Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

When do you guys plan to apply for visa?


Recommended Posts

News stated that grace period is until Sept 26, 2020.

 

I'm just curious when you all plan to visit immigration office and apply for visa?

 

Personally i'm leaning toward 10-15 Sept, you know.. to avoid the chaos and flock of visa applicants on the last 7 days before Sept 26.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Calvin1976 said:

Interesting topic... 

Don't you think many others might had the same plan/idea like you? 

Then all meet on 10-15/Sept at WC. 😄

Should all show up at the same Immigration office, coughing and claiming to have a fever, forcing Immigration to make another extension.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

providing the rumored news matches the official decision,
and there is no reason i cannot
i will likely apply for my 60 day extension Mid September

i doubt there will be any chaos at immigration

Edited by innosiem
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AndyPa said:

Should all show up at the same Immigration office, coughing and claiming to have a fever, forcing Immigration to make another extension.

This may end up all being deported before the given date... 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Calvin1976 said:

This may end up all being deported before the given date... 😅

or forced into paid quarantine and paid medical treatment
then being charged overstay at the end of the quarantine
then deported and blacklisted

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would get in and get your yearly extension taken care of. Got mine and the 90 day report done today in Prathum Thani. Easy, less than 45 minutes for both.  The extension of stay is back dated to the original expiry date. In my case May 4th.  Why wait as something could always screw up? You do get the full 90 days. Mine will be Oct 17 by doing it today.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, marin said:

I would get in and get your yearly extension taken care of. Got mine and the 90 day report done today in Prathum Thani. Easy, less than 45 minutes for both.  The extension of stay is back dated to the original expiry date. In my case May 4th.  Why wait as something could always screw up? You do get the full 90 days. Mine will be Oct 17 by doing it today.

Are you saying that anyone who will apply for visa during grace period, their visa will start on the day of last expiration (before or during visa amnesty) and NOT the day it is applied?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arfandy said:

Are you saying that anyone who will apply for visa during grace period, their visa will start on the day of last expiration (before or during visa amnesty) and NOT the day it is applied?

If I apply for a 60 day extension on 26 Aug ....... that would give me 4 days ........ 555.

Nah, that's BS, Marin's immigration cheated him and he accepted it.

I think the answer is to delay as long as possible, so immigration would look stupid if they tried to scam you.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Calvin1976 said:

Interesting topic... 

Don't you think many others might had the same plan/idea like you? 

Then all meet on 10-15/Sept at WC. 😄

That is what i am afraid of. I purposely "waste" a week of free visa amnesty to avoid the flock, but eventually lesser queues on the last day of grace period. What an irony..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BritManToo said:

If I apply for a 60 day extension on 26 Aug ....... that would give me 4 days ........ 555.

I will probably have to apply double extension at once then. I really hope that ain't the case.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, arfandy said:

That is what i am afraid of. I purposely "waste" a week of FREE visa amnesty to avoid the flock, but eventually lesser queues on the last day of grace period. What an irony..

If current visa amnesty considered FREE, I agreed.

But coming "Grace Period" (if confirmed) still FREE, doubt so. 😀

Immg should know during current amnesty, how was their income reduced compare to normal days.       

Do you think also free for coming grace period?

If they even allow us to provide excuse/proof for proper 30/60 days visa.

High chance would be paid for your stay or enjoy until 26/Sept and leave.

Just do it if you need to, don't wait.

 

I'm wondering if need to involve Covid-19 insurance.

For foreigners who allowed to come back now, Covid-19 insurance is a must.

For those foreigners who may or may not be able to go back to their countries and waiting/stranded here, do they need to have it for continue staying here? 😁 

Edited by Calvin1976
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marin said:

I would get in and get your yearly extension taken care of. Got mine and the 90 day report done today in Prathum Thani. Easy, less than 45 minutes for both.  The extension of stay is back dated to the original expiry date. In my case May 4th.  Why wait as something could always screw up? You do get the full 90 days. Mine will be Oct 17 by doing it today.

 

For what reason is your 90-day extension of stay? For education?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arfandy said:

I'm just curious when you all plan to visit immigration office and apply for visa?

 

In your case, is it a visa, ie a non-O visa, you plan to apply for at your immigration office or is it an extension of stay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maestro said:

 

For what reason is your 90-day extension of stay? For education?

my understanding is, he applied for and got a yearly extension backdated as he had used the amnesty, he also did a 90 day address report, with a new report date of 17th November, nothing to do with a 90 day extension

 

arfandy you can only get a 60 day family extension once per entry, do not confuse a yearly extension with any other extension, during the amnesty.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AndyPa said:

Should all show up at the same Immigration office, coughing and claiming to have a fever, forcing Immigration to make another extension.

