BANGKOK
webfact

Trump says Confederate flag proud symbol of U.S. South

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Always wanted a '69 Charger in bright orange with a confederate flag on the roof. Can just imagine blasting down the dusty Tennessee back country roads, maybe hop a creek or 2, even a few yeehaws for good measure. Good to know Trump approves!

If any flag should be banned, and the idea is ridiculous, it should be the hammer and sickle flag. You know the symbol of strict leftism that killed millions. But they are not going to like that! 

And Daisy, don't 4get Daisy. 🙂

daisy.jpg

• Haha 1

Trumps speaks his mind, sometimes to much.  Biden nice guy.  Its possible Biden gets trounced or maybe squeaks out a close one.

12 minutes ago, kensawadee said:

I grew up with the "Conferate Flag'..... IT IS MY HISTORY.... I'm 80 years old and white..... Although I love my past and statues of Robert E. Lee and Christopher Columbus and confererate Generals..... THEY ARE HISTORY..... And what a 'lousy bunch' are now trying to destroy them..... AND..... MOST OF ALL.... I love America... I love the red white and blue..... AND I 'Challenge' any who don't love 'it'.......... TO LEAVE IT.....       stop ALL THE DISRUPTIVE PROTESTS, and try to blend in.... Work a little and make something of youselves BEFOREYOU WANT OR EXPECT 'OUR' RESPECT..... Screw black lives matter (admittedly COMMUNIST backed)..... My life matters..... Your life matters...... and it is not about the color of your skin -- BUT it may have something to do whether you wear your pants below your 'crotch or up around your waist....

While I do respect your passion for history, you should embrace the new present and listen to voice of the majority which is the bedrock of a true democracy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/majority-back-removing-confederate-statues-but-split-on-renaming-bases-poll

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Perhaps it will depend on how the Cov 9 turns out in next few months.  I like how he backs our military and blue lives matter.  He is obnocus at times, but things within his control he gets it done.  This sounds terrible, however true is that Obama was well educated but incompetent. Obama needed Biden as his "errand white boy".  Its possible most americans can put up with obnocous(spelling) vs someone incompetent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Whatever comes to be.....I hope our country will heal quickly and people will learn we are not so different from one another.  Big cities, don't see that.  Really Sad.

Time for this old fart to go to bed.  Everyone have a good nite or good day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Americanborn said:

Perhaps it will depend on how the Cov 9 turns out in next few months.  I like how he backs our military and blue lives matter.  He is obnocus at times, but things within his control he gets it done.  This sounds terrible, however true is that Obama was well educated but incompetent. Obama needed Biden as his "errand white boy".  Its possible most americans can put up with obnocous(spelling) vs someone incompetent.

Its possible most americans

SORRY    Americanborn....... 'America' should be 'capitalized with a capital 'A'...... I am American and love my country and never fail to capitalize country names.... ESPECIALLY MY OWN COUNTRY.......

17 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

While I do respect your passion for history, you should embrace the new present and listen to voice of the majority which is the bedrock of a true democracy. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/majority-back-removing-confederate-statues-but-split-on-renaming-bases-poll

Are you basing anything in your reply on.........FOX NEWS...... ????????

• Haha 1

The current President of the US is a man that is unfit for office due to a number of reasons.  That he turns a blind eye to overt racism is just against all tenets of basic human rights.  That alone should have him ousted from office this November when the election takes place.  Will America re-elect this racist President?

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

And for those who can't be bothered to read but still find it funny, 3 countries mentioned in the article, 3 quotes.

Ireland "But the Red Hand Defenders, a right-wing paramilitary organization in Ireland, still brandishes the Confederate flag because of its potent political symbolism."

Brazil "Dancers clad in antebellum and Civil War attire square dance to American country music on an enormous stage emblazoned with the Confederate flag"

Germany "For Neo-Nazis in Germany, the white supremacy embedded in Confederate iconography is useful. It’s a stand-in for the Nazi swastika, which has been banned in Germany since the Holocaust. And during Civil War reenactments in Germany, Germans who side with the South are often acting out “Nazi fantasies of racial superiority,” ".

I did read the full article .. and in some case .. it was just seen as 'American' and 'kitch' ... Anti establishment ... a rebel .. etc ...

But yes ... in 80% (?) I would say it was associated with (far) right wing.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Exactly. And when he goes off script (which happens almost daily) you clearly see that his mind doesn't contain much at all. When he has one of his stream-of-(un)consciousness speeches ramblings it's painfully apparent that he has a dim intellect, an incurious mind and the personality of a 10 year old bully boy.

Very scientific, make sure to have your essay published.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

Some troll posts and replies have been removed.