Flying out of Thailand

yourauntbob

23 hours ago, yourauntbob said:

Upon review there was an overstay card but the stamp on Thai simply says that no issues as overstay was due to covid (wife read).  Attached is a picture of the card.

This card is about a 90 day report, not about overstay. I guess this was put in your passport by your local immigration office and you just didn't see it until now. You probably didn't do your 90 day report on 29th June, for which they could have fined you. If you had removed this peace of paper before handing your passport to them nobody would have noticed.

Can you post a picture of the stamp?

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

Any covid precautions arriving in Qatar?

According to Qatar airways web site: if you have experienced symptoms of covid 19 within the past 14 days, required not to travel. 

But apparently this is an honor system? And does not address covid asymptomatic adults/teenagers with mild or no disease symptoms. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You probably didn't do your 90 day report on 29th June, for which they could have fined you. If you had removed this peace of paper before handing your passport to them nobody would have noticed.

90 day reporting requirements were suspended during the amnesty, so he wouldn't have been fined - and airport immigration doesn't enforce 90 day report issues in any case, even during normal times.

• Like 2

i left  last week Wednesday with klm went through immergration  and also the io took me to another desk after her terminal 

This io officer took my passport took out the immergration exit  card and stamped me out wrote under the stamp in small letters due to covis no overstay .

he explained that if all goes better can use my o visa again to get in but we wait and see .

why i left have work again  wait and see how to get in again

probabley a long wait .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

This card is about a 90 day report, not about overstay. I guess this was put in your passport by your local immigration office and you just didn't see it until now. You probably didn't do your 90 day report on 29th June, for which they could have fined you. If you had removed this peace of paper before handing your passport to them nobody would have noticed.

Dear @yourauntbob, really appreciate your report. Some of us have comments and questions. It would be great if you'd follow up. See jackdd's comment and question above. I'm curious of your reply to his assertion and question.

I'd like to know how crowded the planes were and the Doha airport.  I'm not really wanting to leave Thailand as there would be a major increase to my cost of living and there aren't any/many jobs available to us dudes over 65. But, I'd really like to know how crowded they are (and did the flight attendants really wear hazmat suits the whole way)?

Did they serve drinks and meals as normal?

Thanks

Edited by AgMech Cowboy

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

Would be interesting to compare.

I have seen a "Covid-19" stamp on the net from a German guy.covid19stamp.jpg.4c817b29573f57e2c031272f02cf0265.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

The temporary immigration office for those foreigners living in Bangkok who are required to do the 90 day reporting is in the new buildings of the Police Investigation Bureau at Muang Thong Thani (side entrance near the SCG building) Take the 166 bus from the Victory Monument to get to Muang Thong Thani. Note the 90 reporting must be done.

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

90 day reporting requirements were suspended during the amnesty, so he wouldn't have been fined - and airport immigration doesn't enforce 90 day report issues in any case, even during normal times.

The paper shown by OP was about 90 days reports not about overstay. It shows the normal fines for not doing the report. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

The paper shown by OP was about 90 days reports not about overstay. It shows the normal fines for not doing the report. 

Yes, he showed a document that was not connected with what he was talking about. I'm simply pointing out that the reporting requirement has been held in abeyance during the amnesty, so the pre-printed information on the 90 day slip isn't in force at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May 1st.

I went to the airport, checked my luggage, went through immigration, got on the aeroplane, the aeroplane took off.

No different to any other departure except that the airport was virtually empty and I couldn't buy a coffee for 16baht.

Nearly forgot:

There were a bunch of airport people, at the entrance to the terminal, with various items of thermal measuring gear.

None of it was switched on, nobody pointed a hand held thermometer at me, one of them put a little red sticker dot on my shirt.

Just another "screened", COVID free visitor departing Thailand.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

Interesting report to read. Did you see any Thai people leave for a short stay visit to the UK or Schengen areas. Or did you notice that some were stopped. The reason I ask is that I read unconfirmed reports that some Thais with a valid short stay Schengen visa are being stopped by airlines. I do realize that in the current situation a Thai citizen doing this cannot use the return bus has to report at Thai embassy. Anyway any information would be welcomed. Glad you didn't have to pay for overstay. 

I flew Swiss on 1st July, B777-300 ER, BKK-ZRH (non-stop), Economy, departure @23:30 hrs .