Good idea, all to an army facility for quarantine 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If I apply for a 60 day extension on 26 Aug ....... that would give me 4 days ........ 555.

Nah, that's BS, Marin's immigration cheated him and he accepted it.

I think the answer is to delay as long as possible, so immigration would look stupid if they tried to scam you.

I think it would be you who would look stupid as there is no scam, they have been very helpful. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, steve187 said:

my understanding is, he applied for and got a yearly extension backdated as he had used the amnesty, he also did a 90 day address report, with a new report date of 17th November, nothing to do with a 90 day extension

 

arfandy you can only get a 60 day family extension once per entry, do not confuse a yearly extension with any other extension, during the amnesty.

Appearantly i can get a 90-day permit to visit spouse. I was adviced by Ubonjoe and i confirmed it back on April 2020 before lockdown happened. 

 

I came here with 60 days Tourist Visa,then early April i went to Chaeng Wattana to extend it. Officer gave me two choices back then, to proceed with usual 30-day visa extension then after finish i can apply for 90-day permit to visit spouse OR ignore 30-day extension and proceed directly to 90-day spouse visitation permit. 

 

I chose normal 30-day extension and one week after, first batch of visa amnesty was announced. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, marin said:

I would get in and get your yearly extension taken care of. Got mine and the 90 day report done today in Prathum Thani. Easy, less than 45 minutes for both.  The extension of stay is back dated to the original expiry date. In my case May 4th.  Why wait as something could always screw up? You do get the full 90 days. Mine will be Oct 17 by doing it today.

back dating a yearly extension is understandable
as there was no need for you to use the amnesty apart from fear

i cannot see them doing this for 60 day extensions,
as the date may have already passed,
and those applying for 60 days, will likely have 1 year extension as next step if no resolve


 

Edited by innosiem
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Appearantly i can get a 90-day permit to visit spouse. I was adviced by Ubonjoe and i confirmed it back on April 2020 before lockdown happened. 

 

I came here with 60 days Tourist Visa,then early April i went to Chaeng Wattana to extend it. Officer gave me two choices back then, to proceed with usual 30-day visa extension then after finish i can apply for 90-day permit to visit spouse OR ignore 30-day extension and proceed directly to 90-day spouse visitation permit. 

 

I chose normal 30-day extension and one week after, first batch of visa amnesty was announced. 

 

 

there is no 90 day extension to visit family, only a 60 day extension,  once only per entry, can be used after a 30 day extension, if on a Visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, steve187 said:

there is no 90 day extension to visit family, only a 60 day extension,  once only per entry, can be used after a 30 day extension.

he does state "permit" not extension for 90 days
which would be like switching visa

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, innosiem said:

he does state "permit" not extension for 90 days
which would be like switching visa

could be a conversion to a non imm 'O' visa, but financials would be required, i think would require a 60 day extension to visit Thai family first as he is on amnesty at the moment, this is the problem with not using the correct terminology, it confuses the thread

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If I apply for a 60 day extension on 26 Aug ....... that would give me 4 days ........ 555.

Nah, that's BS, Marin's immigration cheated him and he accepted it.

lets see how it plays out before we say this. My visa is tied to my WP which was extended in May so that could be the reason.. I have not paid for an extension in 30 years, my employer handles all that I just go along for the ride.  I simply reported back as to what happened in my case. I have also started the process for PR as it seems the way to go for me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, innosiem said:

providing the rumored news matches the official decision,
and there is no reason i cannot
i will likely apply for my 60 day extension Mid September

i doubt there will be any chaos at immigration

I agree @innosiem If they are overcrowded......if your lucky you'll get a ticket; if you're unlucky you'll just be told to come back tomorrow.....and the next and the next.

Anyone who tries to create chaos through suggestions outlined in this thread will be drawing the short straw for sure; drawing retribution as mentioned in # 7 # 8 # 20.....or similar. 🤣

Still, it'll be a great experience for you all.....TIT

Edited by UncleMhee
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, steve187 said:

there is no 90 day extension to visit family, only a 60 day extension,  once only per entry, can be used after a 30 day extension, if on a Visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

I believe i wrote "permit to visit spouse". I know there is no such thing as 90-day visa extension.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Maestro said:

 

In your case, is it a visa, ie a non-O visa, you plan to apply for at your immigration office or is it an extension of stay?

I plan to apply for Permit To Visit Spouse since i am married to Thai wife and have 3 Thai kids. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...