BANGKOK

2 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I like the term honkey...

It's the last sound we hear before getting ran over by a big Cadillac...  🙂

Hi Gonzo, I believe the percentage of walking dead among the local expat population has remained constant, with new recruits making up for those exiting at any given time.

~o:37;

On 7/20/2020 at 7:04 PM, dingdongrb said:

"

Does anyone still use a tangible dictionary these days? I tossed mine out years ago along with the phone-book....  🙂

Ditched the dictionary a long time ago, but I still occasionally browse my very tatty, very old copy of Roget's Thesaurus.  I find it very relaxing (and it smells like a book.  I miss that.  Love the kindle but I miss the smell).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Konini said:

Ditched the dictionary a long time ago, but I still occasionally browse my very tatty, very old copy of Roget's Thesaurus.  I find it very relaxing (and it smells like a book.  I miss that.  Love the kindle but I miss the smell).

Maybe some time soon someone will invent something called "Smellory" .  You put it onto your computer and a blank screen comes up.  You push go and a smell comes out, then you have maybe a minute ( time will be adjustable to allow for older slower memories) to come up with the answer to what the smell is.    ...... got to go now, as I am working on something I think I will call Smellory

There was a time when all young 20/30 year old Farrang died of 'heart attack'.  It was so much easier to explain to the family..... 

Wow, did this topic go off the rails fast and hard.