How can I find a Live in nanny in Chiang Mai

Karim83kz

Ask friends and neighbors who already have nannies or maids to ask them if they have friends or relatives who are looking for nanny work.  Being that you are single and assuming you want nothing more than a nanny, I would suggest looking for a Burmese lady.  They are less likely to want to develop a romantic relationship with you.  Burmese are more likely to see the job for what it is and not as an opportunity to hook a farang into a relationship..  

If you don't find a nanny by checking with your friends and neighbors nannies or maids, try going to some restaurants that have Burmese staff and chat them up to see if they have knowledge of anyone who may be interested. 

Good luck 

• Like 2

How much are you willing to pay, how old is the child... what are the duties? is English language a necessity? That will severely limit choices... and likely pay scale too? what age range? 

You can answer here or pm me - - there are numerous people now w/o work... and i could ask around if I know what you are looking for... also - where are you? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kenk24 said:

How much are you willing to pay, how old is the child... what are the duties? is English language a necessity? That will severely limit choices... and likely pay scale too? what age range? 

You can answer here or pm me - - there are numerous people now w/o work... and i could ask around if I know what you are looking for... also - where are you? 

From the research I have done, I found Burmese nannies would be 8-12,000. I would be willing to pay higher still, for the right candidate. My child is 8 months old. I want the nanny to live in house. She would need to be willing to do pretty much any duty associated with taking care of a child. I will also be there to help but I effectively need a replacement parent, for when I’m not there. I do need her to have some ability to speak English. I’m not expecting her to help my 8 month old with her homework, so it doesn’t have to be fluent. I would appreciate any help you can give ????????????

• 3 months later...

"I’m not expecting her to help my 8 month old with her homework..."

Sounds like you are not very experienced with this. What "homework" did you think an 8-month-old infant would be doing? And did you think an infant would go to school? 

Near Meechok Plaza is a manpower agency called Best Power. Click on the link below and then click on the photo in the upper left. You will see the banner. 

Best Power

The shophouse is open but not sure how much business they are doing as the lion's share (or all) of their prior business was foreign contract workers from neighboring countries. They could find someone for you. 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:10 AM, Karim83kz said:

From the research I have done, I found Burmese nannies would be 8-12,000. I would be willing to pay higher still, for the right candidate.

I hired myself a Thai live in gf to help look after my kid.

Works out quite well at 10k/month.

One idea might be to look around and see if there are any neighbours with children a similar age.

They might be happy to add another at a reasonable price.

Let them bring their kid to your place and your kid to their place as convenient.