Sacked Buri Ram school janitor speaks up about predatory teacher

snoop1130

Sacked Buri Ram school janitor speaks up about predatory teacher

By The Nation

800_3c9330a09ac5c66.jpg

A former janitor of a school in Buri Ram spoke up on Monday (July 20) saying he had been sacked four months ago because he knew too much about a teacher, who was a sexual predator.

Suchakree Setsiri, 50, said he was sacked after he exposed the story of a teacher sexually abusing a 12-year-old girl, and claimed the teacher had committed the same crime on another girl who was even younger.

Meanwhile, the family of the 12-year-old victim was forced to move from Nang Rong district to Prakhon Chai after receiving a threat from the teacher, 33, who allegedly raped the child on June 24.

Before moving, the girl’s mother had notified the Nang Rong Police Station saying her daughter had received a message from the teacher saying, “don’t forget to take contraceptives, and don’t tell anyone or I will kill your family”. She did not provide any more details because she was concerned about her family’s safety.

Police then contacted the teacher who allegedly confessed and apologised to the family, but other teachers who were close to the offender showed up at the girl’s house to threaten the family and warn them against filing a lawsuit.

Suchakree said after he was sacked, the teacher posted a Facebook message thanking the school’s director for supporting him.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391627

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-20

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

19 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

teacher touches my kids and i will take em out and their families. police are usless here.

no you wouldnt  because then your child ends up with no Father, this is the most aggravating thing in life when you cant do anything

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police then contacted the teacher who allegedly confessed and apologised to the family, but other teachers who were close to the offender showed up at the girl’s house to threaten the family and warn them against filing a lawsuit.

Everything about this is sick !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police then contacted the teacher who allegedly confessed

And the police did what? As usual, nothing, because a teacher is a 'respected' member of society and therefore above punishment for any crime against those who are socially inferior. Thailand really is a very primitive society, no matter how many shiny tall buildings it erects.

• Like 1

These stories about teachers abusing their position of trust and abusing young children seem to be a rather worrying and regular occurrence. I have a horrible feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Rather like the scandal around priests and the Catholic church I feel that the true level of abuse will come out one day but not for many years. As long as Headteachers and fellow colleagues continue to defend such disgusting actions and continue to sweep them under the carpet I'm afraid the cycle will continue. What really bothers me more than anything about these stories is the fact that fellow teachers, heads of schools and parents don't object to such teachers continuing in their role. It really makes me question the moral compass of the Thai's. Are they really thinking that this type of crime is punishable with a slap on the wrist and an 'apology' to the family?

The more I think about it the more it angers and saddens me. A total disgrace and brings shame on Thailand. As I say, I believe a scandal of monumental proportions is brewing. I just hope that all those involved will one day be held accountable for their actions (but I ain't holding my breath).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sounds like the abuse could be widespread in the school  and this wasnt just a one-off incident . 

Why else would all the other teachers try and silence the girl ?