Covid 19 Health Insurance Providers

Anyone purchased health insurance for entry into Thailand?

I've been given a list of providers and curious about what the premiums are for aged 50 - 55.

covid-19-health-insurance.jpg

Edited by haymanpl

I have already contacted Pacific Cross and the name of the policy is “Visa Friendly”.  This policy meets the requirement for COVID 19 coverage at the $100,000 USD level.  The specific policy has a coverage limit of 3.5 Million Baht(slightly over $100,000).  For the specific age group of 51 to 55 the annual premium is slightly over 53,000 Baht.  Good luck on your search.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bhawana said:

We are also try to travel to bkk from nepal. So can we approach these companies for the travel insurance policy of covid and US$100000. Please advice

I assume you are aware that lot more than the insurance is required for entry. You have to be able to qualify for a certificate of entry that is only available to certain groups of people.

22 hours ago, PattayaKevin said:

I got a policy from tune in the amount of 3.5 million baht which covers covid for 15,000 baht they were the cheapest for me, but I'm only 38. It's an annual policy.

Which company? Any contact details? Thanks

On 7/20/2020 at 3:29 PM, sqwakvfr said:

I have already contacted Pacific Cross and the name of the policy is “Visa Friendly”.  This policy meets the requirement for COVID 19 coverage at the $100,000 USD level.  The specific policy has a coverage limit of 3.5 Million Baht(slightly over $100,000).  For the specific age group of 51 to 55 the annual premium is slightly over 53,000 Baht.  Good luck on your search.

On the Pacific Cross website I don't see any "Visa Friendly" policy.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:03 AM, sqwakvfr said:

Everything I have seen indicates “Health” insurance is required for Entry/Re-entry.  I am not certain a “Travel” insurance policy will be accepted?

You just need any travel insurance covering $100,000 incl Covid-19 for the period you're staying in Thailand. $100,000 is not a very high number. In many countries in Europe if you still have an official address, a travel insurance covering everything is much cheaper than an insurance from a Thai company. A health insurance is not really the same thing. 

On 7/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, Bhawana said:

Hello

We are also try to travel to bkk from nepal. So can we approach these companies for the travel insurance policy of covid and US$100000. Please advice

Bhawana

Don't you have any insurance companies back home that sells travel insurances? You don't need an overpriced Thai insurance. 

On 7/25/2020 at 10:47 AM, haymanpl said:

Just found this cover by Emirates  

According to their website, this offer only covers you for 31 days, starting from your first flight. If you plan on staying longer than that, it's of no use.

Are Emirates flying to Thailand at the moment?

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 7/26/2020 at 6:42 PM, Max69xl said:

Don't you have any insurance companies back home that sells travel insurances? You don't need an overpriced Thai insurance. 

I got a quote for 20,000 baht for Pacific Cross but there is much cheaper. 

17 hours ago, haymanpl said:

I got a quote for 20,000 baht for Pacific Cross but there is much cheaper

Tune insurance I believe depends on your age. It also covers more than just covid. For me as a 38 year old male with the lowest policy it was 15k baht for a year. They also sell policies for shorter amount of time but those prices aren't much cheaper. Definitely pays to buy the yearly plan.

• 2 weeks later...