• Bought the ticket 4 weeks before the flight, on-line via Swiss website. When looked again, 5 days before the flight, the price actually fell for about £10. But the ticket price was good anyway: it was a one-way flight BKK to ZRH, then a transfer to another Swiss flight to a SW European country ...the total cost was £420. The ticket was "flexi" in case of flight cancellation or change (at no extra cost), but no money refund option. If I remember right, BKK-ZRH only, was about £370 (but not sure really). 
  • Baggage was 23kg permitted + 8kg hand baggage (but no-one checked the hand baggage weight) + additional "small item" (such as laptop bag, etc).
  • Almost no crowd in the BKK airport (late PM arrival), very sparse indeed.
  • Few shops and restaurants open (but not all) before the departure check (17:00-22:00), and just 1-2 shops open at 23:00 hrs after the security check point...
  • Thai immigration formalities were smooth, passport just checked after electronic record, fingerprints and finally stamped-out. Waiting time 5-10 mins tops.
  • There were people from all over the world it seemed to me, many transferring to other Swiss flights. There was a Thai lady flying to Switzerland who sat in my row, she had a residence permit there... she did not mention any "bureaucracy" problems with the immigration or airline.
  • The flight was delayed for about 20 mins, it was full, no particular social distancing, but almost all wore the masks (most of the time).
  • I was lucky as there was an unoccupied seat next to mine (window seat, so more comfort) in a three-seat row, towards the back of the plane.
  • We all had to fill-in a form given in the airplane and hand it in back to the flight attendants - the form was about the flight details and residential addresses in the next 2-3 weeks post-flight. This is in case there is a need to trace the C-19 positive contacts.
  • The flight itself was smooth, service good, main meals (lunch +breakfast) were prepacked (choice of chicken, veg meal, omelette) but nothing special, plus choice of deserts & yogurt was good, drinks too (vine, beer, coke, hot beverages...) plus unlimited fruit & hot drinks during the flight...
  • Arrived on-time ZRH airport looked a bit deserted up to 10am...then some activity, but way too low to the usual  airport "buzz"...

So all in all, good & would recommend Swiss.

Edited by McArie
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 11:27 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

Dear @yourauntbob, really appreciate your report. Some of us have comments and questions. It would be great if you'd follow up. See jackdd's comment and question above. I'm curious of your reply to his assertion and question.

I'd like to know how crowded the planes were and the Doha airport.  I'm not really wanting to leave Thailand as there would be a major increase to my cost of living and there aren't any/many jobs available to us dudes over 65. But, I'd really like to know how crowded they are (and did the flight attendants really wear hazmat suits the whole way)?

@AgMech CowboySorry, I have not had a chance to return to the thread, been busy getting settled.

The first plane we took was about 70% full, there were for sure some empty seats but far from empty (in coach at least).  There was enough room for the third person in our section (3 across) to move so we (my wife and I) had a seat between us to use.  Id say most sections of 3 seats had 2 people.  A few had a row to themselves but not many.  The second flight from Qatar to Chicago was close to empty.  Just about everyone had a section of 3 seats to themselves (with a few exceptions).  

The flight staff had masks and shields for most of the trip when walking the isles.  When i would go back to stretch my legs (and refresh my drink) they typically had the mask down as they spoke with one another. Would scurry to cover up for appearance sake.   Im not sure if it was because the second flight was empty, but the staff really didnt say much when i was in my seat without the shield on.  I did see them comment to people who were walking up or down the isles to put a face covering on (which i always did as to not cause a argument).  

There was no temperature check at any of the airports pre or post boarding.  Upon arrival in Chicago there was no questions asked about where we have been or have we had fever or anything really.  In all the airports I was bare face and not a single time did anyone say anything to me about it.  I was told at each gate i would need to put one on to board the plane and it should remain on during the flight unless eating or drinking.  The vast majority of people in the airport did have face coverings but i did see a few who were also walking without a mask.  

Im happy to address any other specific questions if something wasnt covered.   

Edit: almost forgot, the weirdest thing was that after all the hype of social distancing etc, when we arrived in DOHA they jammed half the passengers into two shuttles instead of docking at a gate.  This made no sense to me since the airport was empty and there were plenty of gates open.  

IMG_20200722_110714759.jpg

Edited by yourauntbob
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...