Trump says Confederate flag proud symbol of U.S. South

webfact

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Always wanted a '69 Charger in bright orange with a confederate flag on the roof. Can just imagine blasting down the dusty Tennessee back country roads, maybe hop a creek or 2, even a few yeehaws for good measure. Good to know Trump approves!

If any flag should be banned, and the idea is ridiculous, it should be the hammer and sickle flag. You know the symbol of strict leftism that killed millions. But they are not going to like that! 

And Daisy, don't 4get Daisy. ????

daisy.jpg

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

I grew up with the "Conferate Flag'..... IT IS MY HISTORY.... I'm 80 years old and white..... Although I love my past and statues of Robert E. Lee and Christopher Columbus and confererate Generals..... THEY ARE HISTORY..... And what a 'lousy bunch' are now trying to destroy them..... AND..... MOST OF ALL.... I love America... I love the red white and blue..... AND I 'Challenge' any who don't love 'it'.......... TO LEAVE IT.....       stop ALL THE DISRUPTIVE PROTESTS, and try to blend in.... Work a little and make something of youselves BEFOREYOU WANT OR EXPECT 'OUR' RESPECT..... Screw black lives matter (admittedly COMMUNIST backed)..... My life matters..... Your life matters...... and it is not about the color of your skin -- BUT it may have something to do whether you wear your pants below your 'crotch or up around your waist....

While I do respect your passion for history, you should embrace the new present and listen to voice of the majority which is the bedrock of a true democracy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/majority-back-removing-confederate-statues-but-split-on-renaming-bases-poll

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Perhaps it will depend on how the Cov 9 turns out in next few months.  I like how he backs our military and blue lives matter.  He is obnocus at times, but things within his control he gets it done.  This sounds terrible, however true is that Obama was well educated but incompetent. Obama needed Biden as his "errand white boy".  Its possible most americans can put up with obnocous(spelling) vs someone incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Whatever comes to be.....I hope our country will heal quickly and people will learn we are not so different from one another.  Big cities, don't see that.  Really Sad.

Time for this old fart to go to bed.  Everyone have a good nite or good day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Americanborn said:

Perhaps it will depend on how the Cov 9 turns out in next few months.  I like how he backs our military and blue lives matter.  He is obnocus at times, but things within his control he gets it done.  This sounds terrible, however true is that Obama was well educated but incompetent. Obama needed Biden as his "errand white boy".  Its possible most americans can put up with obnocous(spelling) vs someone incompetent.

Its possible most americans

SORRY    Americanborn....... 'America' should be 'capitalized with a capital 'A'...... I am American and love my country and never fail to capitalize country names.... ESPECIALLY MY OWN COUNTRY.......

17 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

While I do respect your passion for history, you should embrace the new present and listen to voice of the majority which is the bedrock of a true democracy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/majority-back-removing-confederate-statues-but-split-on-renaming-bases-poll

Are you basing anything in your reply on.........FOX NEWS...... ????????

• Haha 1

The current President of the US is a man that is unfit for office due to a number of reasons.  That he turns a blind eye to overt racism is just against all tenets of basic human rights.  That alone should have him ousted from office this November when the election takes place.  Will America re-elect this racist President?

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

And for those who can't be bothered to read but still find it funny, 3 countries mentioned in the article, 3 quotes.

Ireland "But the Red Hand Defenders, a right-wing paramilitary organization in Ireland, still brandishes the Confederate flag because of its potent political symbolism."

Brazil "Dancers clad in antebellum and Civil War attire square dance to American country music on an enormous stage emblazoned with the Confederate flag"

Germany "For Neo-Nazis in Germany, the white supremacy embedded in Confederate iconography is useful. It’s a stand-in for the Nazi swastika, which has been banned in Germany since the Holocaust. And during Civil War reenactments in Germany, Germans who side with the South are often acting out “Nazi fantasies of racial superiority,” ".

I did read the full article .. and in some case .. it was just seen as 'American' and 'kitch' ... Anti establishment ... a rebel .. etc ...

But yes ... in 80% (?) I would say it was associated with (far) right wing.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Exactly. And when he goes off script (which happens almost daily) you clearly see that his mind doesn't contain much at all. When he has one of his stream-of-(un)consciousness speeches ramblings it's painfully apparent that he has a dim intellect, an incurious mind and the personality of a 10 year old bully boy.

Very scientific, make sure to have your essay published.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sure that flag and the monuments mean many things to many people.  I get that white people on the South are proud of their distinctive (notorious?) place in American history.  Others may see it as a cringe worthy symbol of uncouth rednecks. I get why blacks would see it as a sign of oppression.  I also get the why current military leaders see it as a homage to men who broke their oath to their country ... traitors if you will.  So what view is right?  The thing is that there is a small group of people that believe their view is the only enlightened opinion and that everyone else must follow ... no discussion, no exploration of others views etc.  That seldom works to move things forward to a better place.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Maybe the English had it right---after fighting with your neighbors....... incorporate their flag into yours.

Each of the defeated Confederate States have a ‘star’ on ‘Old Glory’.

Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia each also get a stripe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Each of the defeated Confederate States have a ‘star’ on ‘Old Glory’.

Doesn't a star represent each state Chomper..........

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia each also get a stripe.

I didn't know that---I think I was probably taught wrong at school...they told us the strips had something to do with Brits in America...cant remember what---long time.

50 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Doesn't a star represent each state Chomper..........

I didn't know that---I think I was probably taught wrong at school...they told us the strips had something to do with Brits in America...cant remember what---long time.

1. Yes.

2. The stripes are the original 13 Colonies, not technically States but geographically the same as the later states.

• Like 1

Watch this movie to get a feel for the KKK's reality. Burden, Mike Burden is the real name of the man who really did help establish something called the Redneck Shop https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/movie-tells-the-true-story-of-a-klansman-who-found-redemption-through-a-black-preacher/2020/02/29/f8452dba-58e5-11ea-9b35-def5a027d470_story.html?arc404=true

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

That sort of contradicts the actions which trump has taken and even some of his rhetoric, this especially against an American war hero, John McCain, whom he denigrated on a few occasions.

He also pardoned some soldiers for "war crimes" and more recently reinstated a soldier who was convicted of killing an injured combatant, and the soldier was described as, "an animal" by some of his team members.

And if you really want to see how the military thinks of trump, then plenty out there if you want to look for it, but I have included a few excerpts for you......

Trump’s Actions Rattle the Military World: ‘I Can’t Support the Man’
The president’s threat to use troops against largely peaceful protesters, as well as other attempts to politicize the military, have unsettled a number of current and former members and their families.

Why Trump loves the US military – but it doesn't love him back
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/13/donald-trump-us-military-generals-west-point 

Trump’s war crimes pardons show how little the commander in chief understands the American military.

President Donald Trump’s pardoning of three service members convicted or accused of war crimes has been decried for eroding military discipline and tainting the country’s image. But the action also indicates that the commander in chief knows little about the U.S. armed forces or the wars they’ve been fighting.

Add ‘Bountygate’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many cities along America's Gulf Coast have flown many different flags during their storied history. 

To remove even one...is to distort and remove historical accuracy...

Grow up and get over your need to be seen as a martyr and victim!

Screenshot_20200720-053221_Drive.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Many cities along America's Gulf Coast have flown many different flags during their storied history. 

To remove even one...is to distort and remove historical accuracy...

Grow up and get over your need to be seen as a martyr and victim!

Screenshot_20200720-053221_Drive.jpg

Your post begs the question, who is it acting the ‘Martyr/Victim’?!

• Like 2