beliefs and values of uneducated southerners   and northerners (38 states have statues) who refuse to let go of the past...

I just don’t think their removal will change the current thinking of white nationalists...the issue is much bigger than the presence of physical objects....

I heard a statement the other day which I cannot disagree with...the south lost the war but won the peace...most of the statues were erected not after the war but during the Crow years and 1900s civil right movements...it’s all about identity and a threat to one’s belief system and the refusal to let go of social inequality.

Edited by cardinalblue